British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/fim-team-player-management-wsl/

"Polish and English fans could also enjoy the opening of speedway season with the First International Pre-Season Speedway Cup in Kings Lynn. The second edition of this highly successful tournament will be held on the 20th of March 2016 in Kings Lynn"

Looks like we're (King's Lynn) having a season opener the same as last season. Great stuff

"Polish and English fans could also enjoy the opening of speedway season with the First International Pre-Season Speedway Cup in Kings Lynn. The second edition of this highly successful tournament will be held on the 20th of March 2016 in Kings Lynn"

Looks like we're (King's Lynn) having a season opener the same as last season. Great stuff

The 2nd leg of the tournament has been arranged for the same date as Chris Harris testimonial. What happens for Riders Who were planning on riding in Bomber's. Edited by mdmc82

The 2nd leg of the tournament has been arranged for the same date as Chris Harris testimonial. What happens for Riders Who were planning on riding in Bomber's.

They just wont accept Bombers offer if asked. I doubt there would be many clashes anyway.

It doesn't say that :/

It says, In 2016, the FIM World Speedway League will take place in Europe on the 23rd of April.

It doesn't say that :/

It says, In 2016, the FIM World Speedway League will take place in Europe on the 23rd of April.

It does, if you continue on to read the bit: About Team Player Management Co Ltd:

"Team Player Management & Co Ltd owns the rights to run shows and use the Stars On Ice brand in Europe and the Middle East under the agreement with the IMG. Another brand to which Team Player Management & Co Ltd owns the rights to is the FIM World Speedway League; an agreement has been signed with the FIM for the years 2016-2025.

Team Player Management & Co. Ltd is known for organizing exciting and successful events in the United Kingdom. One of the many events hosted by Team Player Management was the “Londynski Kabareton” (London comedy show) in the Victoria Apollo Theatre at the West End. Polish and English fans could also enjoy the opening of speedway season with the First International Pre-Season Speedway Cup in Kings Lynn. The second edition of this highly successful tournament will be held on the 20th of March 2016 in Kings Lynn."

• Like 1

I'm told tonight the visiting team will be Woclaw so the World Champion Tai Woffinden and ex Lynn Star Magic Janowski are the two star names in the Woclaw team .
  • Like 1

It does, if you continue on to read the bit: About Team Player Management Co Ltd:

"Team Player Management & Co Ltd owns the rights to run shows and use the Stars On Ice brand in Europe and the Middle East under the agreement with the IMG. Another brand to which Team Player Management & Co Ltd owns the rights to is the FIM World Speedway League; an agreement has been signed with the FIM for the years 2016-2025.

Team Player Management & Co. Ltd is known for organizing exciting and successful events in the United Kingdom. One of the many events hosted by Team Player Management was the “Londynski Kabareton” (London comedy show) in the Victoria Apollo Theatre at the West End. Polish and English fans could also enjoy the opening of speedway season with the First International Pre-Season Speedway Cup in Kings Lynn. The second edition of this highly successful tournament will be held on the 20th of March 2016 in Kings Lynn."

Ok fair enough.

The article does contradict itself though.

I'm told tonight the visiting team will be Woclaw so the World Champion Tai Woffinden and ex Lynn Star Magic Janowski are the two star names in the Woclaw team .

Bloody hell, the British world champion riding on a British track!!!

What is the world coming to?

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Has this fixture and date actually been confirmed, as no mention is made of it on the King's Lynn website, nor to the best of my knowledge, the BSPA site?

Mike surely you know by now that the official Lynn website is the last place you will find any news concerning Kings Lynn

• Like 2

Has this fixture and date actually been confirmed, as no mention is made of it on the King's Lynn website, nor to the best of my knowledge, the BSPA site?

Lynn website is the last place to look there is no mention yet of Troy's broken arm - get more info from the local carrier pigeon than from Lynn website .
  • Like 2

Such a shame for the comments regarding the efficiency of information coming from Lynn Speedway. In this day and age when everything is made so easy with the social media, forthcoming information should be readily available 27/7. Some people can't go to the toilet, without posting it on Twitter, Every breath they take, its posted somewhere.. Yet a club like Kings Lynn Stars, who have at least 3 twitter accounts cant be bothered to keep their fans up to date with relative information.

Amazing !!!!

• Like 1

Such a shame for the comments regarding the efficiency of information coming from Lynn Speedway. In this day and age when everything is made so easy with the social media, forthcoming information should be readily available 27/7. Some people can't go to the toilet, without posting it on Twitter, Every breath they take, its posted somewhere.. Yet a club like Kings Lynn Stars, who have at least 3 twitter accounts cant be bothered to keep their fans up to date with relative information.

Amazing !!!!

I can only assume that 1 there is no information 2 the club don't want the fans to have the information 3 the person that updates Twitter and Facbook and the website has information but can't be arsed to share it with us all . Which ever it is I've no idea but the club soon needs to get its act together on this in all my years of following the Club I've never known the PR side to be so none existent- going back to say the 1980s we had the EDP Lynn News local Radio and the Speedway Star news took awhile to filter through but now with instant access to any fan via Twitter Facebook and our own website there is no excuse for how fans are being treated . In my view we need someone updating the media with a bit more interest in the club and its fans . We can go on about this but until Buster sees there is a problem nothing will change .
  • Like 1

Amazing !!!!

Is there any information to share?(apart rom the Batchelor thing).Whats the point of putting things on for the shear hell of it.Lets be honest this is speedway not football where things happen on a more regular basis.Problem with social media etc is that people tend to become more nosier nowadays and want to know the ins and outs of everything that goes on.Hmm I wonder what Schlein had for dinner today hopefully Lynn will put that on their website ;)

• Like 1

Is there any information to share?(apart rom the Batchelor thing).Whats the point of putting things on for the shear hell of it.Lets be honest this is speedway not football where things happen on a more regular basis.Problem with social media etc is that people tend to become more nosier nowadays and want to know the ins and outs of everything that goes on.Hmm I wonder what Schlein had for dinner today hopefully Lynn will put that on their website ;)

plenty to share I'd have thought Troy breaking his arm as you say the latest on the no1 and reserve position and the upcoming meeting with Polish side Wroclaw . Why was there more information about signings already this winter on Twitter and Facebook via riders than the clubs website ? If your happy with the information coming out of the club then all well and good but I and others are far from happy .

Now you being silly....

Its all about the integrity of the club and the value it places on it's supporters. Nobody is asking for the world just a few timely facts would be nice: i.e. Troy accident and how it will interfere with the team progress during the season. The Polish fixture coming up and what the fans can expect in light of costs and riders on show. I understand the secrecy needed in signing top riders, but surely the reserve berth can be more open. Having already messed up with Kerr, it isn't too much to ask of the current situation regarding replacements...it seem every team is aware of our options except the Stars own supporters.

In a sport where fans are few and far between, this is not the way to increase, or sustain the interest in any club..........

• Like 2