British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

That may be true (and tbh, looking in I'd agree that it is) but I've never got why fans get so wound up about going to see p&p. It's not for the fans and frankly, it's as boring as hell!

Me neither but a simple statement saying basically what they have now said, issues 2-3 weeks ago would have been the sensible thing to do. Some fans may have been disappointed but would have been kept informed.

Those last two words are the crux of all this. Fans simply have not been kept informed for months. I'm not sure if it's because

1 the media guy is crap (which I doubt, stuff he does publish is good)

2 the promotion simply don't give him the tools (i.e. information) to be able to do his job properly

3 the promotion simply don't care what the fans think as long as they turn up and pay their £17 every week.

It's a very sad state of affairs for a club that for five decades has always had the fans at the heart of it.

It's not just P & P tho. It's the whole attitude towards the fans that's the issue.

Friday night was a case in point. Iffy weather so rush through to heat 10 so no refunds then string out the rest of the meeting when we were freezing our bits off. Thing is, speed of first 10 heats is how it should be all the time.

It's not just P & P tho. It's the whole attitude towards the fans that's the issue.

Friday night was a case in point. Iffy weather so rush through to heat 10 so no refunds then string out the rest of the meeting when we were freezing our bits off. Thing is, speed of first 10 heats is how it should be all the time.

I also got told they only printed 600 programmes as they did not want any left overs, then had the cheek to want the fans to pay for a sheet of paper at least they should of done is give them out free if they run out of programmes

Isn't that down to the ref to keep the meeting moving along?

That may be true (and tbh, looking in I'd agree that it is) but I've never got why fans get so wound up about going to see p&p. It's not for the fans and frankly, it's as boring as hell!

Boring or not - that is only a matter of opinion (not mine I always attend Peterborough's as do many others including the seasons during Mick Horton's tenure and everyone is made welcome) and certainly not reason enough to keep fans locked out who would like to attend and have done previously for many years. It gives the impression the Stars promotion has something to hide and leaves the fans who would usually go feeling undervalued as supporters. It makes no sense what reason can there be to exclude fans who are interested enough to want to make the effort to go?

Neils was hobbling really badly at Belle Vue last night, hope its nothing lasting or serious.

He's pulled out of Bomber's meeting tonight and said on twitter he was probably optimistic about racing last night but wanted to give it a go so had it gone ahead he may have had to pull out anyway.

Carl Wilkinson on route to hospital in the Ambulence with suspected broken collar bone

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15268/scunthorpe-ipswich-lc-20-3pm#ixzz43SffWLV7

Lets hope early suspicions are wrong.He's started the season well and will be a big miss at reserve for Lynn.

Who can Lynn use as a guest,or will they just call on Lambert if Wilko is to miss any meetings.

Lets hope early suspicions are wrong.He's started the season well and will be a big miss at reserve for Lynn.

Who can Lynn use as a guest,or will they just call on Lambert if Wilko is to miss any meetings.

They have declared Lambert as their 3rd reserve so they have to use him where available. Then I would imagine it would be a rider off the draft with same average or below if Lambert has a fixture clash.

They have declared Lambert as their 3rd reserve so they have to use him where available. Then I would imagine it would be a rider off the draft with same average or below if Lambert has a fixture clash.

Must admit I only quickly went over the rules.Didn't see a mention that they had to use Lambert just because he has signed as a 2nd tier 2 rider.Looking at the rules it looks pretty much as last year.

Must admit I only quickly went over the rules.Didn't see a mention that they had to use Lambert just because he has signed as a 2nd tier 2 rider.Looking at the rules it looks pretty much as last year.

What would be the point in signing a number 9 otherwise? I guess it will become clearer once the season starts

What would be the point in signing a number 9 otherwise? I guess it will become clearer once the season starts

Just saying what the rules indicate.We may well use Lambert at home anyway.

I would say the number 9's primarily are to cover for injuries to your tier 2 riders,as your number 9's have to be tier two riders themselves.Incidentally looks like Lynn's team average has to include Lamberts average and not Rose's as he has the higher.

So we can at the end of the day use Lambert or anyone below Wilko in the averages.But still only allowed to use guest EDR's 4 times.

Apparently Wilkinson has a small 'brake'( :sad:) to the collarbone, but is planning on riding Thursday

Hope he doesn't do any more damage if he does ride.Think it would be wise to let it heal first,but as we know some of these rider are hardy buggers.