British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Is he in the 1-5 with Huckenbeck moving to the No8 newcomer role?

Or is is sharing D/U role with Lambert?

The way I see it those are the options.

Is he in the 1-5 with Huckenbeck moving to the No8 newcomer role?

Or is is sharing D/U role with Lambert?

The way I see it those are the options.

Those options seem to be the ones that are within the rules.

Maybe eventually Lynn will give a more accurate press release!

I thought riders signed from the PL for the squad need to be in a sharing role?

He certainly wouldn't quality as a newcomer.

He must be named in the 1-5 and Kai dropping to number 8. Don't think he would share a role with Lambert as Kings Lynn would have priority anyway.

He must be named in the 1-5 and Kai dropping to number 8. Don't think he would share a role with Lambert as Kings Lynn would have priority anyway.

I'm aware he would be a named 1-5 rider but I thought a PL rider had to be a 'shared' role?

I ask the question because I questioned why Poole weren't using Jack Holder in their squad but they can't because they have none of their top 5 as double up riders.

I'm aware he would be a named 1-5 rider but I thought a PL rider had to be a 'shared' role?

I ask the question because I questioned why Poole weren't using Jack Holder in their squad but they can't because they have none of their top 5 as double up riders.

3 doubling up riders are allowed with 2 sharing 1 position. Poole could use Holder on his own if they wanted to.

Jakobsen isn't riding on Thursday but Huckenbeck is, yet Peterborough don't have a meeting. So that makes it look like NBJ is number 8. I though number 8s had to be new to British Speedway, not just the EL, which meant they were a 4.00 and not on a converted PL average.

Jakobsen must be number 8. There's no need for a D/U partner for Lambert as our fixtures take priority over his PL club so would be a pointless move.

Source Peterborough Official website:

Ged Rathbone. "We will have priority over Nikolaj in the event of any fixture clashes".

Jakobsen isn't riding on Thursday but Huckenbeck is, yet Peterborough don't have a meeting. So that makes it look like NBJ is number 8. I though number 8s had to be new to British Speedway, not just the EL, which meant they were a 4.00 and not on a converted PL average.

"...not been included in any previous Team Declaration" is the wording which is true to the traditional vagueness of the Regs. Any EL team or_any_ team?

3 doubling up riders are allowed with 2 sharing 1 position. Poole could use Holder on his own if they wanted to.

the way they have built they would be unable to anyway now,

Jakobsen must be number 8. There's no need for a D/U partner for Lambert as our fixtures take priority over his PL club so would be a pointless move.

How can he be a number 8? Isn't that position designed for 'new' foreigners? (Dennis Jonsson at Lakeside the perfect example)

NBJ fails to qualify in that category as an established PL performer.

Source Peterborough Official website:

Ged Rathbone. "We will have priority over Nikolaj in the event of any fixture clashes".

I was referring to our DU rider Robert Lambert

Pretty sure its new to the EL.

How I understand it too

Pretty sure its new to the EL.

Why do you think that ?

In plain language "Any Team Declaration" means what it says. It doesn't mean any Elite League Team Declaration.

The new BSPA chairman had a massive interview in Speedwáy Star telling us all he was going to sort the sport out including the rule book. If he is now seen to be leading the way in twisting the rules to suit himself then he is going to lose any remaining shreds of credibility he may have left after the Belle Vue fiasco and his subsequent statement.

Had better wait until it becomes clear what is happening but a lot people will be keeping a close eye on this.

• Like 2