British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

This is a massive long shot but going to put it anway...

A few seasons ago when we didn't really have a clue who we were going to sign I had a look at Jonathan Chapmans twitter to see who he had just started following that recent week, one of them was Maciej Janowski which was strange at the time as we had no real link to him, and guess what, he signed.

Just done the same with Rob Lyon, recently he's followed 3 riders, Martin Vaculik, Bjarne Pedersen and Mikkel Michelsen. Could these be the 3 to fill our top 5 with Rory not returning in 2016?

As I said it's a long shot BUT, Michelsen signalled the other day he's signed a contract with someone, Vaculik was interested in riding in the UK although people are saying it was just for Poole on a short term deal, and Bjarne has been linked aswell.

1. Martin Vaculik 8.00

2. Mikkel Michelsen 5.67

3. Bjarne Pedersen 6.55

4. Robert Lambert 6.59

5. Troy Batchelor 6.91

6. ???

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

Leaves 3.78 for the other reserve, someone like Roynon.

Now that looks a fairly handy team in my opinion, let's see if it's anything close :P

And now Dudek :P

• Like 1

I think Kennett was transferred to Rye House after Lakeside signed him so Lakeside still had priority as he was a Coventry asset at the time he was announced in the line up.

That's sort of right but not entirely correct.

The situation was explained either in the Lakeside programme or on the website at the time. The situation was that, as you say ,Edward was signed when he was a Coventry asset which would have given Lakeside priority, and fixtures arranged by Lakeside on that basis. Then out of the blue Jason Garrity said he did not want to for Rye House and eventually that led to Garrity and Kennet being swapped, which had not been expected, this in turn meant Rye House technically having priority but if would mean fixtures clashes that in turn would lead to the rider losing money. Therefore to accommodate the interests of both clubs and the rider it was agreed that Lakeside would have prority for their home meetings and Rye House would have priority when Lakeside were riding away. It was amicable co-operation between clubs and rider and Ed did a pretty decent job for both clubs.

This is not unique. In 2014 Lakeside technically had first call over Ipswich on Adam Ellis but Adam was going through a difficult spell and there were fixture clashes when he was allowed to ride for Ippo in preference to Lakeside where the PL pressure was a bit less

They are just examples of clubs co-operating in the riders interests.

I understand that fixtures are being arranged differently next year to keep fixture clashes to a minimum. Whether it actually works out remains to be seen but at least the intention is there.

Edited by Daytripper

and all this could be avoided if EL move to fixed race nights (Thurs/Fri?) and PL avoided those days. May a cause a bit of pain to start with, but long term would be for the benefit of the sport. But when did the 'promoters 'ever do anything for the long term future of our sport?

and all this could be avoided if EL move to fixed race nights (Thurs/Fri?) and PL avoided those days. May a cause a bit of pain to start with, but long term would be for the benefit of the sport. But when did the 'promoters 'ever do anything for the long term future of our sport?

But we all love those Black and White helmet covers, they will save the day...

• Like 2

This is a massive long shot but going to put it anway...

A few seasons ago when we didn't really have a clue who we were going to sign I had a look at Jonathan Chapmans twitter to see who he had just started following that recent week, one of them was Maciej Janowski which was strange at the time as we had no real link to him, and guess what, he signed.

Just done the same with Rob Lyon, recently he's followed 3 riders, Martin Vaculik, Bjarne Pedersen and Mikkel Michelsen. Could these be the 3 to fill our top 5 with Rory not returning in 2016?

As I said it's a long shot BUT, Michelsen signalled the other day he's signed a contract with someone, Vaculik was interested in riding in the UK although people are saying it was just for Poole on a short term deal, and Bjarne has been linked aswell.

1. Martin Vaculik 8.00

2. Mikkel Michelsen 5.67

3. Bjarne Pedersen 6.55

4. Robert Lambert 6.59

5. Troy Batchelor 6.91

6. ???

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

Leaves 3.78 for the other reserve, someone like Roynon.

Now that looks a fairly handy team in my opinion, let's see if it's anything close :P

Maybe Blackbird for the reserve spot who knows.

Trees, although the rules state that Lakeside should get preference, Edward Kennet & Lewis Blackbird both went against this rule last season.

The rules are that the team that he is an asset of take preference................if a rider does not ride for the team he is an asset of then the league of the club he is an asset of take precedence......................so for example.............Josh Grajczonek is a Poole asset................rides for Swindon and Somerset so Swindon take priority................

RP

Don't think that was inferred however.

Excellent. So Lynn don't blame Lewis, Lewis doesn't blame Lynn, Lynn don't blame Lakeside or Ipswich, Lakeside and Ipswich have nobody to blame anything on and everyone is happy. Glad we cleared that one up.

• Like 1

Excellent. So Lynn don't blame Lewis, Lewis doesn't blame Lynn, Lynn don't blame Lakeside or Ipswich, Lakeside and Ipswich have nobody to blame anything on and everyone is happy. Glad we cleared that one up.

Doubt it's cleared up as some will think there is a conspiracy.

theres your problem, i tend to ignore whatever he posts to be fair.

And you likewise, having problems remembering any of your constructive comments..

So nobody within the club then.

No nobody of importance , exactly the same as you, .. Just a supporter with an opinion. Our views very often differs, but whose to say what's right and what's wrong.

Regardless of who I support, my opinion is governed by no one, I speak as I feel. Fend or please it makes no difference. so whether I'm outnumbered 100 to 1 My opinion is just that......

Everyone on here is blowing sunshine up Kerr's bum, thinking he's done no wrong... blaming everything onto Buster and the Lynn management. But had this had happened to Newman and Poole, the Forum would have gone into melt down, saying how unjust the draft selection is. To me Kerr is as much to blame for the situation as Buster....

Probably, Buster had to change nights to get a team ??

Probably, Kerr told Buster he didn't want to ride??

Probably, Kerr didn't say he wanted to ride for someone else??

Probably, Kerr didn't want to be protected ???

Probably, Buster assumed as an asset, he could rely on Kerr to ride??

Probably, The Draft is just a free for all??

Probably, the whole scenario was just a ploy to wreck the Draft system??

The one answer to all those queries, is communication. and we all know, that's not one of Speedway attributes.

Lynn Stars must rank as one of the worse in the league for that.........