British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Well the defeat was inevitable with that pathetic team (no disrespect but we were never going to challenge for a point let alone win without our top 2) and Rob said more or less the same - so yes it would be encouraging to know that the weakest link(s) in the team/squad are in danger of losing their place(s) , as its certainly not impossible that such a farcical situation won't happen again in this crazy sport!

I just want to hear we are trying to strengthen the team we can still make the play offs with a change or two to the side .

I just want to hear we are trying to strengthen the team we can still make the play offs with a change or two to the side .

We have a bit of a problem in trying to strengthen though, we're already 1.71 above the averages so wholesale changes just ain't possible

Think it's obvious 1 change will be Schlein for Korneliussen

The other could/should be the Busk Jakobsen position but that only leaves us with 4.15 or less to play with.

There's just nobody about who'd be an improvement on that.

A different D/U rider would have to be 6.91 or less from the Premier League.

Or, you're then looking for a rider that didn't ride in the Polish, Danish, Swedish leagues in 2015 that is 'supposedly better than Jakobsen.

Quite frankly, we're in the deep brown stuff & there's no real way out of it

Oh no 😞 Hope it's not as bad as it sounds

Finally going to hospital after an estate ambulance a jeep ambulance turned up, finally the right one turns up. Still very sketchy details on his injuries at the minute which is the best as best not to speculate

• Like 2

What is it with Kings Lynn Reserves ending up getting injured. Whilist my thoughts go out for Simon, and hoping for a speedy recover, cant help thinking there is some sort of curse that appears to scuttle the progress of riders when they are performing well for Lynn Stars.

If I were a rider and Lynn came calling, I'd think twice before agreeing to join the endless list who has tried.... :shock:

So who do we use at reserve now ? Do we bring Wilko back or do we promote one of our own from the Young Stars side ? For me I can't see the point in bringing Wilko back there is no future in long term for a 35 year old .

So who do we use at reserve now ? Do we bring Wilko back or do we promote one of our own from the Young Stars side ? For me I can't see the point in bringing Wilko back there is no future in long term for a 35 year old .

A rider that looks to have improved and is an asset but doesn't currently ride for the Young Stars might be worth a shot in Jake Knight??

No worse option than a Josh Bailey / Tom Stokes imo

A rider that looks to have improved and is an asset but doesn't currently ride for the Young Stars might be worth a shot in Jake Knight??

Don't think Jake is our asset anymore. Sure we sold him to Sheffield when he signed for them in the PL.

Don't think Jake is our asset anymore. Sure we sold him to Sheffield when he signed for them in the PL.

either way can't see much point in going with Wilkinson -what about last year Star Ashley Morris? The way I see it we need to use Jakobsen at every opportunity at reserve least that gives us one strong reserve can't see much point in using Huckenbek again to be honest plus he has to be in top 5

With the play offs all but gone let's look towards 2017

Was no future bringing him in at the start of the season in the first place!!...an utter farce of a signing!!

I agree there isn't any future for Wilko in the Stars team but he his better than any of the Young Stars .

Probably so, but thinking out of the box, by using Wilko he won't be strong enough to make the team competitive, so why not use the opportunity to give a Young Stars rider, hoping the experience will benefit both team and rider in the future....

• Like 3

as long as Rory is fit as possible that's a great move .

Possibly the only move we could do with the current averages we have.Crazy really with such an under-performing team we cant really improve on it as our team average is too high.

• Like 1