British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Rory dropped then. What are the thoughts of Stars fans?

most teams would have dumped him by now so well done to Kings Lynn for keeping faith with him and giving him a chance as he has been a good servant to the club. I,m sure he will get fixed up with a club for 2017 and he should be a solid scorer in the premier league so thanks for your efforts Rory and I wish you all the best for the future.
  • Like 2

most teams would have dumped him by now so well done to Kings Lynn for keeping faith with him and giving him a chance as he has been a good servant to the club. I,m sure he will get fixed up with a club for 2017 and he should be a solid scorer in the premier league so thanks for your efforts Rory and I wish you all the best for the future.

According to the KL website and write up about tomorrows meeting he is still in the team lineup :blink:

According to the KL website and write up about tomorrows meeting he is still in the team lineup :blink:

yes he is in the team at Wolverhampton and then Porsing will replace him for the rest of our meetings

Can King's Lynn's season get any worse,it seems Rose may be missing now as he has been taken away in an ambulance at Newcastle tonight.Lets hope its precautionary and he will be fine to race on.

Edited by tellboy

I know he's not a Kings Lynn rider but this sums up our season,our guest for tomorrow night Dan Bewley is now on his way to hospital.Hope this too is just precautionary.

He seems to have certainly come on in the PL already this season at such a young age too.Belle Vue seem to have a very good prospect there.

Edited by tellboy

Don't think he'll want to race in the Premier League.... Firstly, if his bottle for first corners is suspect, it'll being worse for him in PL, and, they are more attuned to racing in suspect conditions and wet tracks, that really won't suit Rory....

Cook, Bjerre, Thomsen and Ulrich are not PL riders.

The first three would be EL heat leaders.

Would could should.

Cook IS an EL heat leader parading in a tiny paddling pool in the PL.

Bjerre WOULD have started the season as an EL heat leader but wouldn't now as his average is too low so wouldn't be one. Thomsen should be trying his hand in the EL NOT the PL so in average wouldn't be a heat leader.

Ulrich hasn't been EL standard in years.

Seeing as the Panthers appear so strong now they should stomp over all the PL teams and ease their way to the title.

Anyway this is an EL thread so the Panthers discussion has no place on here.

Point still stands, EL teams are still much stronger than their PL counterparts.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

I'd laugh if Rory packs a double figure for his last meeting

Well of cause you would, I can imagine what sort of person would post that. But spare a thought for a moment, had this have been Poole, Rory wouldn't have been given a chance in the first instance. At least at Lynn he was given him the opportunity.

Rory has made giant strides these past months. It was always going to be tough. He still has a long way to go to be back anywhere near the form he use to ride. He may not achieve that stature. Although I have always questioned his decision to ride I wish him all the very best, he deserves that,. My one wish is that he comes out of this ambition safe. He has far more to give to the sport than just racing a bike.......

• Like 3

I don't know what it is with Kings Lynn Stars, but come the end of the season does our luck always run out. Going back to each of the last 4 years we have suffered some terrible injuries that has curtailed any hopes of success. The latest to Lewis Rose is just the last straw.

He has had to endure many obstacles in recent years, but true to his determination he has been getting it together of late, and scoring some hefty points, both here and at Newcastle. So I really feel for him.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, it won't make much difference to the Stars hopes of a playoff place, that door had been shut for some time, but it is a big gap to fill, that only a few capable of filling his place....