British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Kai at reserve will be a big help! Although Wilko will struggle at no. 2. Calculation of averages needs looking at and maybe should exclude the reserves races as they give a false reading.

Wonder how we'll play it now as it sounds like PUK will be around all season but pick and chose which matches he rides in. If its not a genuine reason (injury/fixture clash) will we get a facility - or use our no. 8 ?

It doesn't read that he will be around all season but only ones that suit.

Not sure how the Stars can plan around this unless they sign another rider to share with him - that wouldn't include Troy tho who I assume is part of a re-structering.

How can a no 8 go to reserve as he's there to replace a missing rider in the main body?.

Only asking or is that another rule missed?.

He can't as far as I know. He can only cover 1-5

It's Jacobsen who rides at reserve now as he's the rider declared in their top 5 but I could be wrong.

It's very confusing this year

How can a no 8 go to reserve as he's there to replace a missing rider in the main body?.

Only asking or is that another rule missed?.

No Huckenbeck is not eligible to ride at reserve. The rules are crystal clear. An absent Number 6 (who is NOT an EDR) can only be replaced by a Guest. The additional rider (AR) can replace any top 5 rider. The rules explicitly cover a non-EDR at reserve and explicitly do not permit an AR as cover. There is no ambiguity.

Now whether the rules are ignored is another issue.

Edited by 500cc

Where was it ever stated that Kai was number 8 and NBJ in the main team? I've only ever seen NBJ being referred to as a 'squad member' and that was after Kai was announced?

He has been listed as a Number 8 all season on each issue of the official BSPA 2016 Elite League Team Declarations. Jakobsen has been listed in the 1-5.

It's Jacobsen who rides at reserve now as he's the rider declared in their top 5 but I could be wrong.

Rules again not clear on this one.A number 8 can only cover a 1-5.As Jacobsen was declared in their 1-5 can he still replace him at reserve.I would have thought so because I am sure he cant cover Wilko who is now in the 1-5 but is an EDR.Rules as confusing as ever.

I think that once again the rule has been poorly drafted, but my conclusion is that Huckenbeck will be allowed to ride at reserve.

Otherwise it would mean that he can only replace any top 5 rider, and that includes Wilkinson.

I think there would be a lot of objections if a foreign number 8 regularly replaced a British EDR rider.

I think that once again the rule has been poorly drafted, but my conclusion is that Huckenbeck will be allowed to ride at reserve.

Otherwise it would mean that he can only replace any top 5 rider, and that includes Wilkinson.

I think there would be a lot of objections if a foreign number 8 regularly replaced a British EDR rider.

EDRs can only be replaced from the EDR list or, additionally for Tier 1, a British PL rider without an EL average.

EDRs can only be replaced from the EDR list or, additionally for Tier 1, a British PL rider without an EL average.

Are you sure. The rulebook also says ARR is the only replacement for a no 4 or 5. But that isn't correct because they can of course also be replaced with the number 8, as Huckenbeck has regularly done for Jakobsen.

I.e. It appears that the rule about no 8s replacing any of the top five overrides the other rules about replacements for riders.

Edited by arnieg

I think the rules are a total mess on this one and they have not thought about what will happen if an EDR goes into the 1-5, is he still an ERD or is he a 1-5 rider? and obviously vice versa, if a 1-5 rider drops to reserve is he still a 1-5 rider? There is no definition of a 1-5 rider.

It's often said the rules are badly written and I'm not sure they are. But in this case I don't even want to try and second guess what the BSPA will come up with!