British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

He was bottling big races and giving up in races long before Darcy's awful accident so that's not an excuse IMO.

Well, considering he finished with a 6.91 CMA and bottled all those races, he must be pretty special. :wink: .

I like to remember the SGP when he put 6 race wins together and was only beaten by Niels in the final. Now that the positives that I like to remember.... :rofl:

I'm sure he'll do really well at AFA... .. Easily a top 12 performer.... :D

Well, considering he finished with a 6.91 CMA and bottled all those races, he must be pretty special. :wink: .

I like to remember the SGP when he put 6 race wins together and was only beaten by Niels in the final. Now that the positives that I like to remember.... :rofl:

I'm sure he'll do really well at AFA... .. Easily a top 12 performer.... :D

About as good as Bjerre who was an SGP rider for much longer - you are welcome to him if you think he is special. Edited by Steve0

Batchelor confirmed. Also confirmation of race night change to Thurdays AND Kerr out of the team...

Also says Batchelor fills one of the heat leader roles, which emplies Lambert isn't a heat leader you'd think.

http://www.kingslynnstars.co/2015/12/06/stars-sign-aussie-international-batchelor/

Edited by speedy17

Just a thought, could Ben Barker get the reserve spot?

Noone seems to know who was and who wasn't on the reserve list, so who knows! I suspect this may be one of the reasons why the draft was done furtively.

I am sure there are other options out there, as Jon Cook mentioned of a 'Plan B' if Blackbird didn't return.

Despite what others say, I think Batchelor is a fine signing, and always performed well at King's Lynn - even when it was wet!

Underwhelmed by Batchelor but Rob and hopefully Rory can get the best out of him. At his best he's terrific, he just doesn't do his best very often. I'm not too fussed about Kerr going, new baby, coming ba ck after big crash could affect his form certainly in first half of the season. If we could wangle Barker at reserve I'd love it. But I'd prefer him to Porsing or Bjerre, anyone but Bjerre would ge my approval

Edited by Star Lady

It's just getting worse for the Stars.

No idea why they signed Kerr if the plan was to switch to Thursday , seems total madness.

However at least we know that the EL is likely to fall in line with the rest of Europe and try ensure we give the top boys what they want. Hopefully it's a sign the EL is starting to recover and bring strength back to it.

If it means we have to change our speedway habits so be it.

It's just getting worse for the Stars.

No idea why they signed Kerr if the plan was to switch to Thursday , seems total madness.

However at least we know that the EL is likely to fall in line with the rest of Europe and try ensure we give the top boys what they want. Hopefully it's a sign the EL is starting to recover and bring strength back to it.

If it means we have to change our speedway habits so be it.

If you read the Batchelor story properly you will see Lynn informed Kerr that the race night could change before he signed for Ipswich.

Also reading the press release I wouldn't be surprised if a Dane or two were announced for 2016.

Edited by tellboy

If you read the Batchelor story properly you will see Lynn informed Kerr that the race night could change before he signed for Ipswich.

Also reading the press release I wouldn't be surprised if a Dane or two were announced for 2016.

I read it properly. I'm surprised that Lynn picked Kerr given they were considering a change of night. Unless of course they weren't expecting him to sign for a Thursday track.

It seems the likely other Danes are someone like Bjarne, mads or Michelsen with only the latter being anywhere near worth being happy about.

Batchelor and Bjerre together. Let's see who can out-whinge the other. KL best hope for a dry Summer with those two in the team!!

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 3