British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

The whole problem is Iversen doesnt want to ride here for a season so i expect they are hoping someone will be willing to ride when he stops, at least it gives them time to continue their search. Iversen may feel he let them down a bit so thats why he's helping out short term and and he could still come back late season if things don't work out elsewhere.

A few teams dont have a proper number one so its not a disaster making do mid season but i dont think Huckenbeck will last long so could be a season of regular changes

Iversen shouldn't feel like he is letting the club down, he isn't obliged to sign a British contract. I expect the reason he has agreed to ride short term is for the £'s and the extra practice ahead of the GP series starting.

• Like 1

Iversen shouldn't feel like he is letting the club down, he isn't obliged to sign a British contract. I expect the reason he has agreed to ride short term is for the £'s and the extra practice ahead of the GP series starting.

To help Lynn and to get race fit ahead of the other leagues and GPs ......

Think between all 7 riders they will have to drop less than .3 to fit in Batchelor. Kings Lynn are way under the limit so are fully entitled to replace any top 5 rider who is in poor form if they keep within the limit. Are you actually suggesting clubs are not allowed to build to the limit? It only has to be like for like if they are over the team limit. Wouldnt be surprise if other clubs made a similar move if they have a poor start as most are quite below the limit.

I'm not suggesting anything of the kind.

Build up to the limit absolutely.

However it is already clear that Iversen was too high for Lynn to fit in as their last signing prior to the announcement he is a temporary replacement for Batch.

If Niels decides to stay it would be wrong of Lynn to replace there newcomer with Batch - that was my only point.

I'm not suggesting anything of the kind.

Build up to the limit absolutely.

However it is already clear that Iversen was too high for Lynn to fit in as their last signing prior to the announcement he is a temporary replacement for Batch.

If Niels decides to stay it would be wrong of Lynn to replace there newcomer with Batch - that was my only point.

I just don't see how it would he wrong. If its within the limit then no problem for me, unless if course there is two suspicious efs like Batchelor last season 😉

• Like 1

I don't necessarily think its that bad, but I would call it a team full of the unknown. I think we all know what Iversen will bring but the other six you just can't say. Mads & Robert could potentially add up to a couple of points each, Rory could struggle or pick up where he left off before injury, Wilko could be a good reserve given a full season as he has the experience and if Lewis can get back to his 2014 form he will be a very good number seven. Kai would have had an excellent season if he maintains his five but could easily drop to three given his inexperience. And as we all know Batchelor can be hot or cold :D The problem will be if he replaces Puk with no other strengthening.

This team could have a good go at finishing top four or be joining Leicester down the bottom.

In an ideal world then yes Niels would stay, Batchelor could fit for Huckenbeck if he is struggling, and Huckenbeck could take the 'Young Foreign #8 role' and not technically be sacked, as he'd still be available to use in the top 5 at any point.

Iversen

Mads

Schlein

Lambert

Batchelor

Wilko

Rose

Huckenbeck #8

Lambert #9

That's a good team.

Edited by speedy17

In an ideal world then yes Niels would stay, Batchelor could fit for Huckenbeck if he is struggling, and Huckenbeck could take the 'Young Foreign #8 role' and not technically be sacked, as he'd still be available to use in the top 5 at any point.

As I understand the rules he couldn't, it's for young foreigners with no British experience, which he will have had at that point.

Mind you that rule (and quite a few others) have never been properly explained so it's anyone's guess.

I watched Kai Huckenbeck in the Best Pairs, and was very impressed. He wasn't phased by the opposition and was up against the likes of Iversen, Nicki Pedersen, the Laguta brothers and Chris Holder. He was right up Lagutas exhaust pipe for four laps, beat Chris Holder and Dakota North, and even got past Iversen from the back (briefly!) so don't write him off before he has ridden, as we may be in for a surprise. I wondered if he was a mate of Robert Lamberts, as the two have been practicing at Saddlebow Rd together, and of course Robert rode a lot in Germany before his British career started. I'm looking forward to seeing the two "young guns" together in a race, as I think they will make a great partnership. Roll on the start of the League campaign!

• Like 3

I just don't see how it would he wrong. If its within the limit then no problem for me, unless if course there is two suspicious efs like Batchelor last season 😉

It is wrong as anything that's open to manipulation should be stopped.

I believe they brought in a like for like policy a couple of seasons ago which to me helps eliminate any chances of trying to bend the averages to suit, just as the obvious efs for troy last year to get darcy in. Just wrong in my eyes.

any team below the points limit can build up to it that's no issue. Trying to bend the rules like Swindon did last year should be cut out.

• Like 1

It is wrong as anything that's open to manipulation should be stopped.

I believe they brought in a like for like policy a couple of seasons ago which to me helps eliminate any chances of trying to bend the averages to suit, just as the obvious efs for troy last year to get darcy in. Just wrong in my eyes.

any team below the points limit can build up to it that's no issue. Trying to bend the rules like Swindon did last year should be cut out.

Swindon were "Alleged" to have done last season Steve😉😉

• Like 2