British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

We post opinions about choices, but the fact is we have no choice. Top riders wanting to race on these shores are few and far between. When someone like Nels deserts the sinking ship we don't have a lot going for us...... Kenneth Bjerre had a bad season last year, but people seem to forget the service he has given KL over the years. He had a lot of injuries, a lot of comebacks, and his confidence is shot to bits. It would be wrong to forget those times. One bad season is not the be all of one's career. Instead of jumping on his back at the mention of his name, how about giving him the benefit of our support.

When he fought to keep Bomber behind him, we only saw the wrong result, Fans didn't think of why it happened!! he was persecuted by all and sundry . Did he know it was Bomber behind him??. I wanted to see more races like that when he fought to the end. If I was the team Manager, I would want to know why the KB at Lynn is not the KB from abroad. There are obviously reasons why his performances have dropped, and the answers need to be focused on. His form abroad indicates he has what it takes to succeed here.......

Like I say, we are not spoilt for choice of top riders, so turning ones back on someone who has graced these shores , more than most is ridiculous .. I for one will go and watch KB ride, knowing his improvement will be better than some of the others mentioned.........

We post opinions about choices, but the fact is we have no choice. Top riders wanting to race on these shores are few and far between. When someone like Nels deserts the sinking ship we don't have a lot going for us...... Kenneth Bjerre had a bad season last year, but people seem to forget the service he has given KL over the years. He had a lot of injuries, a lot of comebacks, and his confidence is shot to bits. It would be wrong to forget those times. One bad season is not the be all of one's career. Instead of jumping on his back at the mention of his name, how about giving him the benefit of our support.

When he fought to keep Bomber behind him, we only saw the wrong result, Fans didn't think of why it happened!! he was persecuted by all and sundry . Did he know it was Bomber behind him??. I wanted to see more races like that when he fought to the end. If I was the team Manager, I would want to know why the KB at Lynn is not the KB from abroad. There are obviously reasons why his performances have dropped, and the answers need to be focused on. His form abroad indicates he has what it takes to succeed here.......

Like I say, we are not spoilt for choice of top riders, so turning ones back on someone who has graced these shores , more than most is ridiculous .. I for one will go and watch KB ride, knowing his improvement will be better than some of the others mentioned.........

in that race at Poole with Harris someone cocked up was it Rob or Kenneth I don't no but Harris knew the situation - yes Kenneth can improve his average but would I have him back ? No way - Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

in that race at Poole with Harris someone cocked up was it Rob or Kenneth I don't no but Harris knew the situation - yes Kenneth can improve his average but would I have him back ? No way -

Like you say who was it that cocked up. Of cause Bomber would know , he was given the Black and White, but what was going through KB head.. Was he told of the tactic? was he involved in discussions. Was he proving a point? , all these are variables, that we only assume the answers, but don't know what goes on..... Look at the cock-up Rob Lyon made with the TR against Leicester. That was monumental and cost us the win and the Play-off place. But the fans seem to forget when they want to....

Of cause it shouldn't have happened. Usually there's no smoke without a fire, so I like to hear all angles before proportioning blame.

I am in no doubt, KB could be riding against us and do a lot of harm.......... So why not include him and show your support, instead of persecuting all the time... ..

Edited by GRW123

Like you say who was it that cocked up. Of cause Bomber would know , he was given the Black and White, but what was going through KB head.. Was he told of the tactic? was he involved in discussions. Was he proving a point? , all these are variables, that we only assume the answers, but don't know what goes on..... Look at the cock-up Rob Lyon made with the TR against Leicester. That was monumental and cost us the win and the Play-off place. But the fans seem to forget when they want to....

Of cause it shouldn't have happened. Usually there's no smoke without a fire, so I like to hear all angles before proportioning blame.

I am in no doubt, KB could be riding against us and do a lot of harm.......... So why not include him and show your support, instead of persecuting all the time... ..

I don't care whose fault it was. My personal opinion was KB threw a strop cos he thought he should wear the black and white tablecloth and thought I'll show them (I have no proof before you ask :P ). That one race showed that Bjerre could race when he wanted to. Can you point to any other races when he showed as much commitment in 2015? You obviously saw many more races than I did last season :wink: If KB rides for Lynn in 2016 you will see many more than me again.

