British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

I wonder if every team in the EL will.....

If it was a choice between some or no speedway ok but only running one night a week means one home meeting a fortnight. I think many will find other things to do, especially when you get a few rain offs and speedway could then be once a month.

If it was a choice between some or no speedway ok but only running one night a week means one home meeting a fortnight. I think many will find other things to do, especially when you get a few rain offs and speedway could then be once a month.

That's no different to now pretty much.14 home matches from April to September 26 weeks.

That's no different to now pretty much.14 home matches from April to September 26 weeks.

And that could be one of the reasons why crowds are generally so poor. Once people find something else to do on the weeks with no fixtures they can easily get out of the habit.

And that could be one of the reasons why crowds are generally so poor. Once people find something else to do on the weeks with no fixtures they can easily get out of the habit.

It does not help having a week without a meeting but when we have breaks of two or three weeks that becomes a major problem.

If every team rode on a thurs then the likely hood would be only one home and away meeting with each team, as with 8 teams two meetings each would be 28 thursdays, not allowing for rain offs, WTC etc.

If the EL survives the end of this season then I think there won't be just 1 fixed night.

It'll be 2 (Monday & Thursday) with a maximum of 2 meetings per week per club i.e. 1 home 1 away.

They'll continue with the 2 home & away fixtures verses each team

Personally though I believe the Elite League will crash & burn with 3 clubs at risk

Yes I could by looking back through the press releases and piecing a timeline together. However for now I will go from memory and say that Mads, Lewis k, Robert, Rory, Troy and Lewis R had all signed on the dotted line prior to the race night being changed.

Therefore I believe Danish league on a Wednesday was not a consideration for any of those 6 riders contrary to what you previously stated.

Once again please correct me if I am wrong?

I'm just wondering if it was that's all, if the EL goes 2 two days it will be a factor, they won't make Wednesdays one of the days will they .....

What's done is done, gotta make the best of it now 😆

Just go support our team every meeting 😆

Edited by Trees

Well done to Robert at last nights British Final a great performance and if his gate draw had been a bit better could easily have won it. Nice to see him being competitive out of the starts whichever gate he had.

Team GB at the World Cup with no bomber could be a possibility now after King Cook and Lamberts showing last night. Those three plus Tai would probably be our youngest team ever at a World Cup. Did think that Rossiter might be tempted to put Robert at reserve but surely not now.

Well done to Robert at last nights British Final a great performance and if his gate draw had been a bit better could easily have won it. Nice to see him being competitive out of the starts whichever gate he had.

Team GB at the World Cup with no bomber could be a possibility now after King Cook and Lamberts showing last night. Those three plus Tai would probably be our youngest team ever at a World Cup. Did think that Rossiter might be tempted to put Robert at reserve but surely not now.

Lambert obvious choice for reserve if the reserve can slot into races at any point if one of the team is off form - I'm not sure on the rules on that one

Lambert obvious choice for reserve if the reserve can slot into races at any point if one of the team is off form - I'm not sure on the rules on that one

Can only replace an injured / ill rider at the discretion of the event doctor in the SWC.

Lambert would be wasted as an U21 reserve, already to good for that position

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

has to be the 4

• Like 2

Can only replace an injured / ill rider at the discretion of the event doctor in the SWC.

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

has to be the 4

It's a no brainer really - seems to be those 4 are the obvious picks on current and BV form Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

has to be the 4

I agree - wasn't sure of the rules for reserve if that's the case he will be in the top 4 - id say Cook Lambert and Woofinden are dead cert not so sure about King though I'd not rule out Harris or Nichols .

Tough decision for rosco ,as most seem to agree on 3 the last place between King on last nights performance but wasn't being considered before it, bomber who as never let us down but was woeful last night or Nicholls who should be considered for home track knowledge and experience but asnt wanted to know for the past few years. Myself I'd go for.............no idea tbh!!!!!! Let see the form of all 3 over the next few weeks

On another point I reckon the rule on the reserve is daft, make it you can use him for an out of form rider if you want. Just being able to use them for injury is open to abuse just like we saw a few years ago

Wrong thread. Doh!

King doesn't deserve to be in team just because he won British championship! Been poor all season getting overhyped big time

He's been poor at the start of the season due to the anxiety of the upcoming birth of his child. He is more relaxed now and enjoying his speedway again. He has been great at Brandon, it's away he's been poor. However it's how he is at Belle Vue & his form nearer the time that counts

Still doesn't deserve to be in the team Steve Worral deserves it more!

Worrall is a good rider but there is a difference beating reserves & 2nd strings most weeks and beating riders like Pawlicki, NKI, Pedersen & Doyle. I guess we will have a better idea now he's in the aces main team. Look at Ellis & Tunagte, they can score 15 at reserve but put them against stronger riders in the main team and they score no more than 3.