British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Bearing in mind we are still 2 riders short and that Troy Batchelor is our top rider, when he has a bad accident surely the fans ought to be told...........

Years ago back in the 60's , 70's and 80's, we only had the local press and you could always be upto date with what was going on. There were match reports, fixture plans, even a column from Bettsy and sometimes Lee. It didn't matter which local rag you read the sport was covered in detail.. .. There weren't many Mobiles about then , Social media hadn't been invented.

Now with every opportunity at one's fingertips, it would be so easy, to post important information, to keep the fans up to date...... But as usual, we hear Nothing... I bet we will hear when something is planned and they will want us to pay out for a meeting or a talk-in. They're not slow in holding their hand out........

And people wonder why fans don't bother anymore ??????

• Like 1

Maybe with Busters Chairmanship of the BSPA he doesn't have the same time to devote to all things Kings Lynn. Apparently not been seen at match days at the football club for some considerable time. Always considered Buster to be a very hands on type of businessman. Very surprised that it would appear he is leaving things to others

Bearing in mind we are still 2 riders short and that Troy Batchelor is our top rider, when he has a bad accident surely the fans ought to be told...........

Years ago back in the 60's , 70's and 80's, we only had the local press and you could always be upto date with what was going on. There were match reports, fixture plans, even a column from Bettsy and sometimes Lee. It didn't matter which local rag you read the sport was covered in detail.. .. There weren't many Mobiles about then , Social media hadn't been invented.

Now with every opportunity at one's fingertips, it would be so easy, to post important information, to keep the fans up to date...... But as usual, we hear Nothing... I bet we will hear when something is planned and they will want us to pay out for a meeting or a talk-in. They're not slow in holding their hand out........

And people wonder why fans don't bother anymore ??????

the PR side has been none existent for a long while now last season more should have been made of our 50th but wasn't was a total wasted opportunity. Information coming out of the club is often old news as with the Troy's broken arm though we are still waiting for the official version from the club . .

Lynn have never won the top League and going into their 51st year we probably still won't win it, but then again New you have to in it to win it. Lynn had a few years cleaning up in The Premier League. Peterborough have it all to do at that level.

Mind you will get to enjoy the best race track in the Country at Alwarton, think plenty of away teams will enjoy it next season 😉

yes so you have but now Rick had enough of the not so Ready Panthers

His awful team selections and obsession with play off Kenny were his responsibility, no one else is to blame. Now he has moved his toys to a pram in Dorset where they know how to put a decent team together...

• Like 2

Lynn won't ever win the Elite League, they don't have that inner strength that the Panthers were always blessed with.

one things for certain the not so Ready Panthers won't win the 2016 EL because they are in the PL were as Kings Lynn are 1 of 8 teams that has a chance of being EL champions . So enjoy your season of switching between the Pie Rats and the Not So Ready Panthers .
  • Like 1

Is anybody else having a problem with the official Kings Lynn web site? Home page seems very reluctant, and some links don't work. Its normally OK, even if it still doesn't mention Troy is injured. If this is what we have to look forward to in 2016, then Lord help us. Maybe the info is on twitter, but I don't tweet, too old for all that stuff.

Happy New Year to all Stars supporters and Forum members.

Dave

Lynn have never won the top League and going into their 51st year we probably still won't win it, but then again New you have to in it to win it. Lynn had a few years cleaning up in The Premier League. Peterborough have it all to do at that level.

Mind you will get to enjoy the best race track in the Country at Alwarton, think plenty of away teams will enjoy it next season 😉

Cleaned up at PL and EL already thank you very much.

Where is that Panthers are riding next year?

Is anybody else having a problem with the official Kings Lynn web site? Home page seems very reluctant, and some links don't work. Its normally OK, even if it still doesn't mention Troy is injured. If this is what we have to look forward to in 2016, then Lord help us. Maybe the info is on twitter, but I don't tweet, too old for all that stuff.

Dave

Never too old!!!!!

Dave

I also have trouble with the King's Lynn website at times, don't know why that should be.

As for Twitter, I'm with you and dabble with it. I have read some postings on it, and to be honest they don't mean much, as they don't really say a lot. Japanese is as easy to understand.

Happy New Year everybody.

I also have trouble with the King's Lynn website at times, don't know why that should be.

As for Twitter, I'm with you and dabble with it. I have read some postings on it, and to be honest they don't mean much, as they don't really say a lot. Japanese is as easy to understand.

Happy New Year everybody.

But at least you get news about

Lynn on Twitter!

Happy New Year to all.