British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

So getting back on topic who is likely to be in KIngs Lynn top 5 a big hitter doesn't look too likely unless Nicki Pedersen can be tempted back to the club which I'd guess is unlikely he well may fancy a short term contract early season but that's not really the answer so who else could we sign ? Batchelor is one with connections with the club still sponsored by our main sponsor also - I guess Rory is in the frame also for a team place though I think a massive risk after his big crash last May but same can be said about Kerr but Lewis is already signed - Porsing is another with local sponsor and in with a shout of a team place .Mickel Mickelsen is another rider that could do a good job for the club and I guess Kenny B is now back in the frame also - and of course Robert Lambert -with NKI not coming back in 2016 it's freed up points and I'd also say finance as well .Im sure Buster and Rob have a ace or two up there sleeve time will tell over the next few weeks .

They're many names that I've considered as a replacement for Niels, but slowly and surely they are being snapped up by other teams. This waiting about for announcement of the team is all very good but I get the impression as we are missing the boat every time. KK would have been an ideal candidate.

Assuming now we will have a team similar to last year, with only just Niels replacement to be found. I don't think we will feature too highly in the honours stakes, even if we do managed to persuade Herbie Hancock nor Nicki Pedersen to join in.

Not too optimistic........ :nono:

Really can't understand the defeatist attitude on here -get real it's November our first meeting is 4 months away has Buster and Rob ever let us down ? Yes we are all sad to lose NKI but life goes on and so will this great club .

Really can't understand the defeatist attitude on here -get real it's November our first meeting is 4 months away has Buster and Rob ever let us down ? Yes we are all sad to lose NKI but life goes on and so will this great club .

Certainly not the end of the world but the shortage of top riders coupled with the ludicrously high points limit means there simply aren't enough to go round. I've little doubt the team will be reasonably competitive but having had a sniff of being a top side a couple of seasons ago you can't blame people for being pessimistic at the prospects for 2016. There aren't enough decent riders willing to race in the UK.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

People still including Bjerre in their teams. Eurgh.

Yeah but with limited options, on a low average, and less heat leader quality riders around to beat him maybe he is worth a punt after all? Maybe I'm forgetting how poor he looked last season as it's now a distant memory as winter well and truly sets in. Having said that, hoping Buster has something better up his sleeve.

• Like 2

Yeah but with limited options, on a low average, and less heat leader quality riders around to beat him maybe he is worth a punt after all? Maybe I'm forgetting how poor he looked last season as it's now a distant memory as winter well and truly sets in. Having said that, hoping Buster has something better up his sleeve.

The league is going to have near enough the same riders in as last season, apart from Janowski, Niels, Ward and possibly Zagar. So we've lost maybe 4 quality heat leaders and one was his team mate, and I think many more riders than that beat him last season.

I can't recall a greater fall in a riders average in 2 seasons, considering he was a GP rider. He was appalling to watch. Gates first and would probably win, gates last and that's where he stays... he may aswell join Leicester.

Edited by speedy17