British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Eh? Correct me if I'm wrong but both are Swindon riders and should be riding for Swindon irrespective of what was arranged first. The way it usually works is that as both are contracted Swindon assets, they would ride for Swindon. Why on earth would anyone think it was alright for them to ride for other teams instead of Swindon - one of which isn't even a UK team!! Unbelievable!

Morris is contracted to both, being an asset has sod all to do with it unless its his two British clubs riding the same day. If he is British then his British club would take priority but when his nationality is neither of the clubs it usually goes to the club who arranges the fixture first. Andreas Jonsson for example is a Cov asset, if he rode for Cov but if his Polish club arranged a fixture first he would ride for them and the same vice versa. Its happened plenty of times in the past, being an asset has no bearing unless its a clash of British clubs.

Of course the Swindon match could have been in the fixture list first hence him riding for them, I was giving a valid reason why he perhaps might not have been.

Edited by woz01

Morris is contracted to both, being an asset has sod all to do with it unless its his two British clubs riding the same day. If he is British then his British club would take priority but when his nationality is neither of the clubs it usually goes to the club who arranges the fixture first. Andreas Jonsson for example is a Cov asset, if he rode for Cov but if his Polish club arranged a fixture first he would ride for them and the same vice versa. Its happened plenty of times in the past, being an asset has no bearing unless its a clash of British clubs.

Of course the Swindon match could have been in the fixture list first hence him riding for them, I was giving a valid reason why he perhaps might not have been.

What 2 British clubs are they? The fixtures are in the UK so that should explain who has first call on his services IMHO - unless you know differently and not just your opinion ?

Nick Morris tweeted that he was told he could ride at Lynn but has now been told he can't .

Reading between the lines, Swindon don't seem to have been very efficient over all this.

Agreed Swindon seem to have a made a big mess with this, taking the p*** out of theirs and Somerset fans....but Lynn shouldn't have been stupid enough to want to use Doyle in the first place either. P*** up and brewery springs to mind..

• Like 2

Agreed Swindon seem to have a made a big mess with this, taking the p*** out of theirs and Somerset fans....but Lynn shouldn't have been stupid enough to want to use Doyle in the first place either. P*** up and brewery springs to mind..

Kings Lynn wouldn't necessarily know Swindon were racing Somerset that night .....

Kings Lynn wouldn't necessarily know Swindon were racing Somerset that night .....

Buster Chapman is chairman of the BSPA. It's his job to know.

Both sides messed up here. Thankfully common sense saw through in the end.

A bizarre episode all round really.

• Like 5

That description applies to both matches.

I haven't disagreed

Totally, Swindon were as much to blame for this.

Doyle has shown where his loyalties do or don't lie.. and is likely a bit p****d off he is missing out on a better pay day.

I expect we will see hundreds of Swindon fans making the journey to Somerset then!

News today is the sports therapist who works with the Panthers is gonna work with the Stars ......

Bet some of the riders may fake injury this season,wouldn't blame them I would if I was them.Lauren is a welcome addition to the Stars set up :P

• Like 1

News today is the sports therapist who works with the Panthers is gonna work with the Stars ......

She is fit and very disliked by riders WAGS