British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

The thing is to get 16 youngish riders that are competitive for the EL reserve role they would probably need at least 3-4 years experience riding in the lower leagues. I know we will get the odd rider who who is extremely talented like Robert Lambert but that for now is rare until they get a good training programme going.

Which they do seem to be improving on helping the youngsters now.So hopefully in a few years we will have some decent ones coming through at an earlier age.

Which they do seem to be improving on helping the youngsters now.So hopefully in a few years we will have some decent ones coming through at an earlier age.

That will hopefully be the plan but for now to help the few youngsters we do have in the draft system we need the older ones to make it at least competitive.

• Like 1

That will hopefully be the plan but for now to help the few youngsters we do have in the draft system we need the older ones to make it at least competitive.

I totally agree.I wasn't disagreeing at all,i hope it didn't come over that way.

Oyou are right I remember when Ziolona Gora came that their reserves were just as good as our second strings but I would still like to see our own 1 to 7 ride even if it does mean we get a hammering the more track time the better for our riders.

I see we will be tracking our 1-7 plus Jason Doyle.16 races with 8 man teams looking forward to this one already.

• Like 1

I see we will be tracking our 1-7 plus Jason Doyle.16 races with 8 man teams looking forward to this one already.

Aren't Swindon already riding that night? Puzzling!

Would he have been involved in the Somerset meeting anyway? Surely it would've been one sided with him in?

Yes he was as Peter Kildemand was riding for Somerset to even the teams up. One sided or not he should be riding for Swindon & anything else is typical of the way this sport treats its fans.

• Like 1

Yes he was as Peter Kildemand was riding for Somerset to even the teams up. One sided or not he should be riding for Swindon & anything else is typical of the way this sport treats its fans.

Hmmmmm, perhaps a balls up somehow then!?

Hmmmmm, perhaps a balls up somehow then!?

Especially when Debbie Hancock made the announcement of Kildemand's inclusion in the Rebels side for the Challenge, she said:

“By having Swindon at the Oaktree Arena for our opening match of 2016 is a great way with which to get the new season underway, especially with ex-Rebel and current World number 5, Jason Doyle back at the Oaktree Arena, even if it is with him riding for the opposition!”

“The meeting itself will be forming the second part of our press and practice day, but in a break with tradition, the practice part of the day becomes more meaningful with it being the match against Swindon, and I would like to express my thanks to Roscoe for agreeing to bring the Robins to the Oaktree Arena and I am sure that it will prove to be a great occasion.”

I wouldn't want to be the person to break it to Somerset that Swindon may now need up to 4 x Guest Riders to fulfil this fixture - Doyle guesting for KL; Morris riding for Wroclaw along with; Tungate & Wright riding for Somerset?

In this country both Nick Morris and Jason Doyle are contracted to ride in Swindon fixtures so I cannot see either riding an international select meeting at KL - so I would expect KL fans to be the disappointed ones.

It really wouldn't be like our club to mess the fans around would it :lol:

We're turning into a bit of a laughing stock with our organisation to be honest. Absolutely p!ss poor

• Like 2

In this country both Nick Morris and Jason Doyle are contracted to ride in Swindon fixtures so I cannot see either riding an international select meeting at KL - so I would expect KL fans to be the disappointed ones.

So why would KL put the PR out saying they are, the Somerset meeting hasn't changed dates or anything?

So why would KL put the PR out saying they are, the Somerset meeting hasn't changed dates or anything?

No Trees, the Somerset meeting is still on the 18th March, so it's a bit strange this one.