British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Any indication to the no 1 announcement?

Jose Mourinho name is being linked..... :t:

• Like 1

I can understand the desire for brief social media updates during the close season but I would be cautious about being flooded with too much news saying very little during the winter.....as a big Norwich City fan I actually stop reading news reports during the summer as they say virtually nothing and that is the danger of bombarding your customers with empty stories is that they will switch off.

I'd agree though that during the season the PR could be much, much better.

I agree. The news they put out yesterday was just saying that there is no news. What is the point of that? I would rather have news worth reading than constant rubbish being pushed out. If there is no news then there is no reason to tell us there is no news.

• Like 1

I can understand the desire for brief social media updates during the close season but I would be cautious about being flooded with too much news saying very little during the winter.....as a big Norwich City fan I actually stop reading news reports during the summer as they say virtually nothing and that is the danger of bombarding your customers with empty stories is that they will switch off.

I'd agree though that during the season the PR could be much, much better.

I wouldn't want to be reminded i was a Norwich fan either!

• Like 1

The one main ingredient that JC failed to mention was someone to implement it all. Young Chapman is obviously not the only PR guy around but he has never been replaced. Maybe there are not the funds available to support someone at both the Speedway and the Football on a full time basis, but you only have to take a look at the Football to see what happens when no marketing budget is out behind a business. I have no idea what numbers have been like at Saddlebow over the same period, as where numbers are concerned Speedway never makes anything official... Why is that ?

As for news coming out of the Club during the off season I think fans should expect more news than we currently get. After all Phil Rising sells a weekly mag throughout the winter when no speedway is taking place in the UK

I agree. The news they put out yesterday was just saying that there is no news. What is the point of that? I would rather have news worth reading than constant rubbish being pushed out. If there is no news then there is no reason to tell us there is no news.

but isn't this what people were asking for?

there have been people saying that even if there's no news, let us know, so it's obviously a no win situation

I wouldn't want to be reminded i was a Norwich fan either!

Oh I don't know, It's pretty bloody good being one today :wink:

Think Steve got it right earlier. The club gets criticised for saying nothing so released a statement and still get criticised. I don't think everything is rosy but don't believe in giving unnecessary criticism. Seemingly can't win at the moment.

• Like 5

Fair play to the Budgies - even if Man U are now a pale shadow of the top side they once were.

Whilst losing to the might of Derby is only to be expected for the Championships thrifty underdogs.... wink

Not this old chestnut...........

Riders do motocross to re/gain fitness and also keep on the bike, to keep there bodies used to going on bikes, accidents could happen anywhere, if he went running and broke his arm, you would moan, if he went shopping, and tripped and broke his arm, you would moan....

accidents are part and parcel of life.

I agree with riders keeping fit through the winter months, any team that starts the season well with all riders fit tend to take advantage of other sluggish teams and pick up a few away points.

I believe it was only a couple of seasons ago Hans Anderson broke his ankle whilst out running.

Riding motorcross is a dangerous sport, but it does keep them bike fit and their reaction times good during the close season.

My comment was "tongue in cheek" (tic) of course it was to stay/improve fitness, blimey, they can't cotton ball themselves over winter, and motocross must be a good analogue to test/strengthen the arms, wrists, shoulders and legs, in fact, pretty much all the modern speedway riders body parts... Just one of those things. As long as it's not a complex break, 6 weeks and he'll be back on a bike....

• Like 1

always remember when damon hill wasno1 driver for williams part of his contract was that he was never permitted to ride a motor bike(his hobby) barca woulndt allow messi to take up free fall parachuting on his days off

No i bet Messi doesn't do anything at the end of the football season.Bet he don't do anything apart from being wrapped up in cotton wool.Feel sorry for his family as I bet they have to go on holiday on their own as if he went he might get the urge to jetski or something similar and hurt himself.

None of these have to live sheltered lives and most will take some kind of risk.

always remember when damon hill wasno1 driver for williams part of his contract was that he was never permitted to ride a motor bike(his hobby) barca woulndt allow messi to take up free fall parachuting on his days off

If there was the money in speedway to pay a decent wage all year round that may happen in our sport too. Unfortunately most riders have to work manual jobs, and will try other forms of motorsport in the winter to keep fit.