British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

What is the fascination with Rory? Let's be honest he hasn't exactly been great for Lynn

As much as I agree with what you say, we could lay that thought against most riders of late, even Niels.,!! But with Rory you get so much more than just a rider. He is the motivation, he is the generator of team spirit, he is the captain that the riders look to... Rory is so important for Lynn to do well. You only have to look back to last year, without him we were rubbish. When he came to spectate, that alone was enough to put a spring in the steps......

not about being nice you don't win league titles being nice you have to be ruthless if anything last season is a prime example we was too NICE should have made changes and didn't and it cost us - all I'm saying about a team that includes Lewis and Rory is a massive risk I've said that all along - if changing races nights means the club gets a stronger team then so be it i- as for Lewis ditch the Witches or the Stars will have no option but to ditch the rider .

I agree with you to a point, but you don't have to ride rough-shod over riders to create a winning team. Loyalty is very important and works two ways. If we have to switch race night to accommodate a star rider then so be it, no problems with that, but to lose a prize asset like Kerr, off sets the advantage we would gain. So Buster has to think long and hard to find an answer to enable to keep everyone happy. Looking long term, Kerr has many years to go and will prove a valuable asset in the years ahead. To jeopardise that just to bring in a star rider for a season, has to be questioned. But , if Kerr is holding Buster to ransom then any loyalty is already lost.....

As much as I agree with what you say, we could lay that thought against most riders of late, even Niels.,!! But with Rory you get so much more than just a rider. He is the motivation, he is the generator of team spirit, he is the captain that the riders look to... Rory is so important for Lynn to do well. You only have to look back to last year, without him we were rubbish. When he came to spectate, that alone was enough to put a spring in the steps......

I agree with you to a point, but you don't have to ride rough-shod over riders to create a winning team. Loyalty is very important and works two ways. If we have to switch race night to accommodate a star rider then so be it, no problems with that, but to lose a prize asset like Kerr, off sets the advantage we would gain. So Buster has to think long and hard to find an answer to enable to keep everyone happy. Looking long term, Kerr has many years to go and will prove a valuable asset in the years ahead. To jeopardise that just to bring in a star rider for a season, has to be questioned. But , if Kerr is holding Buster to ransom then any loyalty is already lost.....

everyone seems to forget Kerr almost died in the crash at Pboro- Rory all but ended up in a wheel chair in his crash in Poland if anyone thinks these riders will come back and carry on were they left off last season I think you will be disappointed they will need time to get confidence back at least - they may never get back to were they was - i ve said this since the season ended I'd go with one but not both .
  • Like 1

Commiserations if it's MJJ. The most overrated rider in the modern era who gas done nothing in the EL to warrant much praise.

I really hope for the stars fans , and the EL, it's dirty Nicki.

Oh you're funny :D the only person over rating MJJ is you so you can when he's not great. MJJ has put his average up every season he raced EL.

These Nicki Pedersen rumours seem to surface every year, and like every other year I'm afraid they are pie in the sky IMO, although I'd happily be proved wrong.

As for Lewis Kerr then if those rumours are true and we are swapping our race night then as disappointed as I'd be to see him have to race elsewhere in the EL it only seems right to me that Ipswich (and Lewis himself in PL terms) don't get penalised.

No idea how many points it would leave for the mystery man but I would speculate that the other six will be Lambert, Schlein, Batchelor, Bjerre, Rose and Kerr/Roynon.

These Nicki Pedersen rumours seem to surface every year, and like every other year I'm afraid they are pie in the sky IMO, although I'd happily be proved wrong.

As for Lewis Kerr then if those rumours are true and we are swapping our race night then as disappointed as I'd be to see him have to race elsewhere in the EL it only seems right to me that Ipswich (and Lewis himself in PL terms) don't get penalised.

No idea how many points it would leave for the mystery man but I would speculate that the other six will be Lambert, Schlein, Batchelor, Bjerre, Rose and Kerr/Roynon.

A few Bs in that team!

As a sort of neutral who attends KL irregularly I'm fascinated by the Pedersen and race night change rumours

Although the handful that discuss KL matters on here seem in the main fine with a race night change in order to facilitate the return of Pedersen surely before such a bold move the promotion would have some interaction with the supporters to ensure that a change of race night wouldn't effect the crowd substantially as unless there is a sponsor on board to pay, they will need everyone they can get through the gate with Pedersen's likely pay demands.

Personally with the EL possibly at its weakest (Top rider wise) I would think young riders on the up would be more likely on Busters radar? Maybe a young Pole or two, Anders Thomsen maybe or the like, its looks a good time to try and tie up some young talent as unless the unlikely change to one race night for all in the EL occurs I can't see GP riders of real quality returning in the foreseeable future