British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Taking there time with the team announcement!

Apparently they maybe adding to the list of FTRs according to someone on another thread.I would assume they will wait to see if anymore names are added and then go from there.I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before but cant say I am a 100% :o

When the Rory night was arranged I thought this coud be the night when annoucements were made. Now I'm not so sure........

Personally , I not bothered who they get to ride. Such is the sate of the game now, the winning and achieving something doesn't seem so important any more. I shall continue supporting hoping to enjoy the basis of what the sport was once all about ....... and forget all about those stupid lists, those complicated rules , and the merry-go-round of riding positions with fictitious averages.......

38 - 40 was a wonderful time. Why has a sport that is, so basically straight forward, been made so complex. :sad:

• Like 3

Apparently they maybe adding to the list of FTRs according to someone on another thread.I would assume they will wait to see if anymore names are added and then go from there.I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this before but cant say I am a 100% :o

Can't see this being the case but if it is then surely the whole process of picking reserves would have to be redone? Wouldn't be fair to let any team just pick a new name on the list willy nilly.

Can't see this being the case but if it is then surely the whole process of picking reserves would have to be redone? Wouldn't be fair to let any team just pick a new name on the list willy nilly.

I was just saying what somebody else said about names being added.I assume as their are only 7 1st picks as Blackbird looks like he has pulled out,and there are 8 teams it would also be unfair on Lynn to have the 9th choice second tier rider as their no1 1st pick.Does that make sense,it does to me but maybe not others.

• Like 1

The way I see it, we had Lewis but chose to change our race night and therefore had to let him go so its tough luck if we now end up with a poor number six.

Fair enough on that point,but apparently he was told we maybe riding Thursdays before he signed for Ipswich(unsure).But had Kerr been riding for Lynn then it would have been unfair on Lakeside to lose out because Blackbird decided to quit.

At the end of the day their should be 8 1st picks and at present their are only 7 regardless of what night any club ride on.

• Like 1

Fair enough on that point,but apparently he was told we maybe riding Thursdays before he signed for Ipswich(unsure).But had Kerr been riding for Lynn then it would have been unfair on Lakeside to lose out because Blackbird decided to quit.

At the end of the day their should be 8 1st picks and at present their are only 7 regardless of what night any club ride on.

Blackbird had retired before the end of last season. He told Lakeside not to include him but they announced him anyway.

Blackbird had retired before the end of last season. He told Lakeside not to include him but they announced him anyway.

If that was the case then maybe they should have included another rider into the first picks from the off.Why an earth did the picks go ahead with a rider who wasn't riding included in it,they must have known it would cause problems.

• Like 1

How would Poole have been able to get Ellis as their second pick if there wasn't 8 Tier 1 riders in front of him?. Therefore Blackbird had to be included in the top eight. The fact he had retired was irrelevant ..... Come on' keep up please......... you ought to know the rules by now :t:

If King's Lynn are allowed to use Ben Barker at no.6 instead of a draft rider it will be a farce. The other promoters need to stand firm.

Barker has ridden in the WTC, its inconceivable that he could become a draft rider. So, it will probably happen... :o

• Like 1