British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

But his level of consistency has dropped quite a bit!

On the plus side he should be a second string.

No, looking at his stats he was as consistent last year as he was the year before and the year before. Not as good maybe but certainly consistent.

So the problem is...

If a team doesn't have an out and out number 1, how can they build a team close to the points limit or as competitive as a team with an out and out number 1 without picking more than 3 supposed heat leaders?

Farcical.

• Like 1

I hope the Stars don't even consider Bjarne Pedersen. He isn't good enough for the Elite League.

Seriously? He's plenty good enough for the EL. Maybe not quite the rider he once was, and probably not an outright #1 anymore, but a solid heat leader in a slightly weakened EL on a 6.55 average.

KL can still put a strong side, but much will depend on whether Lambert is considered a heat-leader. Same with Schlein and Bjerre.

Milik may be an option too, but not sure whether they parted on good terms or not.

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

If Buster cannot pull the proverbial Rabbit out of the Hat and bring in a top Liner then with Over 33 points still to play with, that averages out at circa 6.65 for the 5 remaining places. To find 3 riders outside of the named heat leader pool around that kind of average is going to be some challenge.

With all Other teams seemingly announcing their line-ups I have the sneaky feeling that Kings Lynn have a few problems. Still with Buster at the helm of British Speedway I am sure we wont come up short.

If Buster cannot pull the proverbial Rabbit out of the Hat and bring in a top Liner then with Over 33 points still to play with, that averages out at circa 6.65 for the 5 remaining places. To find 3 riders outside of the named heat leader pool around that kind of average is going to be some challenge.

With all Other teams seemingly announcing their line-ups I have the sneaky feeling that Kings Lynn have a few problems. Still with Buster at the helm of British Speedway I am sure we wont come up short.

must say it would be nice to have an update from the club on what's going on and were we currently are regarding the top 5 line up . But all through last season the PR bit was very poor from the club so why would we expect an update ?

A little disappointed with the fact that we have had zero information from the club so far.

Is there any reason why at least the promotion hasn't come out and said which of the 2015 team is on the fabled heat leader list?

ANYTHING would be better than nothing. As a fan I feel a little taken for granted to be honest. We've lost our No.1 rider and they have come out and said nothing regarding the shape of the team for 2016. There's been this vacuum when it comes to information.

A little disappointed with the fact that we have had zero information from the club so far.

This from the clubs whos promoter is chairman of the BSPA and wants more transparency and openness :D The BSPA just love trolling the fans, I swear they have a competition to see who can make the most ludicrous statement and have it believed by their fans.

TBF I think the press officer has just got married so is probably away on honeymoon.

I think the biggest problem was that Niels decision caught them out. So I'm told, Niels had given every indication he was likely to be back and every team permutation featured him in it. Now I guess it's back to the drawing board.

TBF I think the press officer has just got married so is probably away on honeymoon.

I think the biggest problem was that Niels decision caught them out. So I'm told, Niels had given every indication he was likely to be back and every team permutation featured him in it. Now I guess it's back to the drawing board.

My gut instinct is that was very much the case too.

The teams this year with surprisingly strong reserves (Wolves, Leicester, etc) were the teams who may have struggled to attain the higher averaged 1-5 riders, so were 'given' stronger reserves.

If King's Lynn had more of an inkling that Iversen wouldn't return, maybe they would have opted for a stronger reserve to partner Kerr?

I think they were genuinely surprised Iversen didn't return, especially since he lives locally

Not sure why folk are upset that there has been no news. Haven't KL got into the habit of announcing the whole team at the same time at an evening in the stadium bar? There again I could be dreaming.

What i find surprising is that there is no mention of an Evening In the staduim bar. Then again whats the point of arranging a meeting when there is nothing to announce.

Cant say I even feel like a Mushroom..... certainly kept in the dark, just this time not fed on..... :D

Edited by semion

If that was the case then that looks bad on Niels for making them think he was signing. Personally, I cant imagine it came as a big surprise. We all hoped he would sign, but was aware nothing was definite. Surely they had other irons in the fire.

I appreciate what you say about Press Officer, but it wouldn't be too much too ask for a few comments in the EDP. Even if the team, has still to be finalised, a little indication of what is going on, wouldn't go a miss.

If that was the case then that looks bad on Niels for making them think he was signing. Personally, I cant imagine it came as a big surprise. We all hoped he would sign, but was aware nothing was definite. Surely they had other irons in the fire.

I appreciate what you say about Press Officer, but it wouldn't be too much too ask for a few comments in the EDP. Even if the team, has still to be finalised, a little indication of what is going on, wouldn't go a miss.

Surely the meeting with Neils and the fans was done as a kind of farewell and celebration of his time with the club.