British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Just looking at the averages from last season he was about 20th with that 6.46.Below the likes of Batchelor,Morris,Kildemand,Zagar,Cook,Nicholls,Harris,Kylmakorpi,King,Zengota and more according to the BSPA end of season averages.

King averaged a lot less than 6 and Kylmakorpi only just over 6, Zengota was about 5.5. So he averaged more as a heat leader than all 3 of them. Nicholls only got 5.9 as a heat leader too and it was his good couple of meeting as a second string and he fact averages are taken from 20 meetings and. It a whole season that left his rolling average higher. So of those you list Morris (possibly), Kildemand, Zagar and Harris averages more riding as heat leaders. Holder, Doyle and Puk did too but you won't find many more.

I'll run the stats off when I'm back in work tomorrow of ever riders average as a heat leader and I think you'll be surprised how high up the list Robert is!

Edited by SCB

As Lewis Kerr is a Kings Lynn asset how is it that he is leaving Lynn so as to stay with the Premier League Club he has joined on loan ? After all if there was a fixture clash between Lynn and Ipswich then the Stars fixture would take presidence. Why on earth would Buster allow this to happen if he didn't want it to. Maybe more to this than meets the eye.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

King averaged a lot less than 6 and Kylmakorpi only just over 6, Zengota was about 5.5. So he averaged more as a heat leader than all 3 of them. Nicholls only got 5.9 as a heat leader too and it was his good couple of meeting as a second string and he fact averages are taken from 20 meetings and. It a whole season that left his rolling average higher. So of those you list Morris (possibly), Kildemand, Zagar and Harris averages more riding as heat leaders. Holder, Doyle and Puk did too but you won't find many more.

I'll run the stats off when I'm back in work tomorrow of ever riders average as a heat leader and I think you'll be surprised how high up the list Robert is!

Bloody hell I wish I had as much time spare time as you do at work :wink: .

To be quite frank anyway don't think Lambert should be as HL regardless of what his average is.We should be helping and nurturing our youngsters to become bigger and better riders.Is it Poland where the under 21 riders stay at reserve for their respective teams and that seems to be helping them.Here we seem to make it harder for the Brits and easier for foreigners to get suitable team places.

As Lewis Kerr is a Kings Lynn asset how is it that he is leaving Lynn so as to stay with the Premier League Club he has joined on loan ? After is there was a fixture clash between Lynn and Ipswich then the Stars fixture would take presidence. Why on earth would Buster allow this to happen if he didn't want it to. Maybe more to this than meets the eye.

You have to take in account the wishes of the rider. From his twitter, it seems he really wants to ride for Ipswich.

There are two scenarios here. Either Kerr jibbed off Lynn and chose to stay with Ipswich, or Buster has accepted that it's unfair on both Ipswich and Kerr and has reluctantly released the rider.

There's really no love lost between Buster and Ipswich so I'd think the second scenario is unlikely, but I could be wrong.

Bloody hell I wish I had as much time spare time as you do at work :wink: .

To be quite frank anyway don't think Lambert should be as HL regardless of what his average is.We should be helping and nurturing our youngsters to become bigger and better riders.Is it Poland where the under 21 riders stay at reserve for their respective teams and that seems to be helping them.Here we seem to make it harder for the Brits and easier for foreigners to get suitable team places.

No comment on the work thing :D

As for Lambert, I'd make him a second string. I'm playing devils advocate really. But I would be a little perplexed if King is a heat leader and Lambert is not! As any criteria than make Lambert a second string makes King one.

At least it's nice to be arguing over how good a 17 year old British rider is, not how bad for once :D

Two things:

Firstly, IF Ben Barker ends up on the draft list then I truly give up.

Can't see how they could just add a rider now who would have been picked first by most teams.

It makes a mockery of the whole system.

Kings Lynn can change their race night if they so wish but the BSPA can't make a mockery of the rules to suit and accommodate their needs.

If moving their race night has messed up there situation is reserve then that's there problem and there are others riders still on the list not yet picked. It's simply not fair to add a much better rider to just suit one club and would be scandalous if that's what happens.

Seems odd that Kings Lynn didn't just change there race night at the AGM!

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2

You have to take in account the wishes of the rider. From his twitter, it seems he really wants to ride for Ipswich.

There are two scenarios here. Either Kerr jibbed off Lynn and chose to stay with Ipswich, or Buster has accepted that it's unfair on both Ipswich and Kerr and has reluctantly released the rider.

There's really no love lost between Buster and Ipswich so I'd think the second scenario is unlikely, but I could be wrong.

Seems a strange one that Buster would just wave him on his way and have his team plans turned upside down, unless it was something he wasn't unhappy about. Can't be a money thing as I would suggest he would be earning more as A Reserve in the Elite League than as a 2nd string in what looks like a team that will struggle in the Premier League.

Be interesting to see who is lined up to replace him at Lynn

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

I find the change of race night somewhat puzzling. Lynn obviously thought NKI was likely to return and even last season rode on Thurs to accommodate his Danish commitments so a simple change to Thurs would seem to have been logical weeks ago. I have a feeling there is far more go this than we know so far. To be honest the only Danes all this kerfuffle would justify is Nicki (sadly not to be) or Kildemand. I'm just wondering if it's all for a non Dane who has already signed for a Danish club.

Or maybe I'm dreaming again

I find the change of race night somewhat puzzling. Lynn obviously thought NKI was likely to return and even last season rode on Thurs to accommodate his Danish commitments so a simple change to Thurs would seem to have been logical weeks ago. I have a feeling there is far more go this than we know so far. To be honest the only Danes all this kerfuffle would justify is Nicki (sadly not to be) or Kildemand. I'm just wondering if it's all for a non Dane who has already signed for a Danish club.

Or maybe I'm dreaming again

I agree,think there is more to this than just changing in readiness for 1 night racing and the Danish league.Buster can change his race nights to suit like he did last year.It could be anyone who rides in the Danish league or maybe who don't.Maybe someone wants Tuesday,Thursday Sunday racing.Sayfutdinov please :t: and Kildemand will do just fine :approve:

Me reading the announcement on the website, it appears Kerr, having been named as a protected Draft Rider of Tier 1 for the Stars, was made aware that Lynn were planning to change race night to Thursday's before he actually signed for Ipswich. To continue with that signing, to me that's him choosing Ipswich as his main aim in 2016. No doubt, him wanting to hold Kings hand in the Sponsor deal they both share.

Am assured Buster would not have wanted to lose a prime asset, but this is Kerr's choice.......

Taking it on face value, Buster is driving the fixed race night and moving to one of those fixed nights make sense to convince the others. I personally don't mind, quite a few of our fixtures were on Thursday's this year so it doesn't make much difference.

It's a big blow to lose Lewi, he has a bright future but it sounds like he was set on racing in the Premier League. Perhaps he wanted a move away from Lynn or his race team (Evolution) wanted him at Ipswich with Danny King, who I believe is part of the same team. I really hope he will be back in 2017, Coventry look the best option for him if the King link up is what they want.