British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

And having Kyle Howarth isn't? :rolleyes:

Howarth was on the list from the start though, that's the problem. Adding rider's to the list before a wheel is turned andteams have already selected their FTR's is absurd

No new riders should be added until after the 1st May minimum

Just to add, if Ben Barker is added and ends up at King's Lynn then Buster's Chairmanship must be questioned.

Would absolutely stink of self interest, something he wanted to stand against and play a straight bat.

Sign Barker, Buster will be like all the others and can't be trusted imo

• Like 9

Howarth was on the list from the start though, that's the problem. Adding rider's to the list before a wheel is turned andteams have already selected their FTR's is absurd

No new riders should be added until after the 1st May minimumJust to add, if Ben Barker is added and ends up at King's Lynn then Buster's Chairmanship must be questioned.

Would absolutely stink of self interest, something he wanted to stand against and play a straight bat.

Sign Barker, Buster will be like all the others and can't be trusted imo

I didn't say it was right (and it clearly isn't), I was simply pointing out that a talented second string is already in the draft (albeit from the beginning). The trouble with the BSPA and rules is that they apply them to suit! Edited by Steve0

Howarth was on the draft from the start and isn't a asset of any of the EL clubs.

Barker wasn't on the draft and is a Coventry asset, therefore he could have been protected by his parent club if on the original draft.

It's King Lynn's decision to change race night after the draft pick so they should pick a rider who was on the original draft.

I guess being the chairman may once again be an unfair advantage to certain team if this happens.

Edited by mdmc82

If King's Lynn are allowed to use Ben Barker at no.6 instead of a draft rider it will be a farce. The other promoters need to stand firm.

Come now. .. The draft system is a lot of things but fair it is not. It has been a farce from day one. Instead of doing it for the good of the sport , it was concocted to benefit certain promotions. Why should riders be governed to where they have to ride? Why should clubs, who doesn't have a youth policy, benefit over those who have? And why do we have to keep referring back to PL averages to determine the selection procedure. Its a complete farce from the start to finish.......

With a little bit of thought, the introduction of new British riders into the Elite league, could have been really good and benefited the sport. Each Club should have been enforced to sign their own British rider with the purpose of riding at reserves. Their averages would be counted into the team strength, so if a team fielded strong reserves their team 1-5 would have to be lesser quality to accommodate them. There would be no need for Lists, False averages, Bias selections processes, Draft orders or issues of unfairness. Riders would be able to ride where they wanted, and Managers would be responsible for the strength of their own team. It could have been so simple.......

Talk about making things complicated.......... I agree, allowing Barker to ride as a draft would be farcical, .... but no more so than some teams having two picks of drafts before others have had one..............especially when using false averages to achieve it.

If Barker is on the list Coventry should get him as his parent club. Lynn can have Josh Bates.

WELCOME BACK :t::drink:

• Like 1

Good Idea Mungo... Im with you on that one. What started out as a good idea is now a mess. Then again this is Speedway. The odd good idea they do have they always managed to ( 4 letter word here) Mess ( im being kind) it up

Edited by semion

Howarth was in the list a point you seem to have ignored. :rolleyes:

The rights and wrongs of which riders should be on the list is a different topic.

I'd prefer British riders on the draft list that can't get a 1-5 starting line up so riders that want to ride EL can.

However that might mean delaying the draft draw.

No doubt you wouldn't complain if Barker was on the list and Swindon were able to select him.

Howarth was in the list a point you seem to have ignored. :rolleyes:

The rights and wrongs of which riders should be on the list is a different topic.

I'd prefer British riders on the draft list that can't get a 1-5 starting line up so riders that want to ride EL can.

However that might mean delaying the draft draw.

No doubt you wouldn't complain if Barker was on the list and Swindon were able to select him.

I think you'll find that I didn't ignore it! :rolleyes:

From the opening post I quoted it appeared so. :rolleyes:

And you would be unhappy If barker was on the list and selected by Swindon?

The picks have been done so it doesn't matter and as I said above it wouldn't be right if 1) he was made an FTR or 2) he was added to the list before the season starts!

Like Howarth, he is too good to be considered an FTR.

And you would be unhappy If barker was on the list and selected by Swindon?

Nobody could be unhappy is Barker was on the list and selected by anyone in accordance with the rules.

But he wasn't on the list.

And the BSPA chairman can't fiddle the rules so that he has a No.6 who isn't a fast-track reserve.

• Like 1

Nobody could be unhappy is Barker was on the list and selected by anyone in accordance with the rules.

But he wasn't on the list.

And the BSPA chairman can't fiddle the rules so that he has a No.6 who isn't a fast-track reserve.

Is there any factual reason to think Barker is in the frame or is this all rumour at the moment?

• Like 2

http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/fim-team-player-management-wsl/

"Polish and English fans could also enjoy the opening of speedway season with the First International Pre-Season Speedway Cup in Kings Lynn. The second edition of this highly successful tournament will be held on the 20th of March 2016 in Kings Lynn"

Looks like we're (King's Lynn) having a season opener the same as last season. Great stuff

The 2nd leg of the tournament has been arranged for the same date as Chris Harris testimonial. What happens for Riders Who were planning on riding in Bomber's.

It doesn't look as if this has been mentioned on here yet, but the second staging of the International Pre-Season Cup with Wroclaw as the visitors is now scheduled for Friday 18th March and not 20th as originally mentioned:

http://www.kingslynnstars.co/2016/01/08/stars-to-open-with-wroclaw-challenge/

• Like 1