BTW I'm not persecuting him just stating my honestly long held opinion. I don't care how many races a rider wins as long as he rides as if he wants to ride for the club. KB is one rider who has never given me that impression and I'd suggest whoever he rides for it's the same (ask the P/boro fans :P )

Edited by Star Lady

I don't care whose fault it was. My personal opinion was KB threw a strop cos he thought he should wear the black and white tablecloth and thought I'll show them (I have no proof before you ask :P ). That one race showed that Bjerre could race when he wanted to. Can you point to any other races when he showed as much commitment in 2015? You obviously saw many more races than I did last season :wink: If KB rides for Lynn in 2016 you will see many more than me again.

BTW I'm not persecuting him just stating my honestly long held opinion. I don't care how many races a rider wins as long as he rides as if he wants to ride for the club. KB is one rider who has never given me that impression and I'd suggest whoever he rides for it's the same (ask the P/boro fans :P )

Every rider is different, and ones perception of riders doesn't necessarily prove they're not trying. Nobody frustrates me more than Mads has done. That's not to say he doesn't try, usually his bike were slow and he was beating a dead horse. But Mads is raved about because of his forceful riding style.

I saw many races last year when KB was lack lustred , Also many times I saw him lead from the gate and win races. and I agree its very frustrating.......

With KB you will never get an in your face racer shouting from the rooftops, You'll get a quite, shy, knowable person who can perform very well. To me that's enough. If you want any more, then I suggest we keep looking......... Don't hold your breath though.......

Iversen willing to help Stars out article in today's Daily Star - willing to do the first month

Also says some ground rules need to be in place -

Willing to help out or willing to earn a few quid getting some laps and testing in before the other leagues and GPs start? To me you're either in the team or not and if Lynn were my team, I'd rather they found another option (disliked Rickardsson's 6 week stint for Ipswich at the start of one season) but I know many people disagree.

• Like 2

Lynn fans love Mads because he has always given 100%, whereas KB very often looks uninterested. Most people will forgive shortcomings if they can see maximum effort being given.

You are quite right he does give maximum effort when riding,just a shame he don't give maximum effort to keeping his machinery in tip top condition.Lets hope this year he does both.

Willing to help out or willing to earn a few quid getting some laps and testing in before the other leagues and GPs start? To me you're either in the team or not and if Lynn were my team, I'd rather they found another option (disliked Rickardsson's 6 week stint for Ipswich at the start of one season) but I know many people disagree.

Yeah I do where Iversen is concerned ....

If anyone can come up with a better option than using Iversen I'd like to hear it if it's for one month or two months Iversen so far is the most realistic option. What happens after he leaves is another thing .

So if the poster above was correct and he won't fit in without changes, which of the riders who were prepared to commit for a full season do you suggest Lynn dump?

• Like 2

If anyone can come up with a better option than using Iversen I'd like to hear it if it's for one month or two months Iversen so far is the most realistic option. What happens after he leaves is another thing .

Who will be dropped to accommodate Iversen. To fit in Niels average, we will have to lose either Rory, Mads, Batch or Lambert. Which one do you suggest ???

I'm sure Batchelors broken arm would be a reason for Iversen coming in, giving Troy another month or 2 to get it 100%, then release Niels for Troy... thing is we'd still have a space for a heat leader but with only just over 6 to play with... I'd be wanting Sundstrom or someone to fill that void but you know who it would be!!!

With reference to KB. In my eyes he has never been a team man. League Speedway always has been a team sport and when you watch guys like Robert and Rory etc team riding, then watch a seasoned professional like KB ride in such a selfish way then it grates on me.

As for 2015, half the time I watched him, he was the first to throttle off in a tussle, maybe a loss of confidence, maybe a desire to get away and get back to his natural home at Peterborough (although this had failed), only he knows. Either way, I don't think he is valid number 1 rider any more and personally I wouldn't want him in the team.

I must admit at being concerned over the lack of information coming from the club reference the final signings and having followed the Stars since 1970 feel the least motivated about the upcoming season than ever before. Please Mr Chapman, put us old sods out of our misery.

• Like 1

Who will be dropped to accommodate Iversen. To fit in Niels average, we will have to lose either Rory, Mads, Batch or Lambert. Which one do you suggest ???

squad system as others have stated Lakeside already started building a squad