British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Bringing Rory in for Mads was an obvious move.

We're in the poop at reserve though and that's the concern. S.Lambert is going to be a big big miss

use Jakobsen and Tom Sokes reserve Rose in the top 5 pointless using Huckenbeck on my option .

use Jakobsen and Tom Sokes reserve Rose in the top 5 pointless using Huckenbeck on my option .

Would much rather see Morris guesting,at least he would be more competetive.Any of the young Stars would be out of their depth in the EL at the moment.Hopefully Lambert's average will go up soon and we can get a wider choice of guests.But then again we may just have to go back and use Wilko again.

• Like 1

Would much rather see Morris guesting,at least he would be more competetive.Any of the young Stars would be out of their depth in the EL at the moment.Hopefully Lambert's average will go up soon and we can get a wider choice of guests.But then again we may just have to go back and use Wilko again.

If we somehow miraculously made the play-offs we need to be careful who we use as EDR guests. Remember, you can only use 1 rider 4 times so Morris I'd not use for that reason.

I see absolutely no harm in throwing in a Josh Bailey, Nathan Greaves, Jake Knight etc. Going very well in the NL and I'd certainly give them a shot at it

For the Stars to stand any chance getting in contention for the Playoffs, they need to score 10 points from the three meetings next weeks. Yeah, a big ask... but not impossible. Coventry and Leicester will have something to say about that no doubt, but they, like us, are in the lower region of the league for a reason and that should make each meeting winnable...... With Rory back, we now have an extra heat leader, an inspired Captain and our No 1 Motivator.....so I see no reason not to be optimistic... :t:

• Like 1

Very disappointed to say that I have been sacked from Kings Lynn! I want to thank all the fans and all my teammates 270a-1f3fc.png#LostForWords

It looks like the riders ain't too pleased either. Interesting.........

To us fans it looked the obvious thing to happen.

Raises a question over team spirit for me as only Batchelor has 'Liked' Rory's tweet & none of the riders have congratulated Rory on his return. Again, interesting.........

Have been a massive Mads fan, and always enjoyed his swashbuckling riding style. But unfortunately this game is all about results. One thing of late, I've said many times is that Mads always had the slowest bikes. Struggled at time to keep up. Sometimes craft alone is not enough. When in front, it's possible to keep riders behind, but when chasing you need the speed to compete on level terms.

Looking at him in the pits, like I do, He doesn't look happy. No doubt he feel disappointed at the low scores he gets. It must be difficult to finance the burden of racing in 4 countries especially when points are hard to come by. I feel for Mads, big time..... No doubt he rides with his heart, and his heart has always been here at Kings Lynn. You cannot survive in this game on sentiment alone, so in this instant, difficult as it may be, Rob Lyon and Buster have made the right call......

• Like 2

They have made the right call though I feel sorry for Mads as the obvious choice to be dropped is the out of touch Huckenbeck not Mads but it's a numbers game and we had to get Rory back into the side - I think we also need use jakobsen at every opportunity rather than Huckenbeck - but was the right thing to do to drop Mads

• Like 1

Does anybody have imformation into the length of time Robert Lambert will be out with a broken finger ??? Stars, with 3 meeting this week, his injury couldn't have come at a worse time...

Sure was a good win last night, with a lot of positives. Pleased that Niels didn't suffer from that tremendous crash in ht 15. Could have been so much worse. Nice to see Rory back on the track. Showed up well and was on the pace from the start. It won't take long before he is winning races again..... Batch showed up when it mattered and he will only get better.as time passes.... Busk Jacobsen and Rose were brilliant and guest Howarth contributed well. The RR only managed 3 points, so one wonders how much easier it would have been had Robert been riding....

With Leicester home and away this week, this could be the time we have been waiting for......

If we somehow miraculously made the play-offs we need to be careful who we use as EDR guests. Remember, you can only use 1 rider 4 times so Morris I'd not use for that reason.

I see absolutely no harm in throwing in a Josh Bailey, Nathan Greaves, Jake Knight etc. Going very well in the NL and I'd certainly give them a shot at it

If Wolves make the play-offs which looks likely,dont think we could use Morris anyway.I'm sure i read somewhere you cant use riders as guests who are already involved in the play-offs.So if that is the case you may as well use guests from teams who are likely to be in the play-offs for league meetings.

If Wolves make the play-offs which looks likely,dont think we could use Morris anyway.I'm sure i read somewhere you cant use riders as guests who are already involved in the play-offs.So if that is the case you may as well use guests from teams who are likely to be in the play-offs for league meetings.

Good point and you are correct

So, were do people think we're at in making the Play-Off's?

Is the growth in optimism a false dawn?

The remaining fixtures:

Away:

Poole x2 - All others once more

Home:

Poole x2

Swindon

Wolverhampton

Lakeside

Looking at the remaining home fixtures there's still some potential home defeats on the cards and we're 6 points off a Play-Off spot

So, were do people think we're at in making the Play-Off's?

Is the growth in optimism a false dawn?

The remaining fixtures:

Away:

Poole x2 - All others once more

Home:

Poole x2

Swindon

Wolverhampton

Lakeside

Looking at the remaining home fixtures there's still some potential home defeats on the cards and we're 6 points off a Play-Off spot

Let's put it this way, you have about the same chance as Leicester and the Bees.

• Like 1

Let's put it this way, you have about the same chance as Leicester and the Bees.

And all the other teams in the league. We are, but half way through this season and results have proven anything can happen. I would wager a bet that the top teams will be in a different order come the end of the season.

Some teams have ridden more than other, but they are not that many points in front. For you to dismiss 3 teams at this early stage is very short-sighted.

Obviously certain teams are more fancied than others, but there are many points to be played for before any conclusions can be made........