British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Is there any factual reason to think Barker is in the frame or is this all rumour at the moment?

All rumour it would seem. I'd not be against other riders being added to the list, as long as the picks were done in the correct order all over again.

All rumour it would seem. I'd not be against other riders being added to the list, as long as the picks were done in the correct order all over again.

A bit late to start doing the picks again I think. Kevlars in club colours will have been ordered at £800 a go, sponsorship deals set up with local sponsors and the fixture list is well on the way, amongst other things It would cause too much disruption to do the picks again (although worth it if Kyle Newman somehow finished up at Leicester instead of Poole!)

• Like 2

Come now. .. The draft system is a lot of things but fair it is not. It has been a farce from day one.

Not sure why you keep saying that ..I remember when is first out and Kings Lynn had two great picks and were top of the league and you were going on about great it was etc etc ...when people told you it was unfair your reply was tough luck and should grown your own talent !

The rule could have been a good one but from the get go as normal in speedway self interest soon takes over and the cheating starts .

• Like 4

I agree that this has been a bit of a cock up,but why should a team go with a rider ranked 19th as their number 1.Even if Lynn didn't change their race night Lakeside would have been in the same situation.Would people have been moaning then.People seem to be moaning because Lynn have changed their race-night,this didn't have anything to do with Blackbird retiring which ultimately is why we have this problem now.

Probably in all fairness the draw would be re-drawn but that would be unlikely to happen as some teams are complete and if they were to get a higher average reserve they may have to drop someone in the 1-5.Also if you have a lesser averaged reserve you may have been able to get a higher average rider in the 1-5.

I agree that this has been a bit of a cock up,but why should a team go with a rider ranked 19th as their number 1.Even if Lynn didn't change their race night Lakeside would have been in the same situation.Would people have been moaning then.People seem to be moaning because Lynn have changed their race-night,this didn't have anything to do with Blackbird retiring which ultimately is why we have this problem now.

Probably in all fairness the draw would be re-drawn but that would be unlikely to happen as some teams are complete and if they were to get a higher average reserve they may have to drop someone in the 1-5.Also if you have a lesser averaged reserve you may have been able to get a higher average rider in the 1-5.

You could say why would you sign an asset from the list and declare you are racing on a Wednesday (assuming that at best the BSPA and riders signed were told of possibility) and then change the race night knowing that your own asset has already signed for a Thursday night track as the true farce.

no it isn't fair that Kings Lynn so far haven't signed an adequate replacement for Kerr and it wouldn't be fair if a 'superior' rider was added to the list to suit just one club.

You could say it feels almost orchestrated if Chapman is able to sign Barker (as an example) and could sound like an abuse of power.

Hopefully something sensible is sorted and assuming Blackbird hasn't 'stayed retired' he could move across as the replacement.

You could say why would you sign an asset from the list and declare you are racing on a Wednesday (assuming that at best the BSPA and riders signed were told of possibility) and then change the race night knowing that your own asset has already signed for a Thursday night track as the true farce.

no it isn't fair that Kings Lynn so far haven't signed an adequate replacement for Kerr and it wouldn't be fair if a 'superior' rider was added to the list to suit just one club.

You could say it feels almost orchestrated if Chapman is able to sign Barker (as an example) and could sound like an abuse of power.

Hopefully something sensible is sorted and assuming Blackbird hasn't 'stayed retired' he could move across as the replacement.

And you could also say why did Lakeside declare a rider from the list who had retired.

I like you hope Blackbird doesn't stay retired and indeed does come to Lynn,at least it will make the situation much better.But if he don't is there any rider of the same quality as Kerr/Blackbird who could be added.I don't think there is off the top of my head.

And you could also say why did Lakeside declare a rider from the list who had retired.

I like you hope Blackbird doesn't stay retired and indeed does come to Lynn,at least it will make the situation much better.But if he don't is there any rider of the same quality as Kerr/Blackbird who could be added.I don't think there is off the top of my head.

Let's look at the chronology.

Lewis Blackbird must have signed the forms they all have to sign before going on the EDR list. He must have at least been keeping his options open.

He was announced as Lakeside's reserve soon after the AGM together with Rob Mear. The Lakeside announcement said it was subject to him deciding to ride and they were hopeful he would ride. They also said they had a back up plan if he decided not to ride. Its inconceivable that he would have been announced or that Lakeside would say they were hopeful he would ride if he had said he was definitely not riding, or if he had withdrawn his name from the EDR list. If he had said he was definatey not riding the back up plan, Plan B would have been plan A

We don't know what the back up plan was or whether it involved Lewis Kerr but Lakeside side moved to sign Kerr as soon as he withdrew from KL.

We will never know all the details but clearly nBlackbird was not formally retired when the list was produced and it beggars belief that Lakeside would have signed him and let Adam Ellis go as a consequence, if they knew he wasn't going to ride.

Edited by E I Addio

No rider who is better than howarth should be even considered.

Lakeside clearly had knew that Blackbird was considering a comeback and would have known prior to the draft this information I'd imagine.

I feel for Kings Lynn however this is all of there own making so no special considerations should be considered in reality.

To be fair when I suggested that the picks could be re-done I had forgotten that reserves have averages for team building purposes this year, with the vast majority of team places now sorted it would lead to all sorts of bother. What would really help is a list of all the riders that were available to be picked for the reserve berths, then we would know who is left for Lynn to select from.

