British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Spot on. He has made a business decision and is doing what is best for him and his family. So In May if Coventry( for example) have their number one Reserve out injured and offer kerr a tenner a point more than Lakeside are paying him he should take it and leave Lakeside for Coventry. Wouldnt you agree ?[/quote

No because Lakeside have not changed his terms so he would be breaking a contract - totally different.

A change in race night meaning a rider needs to leave and the BSF turns into a Contractual Law Forum!!

Kings Lynn (Promotion) have switched race night....they knew in doing this it would cause an issue with Lewis having already signed for Ipswich and so have done the right thing and let him go without making a fuss. Not ideal for their 2016 plans but they knew that when they switched.

If rider and Club have not fallen out over it I don't see why so much is made of it. Plenty of people reading between the lines and filling in the blanks where they don't need filling.

• Like 8

Is there anything in the rules, purely theoretically of course (and all in the best possible taste), to prevent R.Lambert from deciding to join the EDR pool at this stage and for KL to select him to replace Kerr?

"Some stuff I'm hearing about the Lynn situation is ridiculous.Kings Lynn didn't know what their plans were and I was in no position to mess premier league offers about after my accident. At the time I signed for Ipswich , kings Lynn did not know what their race night would be"

Lewis Kerr posted the above statement on his Twitter this morning

Edited by Pob
  • Like 2

terms have changed (race night) - original effectively voided.

Offer of revised terms not accepted....

No break of contract.

Kings Lynn rode various nights nights last season, Not just on a Wednesday. Are you saying Kerr signed a contract to only ride home meeting for Lynn as long they were on a Wednesday ?

But wouldnt he have a contract with Kings Lynn that he has had to break so he could ride for Ipswich ?

Maybe it was agreed if Lynn do change race nights he will be let go, you would have to ask your owner that, no one knows what was agreed. How anyone can have a pop at someone for wanting to earn more money for him and his family is beyond me though.

In light of the lack of team announcements, people are making more of the Kerr situation than what there actually is just for something to talk about, just to fill time.

Hopefully the new rider announcement tomorrow will make people move on...

Exactly, all this discussion on here trying to blame one party or the other is probably all a load of tosh. As far as we know from what has been said, all parties seem to have been aware of the situation and I suspect it's been an amicable move all round, albeit disappointing from a Star management and supporters point of view...even Lewis may be disappointed the way this has eventually panned out. What's happened, has happened...time for us all to move on.

Roll on 7.45 tomorrow - assume that's a.m. not p.m. ?

P.S. Just for clarity a.m. and p.m. are NOT riders initials :-)

Exactly, all this discussion on here trying to blame one party or the other is probably all a load of tosh. As far as we know from what has been said, all parties seem to have been aware of the situation and I suspect it's been an amicable move all round, albeit disappointing from a Star management and supporters point of view...even Lewis may be disappointed the way this has eventually panned out. What's happened, has happened...time for us all to move on.

Roll on 7.45 tomorrow - assume that's a.m. not p.m. ?

P.S. Just for clarity a.m. and p.m. are NOT riders initials :-)

.....and just for clarification, 7.45 is not the rider's average either!!! :D

Kings Lynn rode various nights nights last season, Not just on a Wednesday. Are you saying Kerr signed a contract to only ride home meeting for Lynn as long they were on a Wednesday ?

He is not quite right on that.

Basic contract law is that the 3 essential elements of a contract are offer, acceptance and consideration ( payment). Unless all three have happened there is no contract. So:-

1. KL offer Lewis a contract to ride for them in return for money.

2. Lewis accepts the offer.

3. Lewis changes his mind before he has ridden for them and no money has changed hands . We have offer and acceptance but no consideration therefore there is no contract.

Well hopefully lakeside or Ipswich will buy Kerr now, as he obviously does not put Kingslynn first so jog on, plenty of riders want to ride for Lynn

Like most sportsmen, Lewis Kerr will put himself and his family first, and rightly so. Kings Lynn Speedway is not the centre of the Universe.. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

"Some stuff I'm hearing about the Lynn situation is ridiculous.Kings Lynn didn't know what their plans were and I was in no position to mess [/size]premier league offers about after my accident. At the time I signed for Ipswich , kings Lynn did not know what their race night would be"[/size]

Lewis Kerr posted the above statement on his Twitter this morning

Well done to Lewis for clearing the matter up with what happened - something the Club should really have done straight away to keep their fans up to date with the situation. COMMUNICATION is all it takes.

• Like 1

7.45 is a bit of a random time for the morning!!

Believe it's to be in the evening.

They put a press release out saying rider's will be announced on our new race day of Thursday instead of the fans meeting. 7.45 is our tapes-up time

Well done to Lewis for clearing the matter up with what happened - something the Club should really have done straight away to keep their fans up to date with the situation. COMMUNICATION is all it takes.

They did: "Kerr was informed that the management were considering a race night change before his move to the Witches."

Well hopefully lakeside or Ipswich will buy Kerr now, as he obviously does not put Kingslynn first so jog on, plenty of riders want to ride for Lynn

He's putting himself first, as he should. Speedway riders are essentially self employed and he has done what is best for himself. I would suggest Lynn knew the risk of hanging on for Puk and therefore possibly losing Lewis, hence the amicable parting of the ways.

If that has cleared things up then they were anyway as there is nothing in there we didn't already know.

Perhaps Lynn should put the needs of their assets first instead of messing them about.

This is all the fault of the promotion, not Kerr.

• Like 3