British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Surely Bjarne couldnt have been on the hit list, His average now must be way short of 8 plus, so cant see Buster would put together a team that far under the limit.

He was. Bjerre is on the list and his average is under 6!

As has already been pointed out, the points limit is probably too high for the riders available. We now have a Niels sized hole with no Niels to fill it.

Now Nicki has ruled himself out, only options I can see are Zengota (7.79), MJJ (6.54), Michelsen (5.67) or persuade a newcomer to come across such as Vaculik, Dudek or Przedpelski.

Can't see the likes of Woffinden, Hancock, Sayfutdinov or both the Pawlicki's rushing back to British speedway.

I reckon Zengota could come in to the mix but that would be a worry as he struggled once up into the heat leader spots and he'd be our No 1.

Edited by Speedball

As has already been pointed out, the points limit is probably too high for the riders available. We now have a Niels sized hole with no Niels to fill it.

Now Nicki has ruled himself out, only options I can see are Zengota (7.79), MJJ (6.54), Michelsen (5.67) or persuade a newcomer to come across such as Vaculik, Dudek or Przedpelski.

Can't see the likes of Woffinden, Hancock, Sayfutdinov or both the Pawlicki's rushing back to British speedway.

I reckon Zengota could come in to the mix but that would be a worry as he struggled once up into the heat leader spots and he'd be our No 1.

Didn't Nicki rule himself out before the race night was changed, perhaps it has been changed to fit in with his schedule.

I really cannot see where Bjerre would fit in. Yes points wise he would but EXCITING.....nah. Buster said exciting, that's what I'm pinning my hopes on cos I like the look of the team so far.

I know I'm not a regular but last season if NKI had a bit of an off night there was no one to take up the challenge once Rory was injured and score a shed load of points. Certainly Bjerre/Porsing never looked likely to. In 2016 we have a team full who can do just that on occasion. So if one of them has an off night, another might (just might) make up for it. Even Troy (who seemed to struggle under pressure at Swindle) might surprise us all amongst that lot.

I've always said I don't care about winning I just want to be entertained and the team so far is looking decidedly entertaining. Even if it's only throwing the occasional strop :P

Had forgotten about Larsen. Think he will be on 6.57 (from 2012 with Coventry).

The point I was trying to make though is that's it's high likely we will be well under the points limit and I imagine Leicester even more so.

There will be teams under the points limit because the limit is too high, that was obvious from the moment it was announced unfortunately.

Kenni Larsen would be an excellent signing.

• Like 1

Oh dear what have you done to deserve Mads. The management must really be scrapping the barrel. He started of really well for the Lions last year, then he just went into his shell, at times he would have been better not riding at all, it was pitiful to watch him race. Good luck I hope he does better than he did for the Lions and what I saw of him in the Swedish league. He was bad. Could not even manage to keep a reserve betrh there.

• Like 1

Didn't Nicki rule himself out before the race night was changed, perhaps it has been changed to fit in with his schedule.

Thought it was after but can't be sure. But with Sweden, Denmark, Poland, SGP and SEC I can't see him changing his mind.

I thought about him, he is one rider who I would love to see at Saddlebow... Throwing another name into the ring Hows about Linus Sundstrom ?

Sundstrom would be 7.22 (from Coventry in 2013). Has certainly done well at Lynn previously. Seem to remember him getting a maximum for Peterborough.

I really cannot see where Bjerre would fit in. Yes points wise he would but EXCITING.....nah. Buster said exciting, that's what I'm pinning my hopes on cos I like the look of the team so far.

I know I'm not a regular but last season if NKI had a bit of an off night there was no one to take up the challenge once Rory was injured and score a shed load of points. Certainly Bjerre/Porsing never looked likely to. In 2016 we have a team full who can do just that on occasion. So if one of them has an off night, another might (just might) make up for it. Even Troy (who seemed to struggle under pressure at Swindle) might surprise us all amongst that lot.

I've always said I don't care about winning I just want to be entertained and the team so far is looking decidedly entertaining. Even if it's only throwing the occasional strop :P

Agreed. Would much rather watch Mads and Robert than Bjerre and Porsing. Can't see either figuring in the 2016 team now.

Kenni Larsen would be an excellent signing.

Agreed mate

Larsen is 7.26; not 6.57

Sorry, you're right. Forgot about his spell with Peterborough in 2013.

Oh dear what have you done to deserve Mads. The management must really be scrapping the barrel. He started of really well for the Lions last year, then he just went into his shell, at times he would have been better not riding at all, it was pitiful to watch him race. Good luck I hope he does better than he did for the Lions and what I saw of him in the Swedish league. He was bad. Could not even manage to keep a reserve betrh there.

Think it's safe to say Mads will feel more at home at Lynn than Leicester. For a start Mads isn't the best gater in the world but isn't scared to mix it. Think it's pretty well documented most people's thoughts about the Leicester track. He's excellent at Lynn.

Plus Norrie Allen will never go down as the greatest motivator in the world. Still not forgiven him for his role in moving Mark Loram away from the Stars :mad::lol:

Had forgotten about Larsen. Think he will be on 6.57 (from 2012 with Coventry).

The point I was trying to make though is that's it's high likely we will be well under the points limit and I imagine Leicester even more so.

His average is 7.26 I think from his time with Peterborough

• Like 1

Mads will be much better for us than he was for Leicester, think the track and the atmosphere will suit him much more. Like Troy we know exactly what we are getting as both have spent time at the club before, there'll be no surprises or shocks.

Mads will be much better for us than he was for Leicester, think the track and the atmosphere will suit him much more. Like Troy we know exactly what we are getting as both have spent time at the club before, there'll be no surprises or shocks.

Especially when the track is wet... ;)

• Like 1