British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Ever the optimist....... How many chances does one need.

Confucius said ' There is always an excuse when you look for one'

I want him to succeed, no point in ripping him to pieces, he's well behind everyone else in terms of race fitness, seems like everything is going wrong, he needs a few meetings, we gave KB all year, Troy deserves longer than a couple of meetings!!

• Like 1

I think last nights refusal to use Mads bike by Troy was as bad as the black and white cock up by Kenny B last season . It was the sulk by Troy that got me .

Far too much was made out of the Bjerre thing. He cost you a single point in what was a lapse in concentration/forgetfulness. We've all made mistakes!

Far too much was made out of the Bjerre thing. He cost you a single point in what was a lapse in concentration/forgetfulness. We've all made mistakes!

Seemed no lapse in concentration\forgetfulness to me! Anyway that's gone, let's look forward and hope for better things from Troy

Looks Like his Joke of seeing what was lying around in the shed has come back to really bite him on the ass.

He can't even use that excuse as on Friday he tweeted that they have found his engines. so he should of had them on Monday night

I want him to succeed, no point in ripping him to pieces, he's well behind everyone else in terms of race fitness, seems like everything is going wrong, he needs a few meetings, we gave KB all year, Troy deserves longer than a couple of meetings!!

I would give him all the time in the world to get back to fitness. no problems there. But if your attitude is wrong, then the fitness and form are irrelevant. What he done the other night, was show the world his attitude was all self. He had no thoughts for the team, the fans or the sport. I'm afraid giving him a couple weeks to sort that out won't change anything.....

Shame really, Got loads of ability... Had his attitude been in gear, he could have achieved far more than he had.....

• Like 2

Ok GWR, You are Buster just for the day. So you get rid of Batch, who would you look to bring in to replace that potential scoring ability, on that average ? I guess he could go out and get a Ben Barker calibre of rider. Is that really what you want ? A Guy who give it his all and bag you 4/5 points a meeting.

Think we need accept where Speedway in this Country is in the swing of things where riders of Batch's ability are concerned. As fans we might not like it, but lets get real about these things.

I understand why people don't like batch,but end of the day can't see anyone better you could replace him with. If I was a swindon fan i would be much happier with batch havinfmg been retained my 3rd heat leader than tungate or sedgeman .

I am a Batchelor fan as a rider,he has so much ability but in many ways his career has been wasted.How he showed the disdain to the Robins fans last year was a suicide thing to do.For me that has gone,and i actually hope he fulfills his potential but i believe his chance has gone i can't see him getting in the series again.Also this years team the morale in the camp looks superb a real feel good factor about it.Be nice though if Troy proved me wrong,he is good anough attitude is everything in sport ability alone is not anough. Edited by Sidney the robin

I would give him all the time in the world to get back to fitness. no problems there. But if your attitude is wrong, then the fitness and form are irrelevant. What he done the other night, was show the world his attitude was all self. He had no thoughts for the team, the fans or the sport. I'm afraid giving him a couple weeks to sort that out won't change anything.....

Shame really, Got loads of ability... Had his attitude been in gear, he could have achieved far more than he had.....

Now where have heard that before!!

Ok GWR, You are Buster just for the day. So you get rid of Batch, who would you look to bring in to replace that potential scoring ability, on that average ? I guess he could go out and get a Ben Barker calibre of rider. Is that really what you want ? A Guy who give it his all and bag you 4/5 points a meeting.

Think we need accept where Speedway in this Country is in the swing of things where riders of Batch's ability are concerned. As fans we might not like it, but lets get real about these things.

Wow hang on a minute!! , I never said get rid of Batchelor. When thinking of the Sport and the Stars situation, beggars cant be choosers. Such is the state of speedway in this country, there are not enough top riders to pick and choose. I know Batch has his faults, but he can also be a match winner. One his day he can beat the very best. My only hope is that he has more good days than bad.... But us, as fans, are allowed an opinion. Be him good or bad, as long as you're not offensive, we have the right to say.

Also, had I been Buster, I would have done all I could to have persuaded KB to ride this year as well... You knew he would have won a few races at least..... even against top riders..... Now we have lost another rider, who has decided to give the Elite league a miss. They're not many left.....

• Like 1

As has been suggested on a different thread, is it now time to drop Wilkinson for Simon Lambert.

With Wilkinson's average dropping as fast as s#!+ from a seagull I think we need to react, and quick

Wilkinson 3.60

Lambert 3.11

If Lambert's average goes past Wilkinson's the option will not become available. Thoughts?

Wilko looked half decent when he guested for us last season, but for some reason doesn't seem to be working for him. Shame, but we need to move on and give Rambo a try

Edited by kelvinht

Simon lambert is not the answer I'd rather give roynon the opportunity! Dunno fascination with lambert tbh he would be dreadful away and its took him this long to be a decent premier league standard

Roynon is in Coventry's squad,do keep up

Some say the grass is always greener, but it is not always the best options. Rambo elected to ride for Peterborough instead of us at the start of the year and Kerr dropped us right init.. I wouldn't be in a rush to welcome either back. Why change things, after all we have bigger problems at the moment than replacing Wilko. At least he was prepared to ride...... for the Stars.....

Some say the grass is always greener, but it is not always the best options. Rambo elected to ride for Peterborough instead of us at the start of the year and Kerr dropped us right init.. I wouldn't be in a rush to welcome either back. Why change things, after all we have bigger problems at the moment than replacing Wilko. At least he was prepared to ride...... for the Stars.....

Rather a bitter post wouldn't you say?

Lewis chose Ipswich (rightly so) because the PL Is where the bar and buyer is paid. We messed him about by changing racenight when he'd already agreed the deals. Our fault, not Kerr's

Lambert had his agreement already in place with Peterborough when he originally agreed to sign for us due to losing Kerr. Due to the fact he'd miss to many Peterborough fixtures due to clashes (his bread and butter) it was advised it's best not.

Lambert right now would be a great addition compared to anyone else out there

Rather a bitter post wouldn't you say?

Lewis chose Ipswich (rightly so) because the PL Is where the bar and buyer is paid. We messed him about by changing racenight when he'd already agreed the deals. Our fault, not Kerr's

Lambert had his agreement already in place with Peterborough when he originally agreed to sign for us due to losing Kerr. Due to the fact he'd miss to many Peterborough fixtures due to clashes (his bread and butter) it was advised it's best not.

Lambert right now would be a great addition compared to anyone else out there

No, not bitter at all.... More a realistic view. Lewis Kerr has a lot to thank Lynn for the way the career has gone. When he suffered the nasty fall last year, nobody done more to help him than Lynn Stars and their fans. When or why it was decided to change race night to Thursday, Kerr was off like a shot, to a team who has now dropped him. When I checked the fixtures there were a few clashes, but bearing in mind the fixing chaos there will always be clashes..... What made it worse was Kerr our preferred EDR rider, meaning we lost out both ways. He didn't give Lynn much thought at all. Sorry if you feel differently ....

Lambert did very well on Thursday, but expecting him to do that every week will be a tough ask......

how the hell was it Kerr fault? he'd signed for Lynn thinking we was a Wednesday night track no problem signing for Ipswich then we switch race nights to Thursday how can that possibly be Kerrs fault ?The CLUB switched race night for what ever reason that we are still waiting to hear and it's not to be ready for 2017 that bull would be nice to hear the true reason .
  • Like 2