British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

I think it's great that Rory wants to be involved, his meeting was nothing but a success with the fans, that's what the SRBF meeting needs to be again ......

I agree Rory meeting last season was a brilliant success - Rory is a great addition to the SRBF and would be a great addition to help in the running of KL speedway at some point in the future .

Interesting words from Rob on Radio Norfolk this morning, saying British Speedway needs to do more to entice top boys back. If teams can't finalise because the top boys don't want a full season here and\or want one\two days a week, why don't they just rule that top boys can at least job share this year, no promotion wants an underpar team, as opposition or their own?? A ridiculous situation!!

• Like 1

Interesting words from Rob on Radio Norfolk this morning, saying British Speedway needs to do more to entice top boys back. If teams can't finalise because the top boys don't want a full season here and\or want one\two days a week, why don't they just rule that top boys can at least job share this year, no promotion wants an underpar team, as opposition or their own?? A ridiculous situation!!

No quite,

It was reported from the AGM that when the Job share was discussed, one promoter, rejected it, saying as he was in contract talks with a top rider , he didn't want a job share to interfere with the negotiations. and the subject was than shelved. so in other words because one Promoter said 'No' everyone else agreed with him.

Now that's a ridiculous situation, when the progress of our sport can be dictated by a single promoter...

• Like 3

I agree, you can't make the job share compulsory, it has to be flexible to the inividual team, but I suppose nothing in the rules say you can't sign a rider, then change him mid season anyway, us there? Use Tai for 3 months, then get an someone else in? Why is that a problem... (CMA compliant)

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Surely he would now reconsider when there are clubs that cannot finalise their teams????

Not sure I agree with that as it would give those teams an unfair advantage over the teams that have filled their teams under current rules.

Whilst I agree with GRW that one promoter vetoing this is unfair, if that's what the rules allow him to do it's the rules that need changing (where have we heard that before :P )

I agree, you can't make the job share compulsory, it has to be flexible to the inividual team, but I suppose nothing in the rules say you can't sign a rider, then change him mid season anyway, us there? Use Tai for 3 months, then get an someone else in? Why is that a problem... (CMA compliant)

As I understand it most riders want less meetings close together so that wouldn't solve their problem. For 3 months they would still have what they consider too many meetings in a month. What they want is along the lines of Rider A riding in week 1 and rider B riding in week 2 sort of deal.

• Like 1

Surely he would now reconsider when there are clubs that cannot finalise their teams????

Swindon had the same problem last season when they went for Adrian Miedzinski at #1 - I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been first choice (more like a last resort) but feel free to sign him as your #1 for next season :wink:

Would it be cost effective for a job share arrangment ? If say Nicki P was to ride 14 meetings for Lynn would his set up costs in this country be the same (pro rata) as doing 28 meetings ?

Riders say they would race over here with less fixtures so I'm guessing yes (for some)?

Kenni Larsen has been my hope for the remaining top five spot but it seems he is keen to ride over here so if it was him I'd have thought it would have been signed, sealed and delivered by now. Heard Rob on Radio Norfolk this morning, didn't say anything we didn't already know. I think the problems some teams are having in completing their sides are due to a points limit which is a little too high, there don't seem to be the riders to go round who want to race over here under the current conditions but I don't think allowing shared positions this late in the teambuilding day would be fair on those who have completed their sides. Buster didn't oversee the AGM this year as his reign as chairman didn't begin until after all the decisions were made but hopefully he will be able to encourage something a bit more workable next year.

Don't agree, you can't change the rules this late. Not fair on teams and riders who have already been signed.You are right though, the league looks like it is going to be more lopsided than ever before and all too predictable.

• Like 3

But GB this is Speedway we are talking about. How many times have seen rule changes happen mid season, when it has been discovered that some smart ass has found a loophole in some new rule or other. Dont they use...'In the best Interests', rule ?

You are right about Kenni Larsen though, would love to see him at Saddlebow. For me would be more box Office than Batch. Also with him being a Newcastle asset and what appears to be a close relationship with Buster ( Rose, Kerr Lambert to name but 3 ) and George, maybe there is still hope. Like you though I would have thought if he was KIngs Lynn bound it would have been a done deal by now. Then again could it be that Kenni is the safety net and they are still trying to get a big fish in.

Edited by semion

If a rule change is implemented just weeks before a season then that would be me pretty much done with the sport even if my side gain an advantage from it.

You'd prefer to go into the season with an underpar side then?

Edited by Trees

You'd prefer to go into the season with an underpar side then?

Look at it this way. If Poole were one of the incomplete teams and the rules were changed there would be uproar!

All teams had the same time frame to build, if some hung about too long and missed the boat, they only have themselves to blame.