British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Like you, I'm not exactly clear why we switched our race night to Thursday's, probably trying to persuade Niels to sign.( that's purely a guess) But for Buster to declare Kerr as our preferred EDR rider, they must have had some form of communication of what was expected of Kerr in the coming season of 2016. Everybody knows how important the reserves are when assembling a team plus them fictitious order of selections. With Kerr as our preferred rider we get last choice of remaining riders. Had Kerr not been our preferred choice, we would have had first pick. So the nomination of EDR is of paramount importance to any club. If there had been any doubt that Kerr would not be riding for the Stars then it should have been known, and not pursued with him as their preferred choice. We could have elected to preferred Rose in the Tier 2 and had first choice in Tier 1. (we could have had first choice of Ellis). That was how important Kerr was to Lynn's season.

When in was decided to switch race-nights to Thursday, Kerr had to make a choice. Does he stay with the team who had stood by him and helped him so much, the team that has put so much importance in him, or go to another club instead, who race on the same night.? We all know what he did, and has since been dropped like a hot brick.

It doesn't make any difference whose fault it was, Kerr had a that choice. He could have ridden for Lynn on Thursdays and another PL club, I'm sure there were many who would have liked his services, but NO, he choice Ipswich instead.... To me that speck volumes for how he feels towards the Stars team the fans and their supporters. Then, he rubs salt into the wounds by riding for Lakeside as well... I'm sorry but Kerr has lost all my respect.

An old saying: 'You never bite the hand that feeds you' ....

You say it best...

Its hard enough to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn well near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person :D

So will be impossible to win this argument with you!!

I don't blame Kerr at all, I've said this before and I'll say it again, he has a living to make, a young family to provide for. Give the guy a break GRW!

Buster ultimately made the call, race on a Thursday without Kerr, race on Wednesday with Kerr. He chose Thursday.

I accept all that you say and can see your point of view. However, Kerr had ridden for the Stars for a few years and provided for his family in the past, and no doubt would have done so again. He must have been a much sought after rider in the PL and if he couldn't ride for Ipswich, no doubt he could have acquired a good contract at a number of other places.

I don't doubt Buster had a major part to play in this situation, but probably, he was of the same impression as I, that Kerr, a major player in our team, would be riding for the Stars. I listen to other posters, and accept some feel differently. I have no problem with that...

There is no right or wrong in this situation, it all down to what virtues are important in one's life. ......

So will be impossible to win this argument with you!!

There is no argument here to win, merely a difference of opinion

Edited by GRW123

I think the Stars are missing Kerr massively and I think it would be unfair to apportion any blame on him for the situation we are currently in.

However we can not change the past and S.Lambert would be my number 1 target right at this moment.

Also if we are serious about a play off spot my number 2 target would be Dudek in place of Batchelor. May seem harsh but whilst I would usually be happy to wait for a rider to nurse himself back from injury this is a rider who clearly only cares about himself and not the team.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 5

I think the Stars are missing Kerr massively and I think it would be unfair to apportion any blame on him for the situation we are currently in.

However we can not change the past and S.Lambert would be my number 1 target right at this moment.

absolutely no blame from me on Kerr for the position the club finds our self in - the CLUB switched race nights - and yes 100% we miss him big time but as you say Simon Lambert should be used in the team at every opportunity.

Ride Wednesday nights with Kerr but not Niels or ride Thursday nights with Niels not Kerr.

That's what it boiled down to, and as good a reserve as Kerr is, you'd have been mental to not try and accommodate Niels.

Would have been nice to have had both but it simply wasn't an option.

We're not in that bad a shape at the moment, Lewis Rose looked very promising last week and if we can bring in Simon Lambert more often than not we'll be stronger at reserve. Like other have posted before me, my concern is Batchelor taking too long to recover from a very serious injury. We're not out of things yet....

Ride Wednesday nights with Kerr but not Niels or ride Thursday nights with Niels not Kerr.

That's what it boiled down to, and as good a reserve as Kerr is, you'd have been mental to not try and accommodate Niels.

Would have been nice to have had both but it simply wasn't an option.

We're not in that bad a shape at the moment, Lewis Rose looked very promising last week and if we can bring in Simon Lambert more often than not we'll be stronger at reserve. Like other have posted before me, my concern is Batchelor taking too long to recover from a very serious injury. We're not out of things yet....

Well it didn't boil down to that as Niels wasn't going to ride at all!

• Like 1

It was for Niels or to get in someone like him. That was the reason for moving race night.

Was rumours of Dudek, Zmarzlik, Pedersen at the time but the point remains the same.

It doesn't remain the same because we didn't sign any of them.

Iversen was last minute and the race night was irrelevant to that decision.

For Niels is was about whether he's suffer from burn out again, nothing to do with Wednesday or Thursday.

In the end we'd moved from Wednesday to Thursday in 2016 for no reason what so ever and lost Kerr in the process.

It's proven so far to be a disaster decision.

The only thing now that can rectify the problem is Lakeside sack Kerr and we get him back (but his average is to high anyway) or use Simon Lambert.

2016 now relies on that imo

It doesn't remain the same because we didn't sign any of them.

Iversen was last minute and the race night was irrelevant to that decision.

For Niels is was about whether he's suffer from burn out again, nothing to do with Wednesday or Thursday.

In the end we'd moved from Wednesday to Thursday in 2016 for no reason what so ever and lost Kerr in the process.

It's proven so far to be a disaster decision.

The only thing now that can rectify the problem is Lakeside sack Kerr and we get him back (but his average is to high anyway) or use Simon Lambert.

2016 now relies on that imo

Are you honestly saying that we moved race night for no reason? And did so in the knowledge that we would lost Kerr as a reserve?

Yeah right. Moving to from a Wednesday meant that there was more chance to sign a TOP rider (someone like Niels). It's worked out well though, as it means that Niels can ride for us again albeit in different circumstances.

I'm looking forward to Busk Jakobsen getting a chance, I rate him highly, and another I would consider is Kenneth Hansen - he lives a couple of miles from Kings Lynn, is a 100% trier, and is great with the supporters

• Like 2

As has been suggested on a different thread, is it now time to drop Wilkinson for Simon Lambert.

With Wilkinson's average dropping as fast as s#!+ from a seagull I think we need to react, and quick

Wilkinson 3.60

Lambert 3.11

If Lambert's average goes past Wilkinson's the option will not become available. Thoughts?

Theres no rush. You always used the highest two draft riders averages. You can use any 2 of 3 at any time.

I'm looking forward to Busk Jakobsen getting a chance, I rate him highly, and another I would consider is Kenneth Hansen - he lives a couple of miles from Kings Lynn, is a 100% trier, and is great with the supporters

I would make a good signing and is at Lynn meeting most weeks.

Who knows the exact time scale ..... I dare say you could find out Jonathan

Yes I could by looking back through the press releases and piecing a timeline together. However for now I will go from memory and say that Mads, Lewis k, Robert, Rory, Troy and Lewis R had all signed on the dotted line prior to the race night being changed.

Therefore I believe Danish league on a Wednesday was not a consideration for any of those 6 riders contrary to what you previously stated.

Once again please correct me if I am wrong?

Edited by jchapman