• Like 1

No rider who is better than howarth should be even considered.

Lakeside clearly had knew that Blackbird was considering a comeback and would have known prior to the draft this information I'd imagine.

I feel for Kings Lynn however this is all of there own making so no special considerations should be considered in reality.

Compton,Lanham or Robson then the grandad brigade :D

• Like 1

Not sure why you keep saying that ..I remember when is first out and Kings Lynn had two great picks and were top of the league and you were going on about great it was etc etc ...when people told you it was unfair your reply was tough luck and should grown your own talent !

The rule could have been a good one but from the get go as normal in speedway self interest soon takes over and the cheating starts .

As like so many others, you have gloss over facts, purely to verify your perception of my opinion. When the draft was first introduced I was one of the biggest objectors, understanding the issues that would transform from riding in protected heats. When the list of draft riders were first released , they were positioned by their PL average because most had not ridden in the EL. In that list of riders, Kerr was placed at the top and Rose was positioned at the bottom... So yes in that first year, we utilised the option (Like other teams) of protecting Lewis Kerr, and also collared Rose who was the lowest. I can see why people are voicing their concerned , in that he was picked out first, but had the draw be done correctly, chances are, we would still have got our man. Thinking back, although the promoters agreed at the time, it was only when Rose started to perform did the sceptics start . Yes I have always pursued the point that teams should find the own riders and spend time and money to progress their talent. and thought it was wrong when teams like Swindon in 2015 took away a talented youngster in the view of fairness. Regardless of his low average, I am pleased he is back at Lynn in 2016.

My comment about being fair is related to the on-going deception of the positioning of riders and the availability of others. Why the BSPA persistently use PL averages to determine position of riders, riding in the EL is a complete joke. We all know that Newman is the standout Draft rider in the league, but relentlessly he is placed so Poole get preferential treatment. The whole draft idea is floored because of the false positioning of riders. The idea of the draft who introduced to help the team that finish bottom and should benefit more than those who finished top. But not in our sport......

So Yes, if we are running a draft, let the teams at the bottom of the league have first pick of both their Tier 1 and Tier2 riders, and the team finishing top have last choice. That's the 'DRAFT' way, If that cant be implemented, then let all teams secure their own riders with acceptable averages.. Either way I'm not bothered.

I'm sorry if my views don't agree with yours (by the way all your 'Likes' were so predictable ;) ) but to me there is only one way to do things. While we have deceptions like Lakeside signing Kerr after the selection process is finished, the process will always be laughable......

As like so many others, you have gloss over facts, purely to verify your perception of my opinion. When the draft was first introduced I was one of the biggest objectors, understanding the issues that would transform from riding in protected heats. When the list of draft riders were first released , they were positioned by their PL average because most had not ridden in the EL. In that list of riders, Kerr was placed at the top and Rose was positioned at the bottom... So yes in that first year, we utilised the option (Like other teams) of protecting Lewis Kerr, and also collared Rose who was the lowest. I can see why people are voicing their concerned , in that he was picked out first, but had the draw be done correctly, chances are, we would still have got our man. Thinking back, although the promoters agreed at the time, it was only when Rose started to perform did the sceptics start . Yes I have always pursued the point that teams should find the own riders and spend time and money to progress their talent. and thought it was wrong when teams like Swindon in 2015 took away a talented youngster in the view of fairness. Regardless of his low average, I am pleased he is back at Lynn in 2016.

My comment about being fair is related to the on-going deception of the positioning of riders and the availability of others. Why the BSPA persistently use PL averages to determine position of riders, riding in the EL is a complete joke. We all know that Newman is the standout Draft rider in the league, but relentlessly he is placed so Poole get preferential treatment. The whole draft idea is floored because of the false positioning of riders. The idea of the draft who introduced to help the team that finish bottom and should benefit more than those who finished top. But not in our sport......

So Yes, if we are running a draft, let the teams at the bottom of the league have first pick of both their Tier 1 and Tier2 riders, and the team finishing top have last choice. That's the 'DRAFT' way, If that cant be implemented, then let all teams secure their own riders with acceptable averages.. Either way I'm not bothered.

I'm sorry if my views don't agree with yours (by the way all your 'Likes' were so predictable ;) ) but to me there is only one way to do things. While we have deceptions like Lakeside signing Kerr after the selection process is finished, the process will always be laughable......

Actually I think you will find that the sceptics started before a wheel was turned! With regards your talented youngster and his return - all I can say is that he made little or no progress last year so I'm pleased too that he is back at Kings Lynn :wink:

There has been a lot of posts on here over the last few days about the no6 position now what's people's thoughts on the no1 position? I feel as each day that passes that the club doesn't sign a no1 its looks more and more likely that King Kenny B will fill that position.

There has been a lot of posts on here over the last few days about the no6 position now what's people's thoughts on the no1 position? I feel as each day that passes that the club doesn't sign a no1 its looks more and more likely that King Kenny B will fill that position.

I for one wouldn't be annoyed or surprised. There's no getting away from the fact he been troubled of late, but he's still a far better rider than his scores suggest.....

On his day, he is still capable of beating anyone in the league....... :t: