British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Is it just me, or does Lewis Kerr's tweet thanking Lynn and the fans for "the start of my career", sound like a permanent thanks and goodbye?

Maybe I'm reading far too much in to that.

Maybe he's been sold? Could be that Buster is a bit miffed at Kerr choosing Ipswich and has made Louis cough up for his contract..

Probably not though.

I agree,think there is more to this than just changing in readiness for 1 night racing and the Danish league.Buster can change his race nights to suit like he did last year.It could be anyone who rides in the Danish league or maybe who don't.Maybe someone wants Tuesday,Thursday Sunday racing.Sayfutdinov please :t: and Kildemand will do just fine :approve:

No chance on Kildemand as he would've been at Swindon if he wanted to ride in Britain.

I find the change of race night somewhat puzzling. Lynn obviously thought NKI was likely to return and even last season rode on Thurs to accommodate his Danish commitments so a simple change to Thurs would seem to have been logical weeks ago. I have a feeling there is far more go this than we know so far. To be honest the only Danes all this kerfuffle would justify is Nicki (sadly not to be) or Kildemand. I'm just wondering if it's all for a non Dane who has already signed for a Danish club.

Or maybe I'm dreaming again

Seems very unlikely.

The top non-Danes riding regularly in the DSL this year were Karpov, North, Kylmakorpi, Lahti and Lampart.

Wouldn't be Karpov as Holstebro ride all their home matches on Fridays (and in 2015 he was riding in the Allsvenskan on Thursdays).

Not to excited about Batchelor signing. He will have to get some big scores to win my support. This is the same Batchelor that was fined at Kings Lynn for abusing the Stars fans a couple of seasons ago.

I wouldn't take it personally, it's the same Batchelor that's moaned about everything and anything to do with speedway

• Like 1

Not to excited about Batchelor signing. He will have to get some big scores to win my support. This is the same Batchelor that was fined at Kings Lynn for abusing the Stars fans a couple of seasons ago.

I'm happy if he is our 3rd heat leader.

I'll run the stats off when I'm back in work tomorrow of ever riders average as a heat leader and I think you'll be surprised how high up the list Robert is!

As promised.... What each rider averaged riding as a heat leader in 2015. As you can see, Robert is 11th of those riding in the EL this season. if the BSPA are going to make Danny King a heat leader....

1 Darcy Ward - 9.28

2 Jason Doyle - 9.13

3 Maciej Janowski - 8.86

4 Niels K Iversen - 8.86

5 Peter Kildemand - 8.40

6 Andreas Jonsson - 7.84

7 Matej Zagar - 7.60

8 Rory Schlein - 7.48

9 Chris Harris - 7.29

10 Chris Holder - 7.18

11 Craig Cook - 7.04

12 Scott Nicholls - 6.86

13 Troy Batchelor - 6.76

14 Nick Morris - 6.57

15 Robert Lambert - 6.46

16 Fredrik Lindgren - 6.45

17 Hans Andersen - 6.42

18 Richard Lawson - 6.17

19 Joonas Kylmakorpi - 6.04

20 Grzegorz Walasek - 5.97

21 Mikkel B Jensen - 5.93

22 Edward Kennett - 5.92

23 Dakota North - 5.74

24 Peter Karlsson - 5.68

25 Kenneth Bjerre - 5.67

26 Danny King - 5.47

27 Davey Watt - 5.37

28 Ricky Wells - 5.31

29 Grzegorz Zengota - 5.26

30 Kim Nilsson - 5.11

Edited by SCB

Another signing announced this week according to Twitter.

The list above makes pretty grim reading though perhaps shows how underestimated Rory is by some.

For the final 3 main team places I guess perm 3 from Schlein, Bjerre, Porsing, Zengota, Korneliussen, PK, Pedersen and Michelsen.

Edit: Forgot about MJJ

My choices would be Rory, Mads and Michelsen but with a question mark over Rory's fitness I wonder if it will be Bjerre instead?

Nurse.....

Edited by Speedball

As promised.... What each rider averaged riding as a heat leader in 2015. As you can see, Robert is 11th of those riding in the EL this season. if the BSPA are going to make Danny King a heat leader....

As you are no doubt aware, you can make lists out to show whatever.. and like you say those figures are attained from HL positions only. It doesn't show how many or how few meetings the averages were achieved. Obviously the top riders are taking all their rides into consideration whereas someone like Lambert only rode a few.

The list you did a couple months back, with loadings calculated into each rider score, is a far fairer indication of the riders ability.... What a pity the BSPA didn't take on those figures and do away with the present format and the secret HL lists.......

This is a massive long shot but going to put it anway...

A few seasons ago when we didn't really have a clue who we were going to sign I had a look at Jonathan Chapmans twitter to see who he had just started following that recent week, one of them was Maciej Janowski which was strange at the time as we had no real link to him, and guess what, he signed.

Just done the same with Rob Lyon, recently he's followed 3 riders, Martin Vaculik, Bjarne Pedersen and Mikkel Michelsen. Could these be the 3 to fill our top 5 with Rory not returning in 2016?

As I said it's a long shot BUT, Michelsen signalled the other day he's signed a contract with someone, Vaculik was interested in riding in the UK although people are saying it was just for Poole on a short term deal, and Bjarne has been linked aswell.

1. Martin Vaculik 8.00

2. Mikkel Michelsen 5.67

3. Bjarne Pedersen 6.55

4. Robert Lambert 6.59

5. Troy Batchelor 6.91

6. ???

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

Leaves 3.78 for the other reserve, someone like Roynon.

Now that looks a fairly handy team in my opinion, let's see if it's anything close :P