British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

I still do not know why King's Lynn have changed their race-night. Was this after NKI's announcement so have they approached another Dane who last rode here in 2012 for Peterborough and said he would consider an offer if you changed to Thursday because "ya know I can still ride in all the Danish meetings I want ya know and sometimes give me a day's break between Sweden and the UK ya know."

Finished with an average of 8.61, so if they want to retain Rory and Kenneth they wouldn't have been able to include Lewis Kerr as well. Replacement EDR Ashley Morris?

Anyone got any idea who is going to be announced tomorrow night. Hope it's not K Bjerre.

With him being on the heat leader list I cant see it being him.

I still do not know why King's Lynn have changed their race-night. Was this after NKI's announcement so have they approached another Dane who last rode here in 2012 for Peterborough and said he would consider an offer if you changed to Thursday because "ya know I can still ride in all the Danish meetings I want ya know and sometimes give me a day's break between Sweden and the UK ya know."

Finished with an average of 8.61, so if they want to retain Rory and Kenneth they wouldn't have been able to include Lewis Kerr as well. Replacement EDR Ashley Morris?

That would be 4 heat leaders.

Perhaps Lynn should put the needs of their assets first instead of messing them about.

This is all the fault of the promotion, not Kerr.

The need of the team strength as a whole comes before individuals. As already stated, both parties have done what is best for them and everyone is amicable, so why is there a need for any fault?

The need of the team strength as a whole comes before individuals. As already stated, both parties have done what is best for them and everyone is amicable, so why is there a need for any fault?

There shouldn't be. But blaming Kerr (as the quoted poster was) is just as unfair.

I thought Buster said he wanted 2016 to be exciting. Hardly an apt description of Bjerre

Last year, his form in Britain was not good, but he has provided some wonderful entertainment at Saddlebow Road before that. I remember it was only a few years ago when riding @ 1, he had to babysit Iversen a fair few times.

They did: "Kerr was informed that the management were considering a race night change before his move to the Witches."

and as he says himself he could not mess PL offers about and at the time he signed for the Witches K.Lynn did not know what their race night would be. Lewis's statement gives more detail of his predicament than that of the club as quoted by you which seems vague and indecisive. I think it is highly likely he would have lost the offer of a place at Ipswich had he waited until KL finally decided what they were doing and could well have struggled to find a PL place anywhere.

• Like 1

He is not quite right on that.

Basic contract law is that the 3 essential elements of a contract are offer, acceptance and consideration ( payment). Unless all three have happened there is no contract. So:-

1. KL offer Lewis a contract to ride for them in return for money.

2. Lewis accepts the offer.

3. Lewis changes his mind before he has ridden for them and no money has changed hands . We have offer and acceptance but no consideration therefore there is no contract.

Not correct. The fact that "no money has (yet) changed hands" is irrelevant; the contract remains valid.

Kings Lynn rode various nights nights last season, Not just on a Wednesday. Are you saying Kerr signed a contract to only ride home meeting for Lynn as long they were on a Wednesday ?

provided both parties have legal capacity, both intend to create a legal contract, and it isn't involving anything illegal, immoral or contrary to public interest, they can contract to whatever they like! So the contract could, if both parties agreed, stipulate that the rider only rode home meetings that took place on a Wednesday (or whatever day).

In practice such a contract would be unlikely though. It might contravene league rules anyway :-/

Edited by PE7Panther

Last year, his form in Britain was not good, but he has provided some wonderful entertainment at Saddlebow Road before that. I remember it was only a few years ago when riding @ 1, he had to babysit Iversen a fair few times.

You didn't watch how disappointing he was last year, and what about that race where he stopped Bomber passing, that was the last straw, however good you're riding if you're trying to get 8-1 you are aware!! That peed me off more than any other race last year cos it showed he didn't give a toss about the team and fans! Edited by Trees
  • Like 1