British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

As I've said, why apportion any blame at all? Its just one of those things, both parties have done what they believe to be right for themselves and everyone moves on with seemingly no hard feelings. The only ones getting their knickers in a twist are one or two people on here.

• Like 2

As I've said, why apportion any blame at all? Its just one of those things, both parties have done what they believe to be right for themselves and everyone moves on with seemingly no hard feelings. The only ones getting their knickers in a twist are one or two people on here.

time will tell but this could be the best move of the winter everyone presumes Kerr will carry on where he left of prior to his near life ending crash he may well do just that and score many points for Ipswich and Lakeside on the other hand it may not take him long to realise it's not going to happen for him and who could blame him he's a young family now as well to think about . I just hope not too much pressure is put on him too soon confidence needs to be built again first - I wish Lewis well but unlike others I doubt he will return to ride for the Stars again .
  • Like 1

Excellent. So Lynn don't blame Lewis, Lewis doesn't blame Lynn, Lynn don't blame Lakeside or Ipswich, Lakeside and Ipswich have nobody to blame anything on and everyone is happy. Glad we cleared that one up.

Well I blame NKI :P . If he had pulled his finger out and made a decision earlier none of this blame game would have happened.

I am only half joking.

Excellent. So Lynn don't blame Lewis, Lewis doesn't blame Lynn, Lynn don't blame Lakeside or Ipswich, Lakeside and Ipswich have nobody to blame anything on and everyone is happy. Glad we cleared that one up.

I dont think its about playing the blame game, But I can see why some fans would be a little p1ssed with what has happened. Lewis Kerr is a Lynn asset, It was Lynn who dont the gamble on him and gave him his first opportunity in Speedway and helped develop him on as a rider. He was announced as part of the 2016 team, another sign of good faith by his parent club. A loan deal is then agreed with a local team, and lets be fair here, there is little love lost between the 2 Clubs. So when he faced with the straight choice of having to pick one club over the another he opts for a club he has never ridden for or has any allegiance to ( as far as im aware) at the expense of his local club.

On a personal level I really dont care where or who riders ride for. At The end of the day it is a Business to them, while it is an entetainment/Sport for the supporters/fans. Just some fans might find Kerr's decesion a strange one, to say the least.

• Like 1

I dont think its about playing the blame game, But I can see why some fans would be a little p1ssed with what has happened. Lewis Kerr is a Lynn asset, It was Lynn who dont the gamble on him and gave him his first opportunity in Speedway and helped develop him on as a rider. He was announced as part of the 2016 team, another sign of good faith by his parent club. A loan deal is then agreed with a local team, and lets be fair here, there is little love lost between the 2 Clubs. So when he faced with the straight choice of having to pick one club over the another he opts for a club he has never ridden for or has any allegiance to ( as far as im aware) at the expense of his local club.

On a personal level I really dont care where or who riders ride for. At The end of the day it is a Business to them, while it is an entetainment/Sport for the supporters/fans. Just some fans might find Kerr's decesion a strange one, to say the least.

My sentiments exactly...........

No doubt Lewis earns more money racing in the PL so he had to secure a place, obviously having a local home club suits his life style this year in particular.

Hopefully things will turn out OK for us ....

I have no idea what the pay rates of a Premier League Second string are like compared to an Elite League Reserve. However with the option now in the Elite league where a Reserve can now moved up into the main body of the team, I would not have been surprised to see Kerr make that jump. So on that basis by your reckoning a Premier League 2nd string is on a higher rate than an Elite League 2nd string. It may well be the case for all I know.

If, as you suggest it is purely a business decision then It just confirms what I was saying about how riders treat Speedway as a business, and stuff the fans. Yet Fans are expected to be loyal to riders. Seems a rather one way street to me. Its the the equivalent to all this badge kissing we get from Footballers week in week out, but as soon as a few quid extra is on the table they are offski. They really must think fans are some kind of mugs.

So he's supposed to wait around until Kings Lynn decide what night they want to race when there possibly could not be any premier clubs left to fit him in? He's a young man with a family to support how dare he put them first.

Spot on. He has made a business decision and is doing what is best for him and his family. So In May if Coventry( for example) have their number one Reserve out injured and offer kerr a tenner a point more than Lakeside are paying him he should take it and leave Lakeside for Coventry. Wouldnt you agree ?

I have no idea what the pay rates of a Premier League Second string are like compared to an Elite League Reserve. However with the option now in the Elite league where a Reserve can now moved up into the main body of the team, I would not have been surprised to see Kerr make that jump. So on that basis by your reckoning a Premier League 2nd string is on a higher rate than an Elite League 2nd string. It may well be the case for all I know.

If, as you suggest it is purely a business decision then It just confirms what I was saying about how riders treat Speedway as a business, and stuff the fans. Yet Fans are expected to be loyal to riders. Seems a rather one way street to me. Its the the equivalent to all this badge kissing we get from Footballers week in week out, but as soon as a few quid extra is on the table they are offski. They really must think fans are some kind of mugs.

PL heat leader not second string and the prospect of no place at all if he stays at Lynn.

EL draft fixed pay rates which may not increase if a rider rises to a 1-5 position.

Ipswich I would expect to be at the upper end in terms of PL payers.

Convenient local home bases in both leagues.

Lots of boxes ticked for Lewis to back his decision as the right one.

Agree with GB generally far to much being read into the situation. It all seems very amicable to me.

• Like 2

Spot on. He has made a business decision and is doing what is best for him and his family. So In May if Coventry( for example) have their number one Reserve out injured and offer kerr a tenner a point more than Lakeside are paying him he should take it and leave Lakeside for Coventry. Wouldnt you agree ?

That won't happen will it as Iam sure he signs a contract like in any sport. He nearly died last year so good on him for doing what's best for him and his family like all of us do.

But wouldnt he have a contract with Kings Lynn that he has had to break so he could ride for Ipswich ?

terms have changed (race night) - original effectively voided.

Offer of revised terms not accepted....

No break of contract.

• Like 2