British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Oh no, I don't think some are going to be happy!! I'm not.

Ohoh Attention seeker klaxon man! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Totally agree with all that until your last sentence. I don't think Lynn knew his plans until he told them no, he was obviously undecided himself for a long while. Perhaps they can be criticised for not having a back up plan but that could be easier said than done, perhaps they did have but the delay meant that the back up rider found employment elsewhere. Unfortunately Lynn took a risk waiting for Puk and it didn't pay off. Don't blame him at all though for packing in the UK.

The evening with Iversen was announced in October so they would have known he wasn't riding then, it was obvious he wasn't going to ride next season then and they still haven't found a suitable replacement.

there's certainly a lack of riders actually wanting to ride in the UK, so whatever people are saying about "go do a deal with so-and-so" it doesn't actually work like that!

but there could be some changing their mind if Poland goes ** up

The evening with Iversen was announced in October so they would have known he wasn't riding then, it was obvious he wasn't going to ride next season then and they still haven't found a suitable replacement.

Would they? On what do you base that? The announcement wasn't made until November 20th so why would they sit on the information until then and not sign anyone in the meantime? Seems like you are plucking ideas out of the sky as usual.

Would they? On what do you base that? The announcement wasn't made until November 20th so why would they sit on the information until then and not sign anyone in the meantime? Seems like you are plucking ideas out of the sky as usual.

To me and i would imagine to a lot of people the evening with Iversen was to thank him and celebrate with him what he has achieved with Kings Lynn and his GP win at Cardiff as a leaving gift. Even if it wasnt certain then it certainly was by november and thats 3 months ago!

I better add to my post above because in a later report he said that he is looking for commitment to the BEL so when he has some news he will let us know ..... why the radio station does that I know not, annoying for anyone who only heard the early report!!

To me and i would imagine to a lot of people the evening with Iversen was to thank him and celebrate with him what he has achieved with Kings Lynn and his GP win at Cardiff as a leaving gift. Even if it wasnt certain then it certainly was by november and thats 3 months ago!

Nobody knew that evening and nothing was mentioned by the rider himself or the club, the event was almost independent from the Stars and more about him as an international rider. It was held on November 6th so it was a further fortnight before anything was announced about him not riding. By this time whatever plan B they may or may not have had was gone. The promotion have certainly made a pig's ear of team building this winter but to suggest that they knew in October that Puk wasn't going to ride this year is nonsense.

Nobody knew that evening and nothing was mentioned by the rider himself or the club, the event was almost independent from the Stars and more about him as an international rider. It was held on November 6th so it was a further fortnight before anything was announced about him not riding. By this time whatever plan B they may or may not have had was gone. The promotion have certainly made a pig's ear of team building this winter but to suggest that they knew in October that Puk wasn't going to ride this year is nonsense.

Only the management and Niels know exactly when he decided not to ride here next season but the way the evening with Iversen was arranged inferred to me that he was leaving although it was a surprise that it was not announced that night. I would think the management knew well before it was announced and they were just trying pick the right moment which is difficult when your losing one of the best riders in the world.