British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

No, he will not be off to Poole!! He said he has had conversations with KL about next year. It'll be KL or no one. But I would put my money on him giving Britain a miss next year.

Agree with that, its likely that NKI wants to concentrate his efforts on winning a World title. It wont have escaped him that the top three this year did not race in Britain..

• Like 2

Surely Bjerre will be with the Stars for 2016. His average must be very attractive although it's going down.

Has Iversen given any indication of a return? Could he be off to Poole ?

his average is attractive BUT some meetings seemed very un interested backs off time and time again going into the first bend - that's what puts me off Kenny

Would it work if Lynn signed Doyle to begin the season at no.1, and Iversen doesn't ride in the UK. Then after a couple of months the team is re-declared with Iversen coming in to replace Doyle. Then after a couple more months its re-declared again with Doyle returning.

Would it work if Lynn signed Doyle to begin the season at no.1, and Iversen doesn't ride in the UK. Then after a couple of months the team is re-declared with Iversen coming in to replace Doyle. Then after a couple more months its re-declared again with Doyle returning.

Would depend on the riders averages at the time.

Would depend on the riders averages at the time.

But not impossible, providing of course that both riders (on similar averages)are agreeable to the plan. Better if this was all officially set up before start of season, which it possibly will be from 2017 after the 2016 AGM approves it.

Until then it has to be fudged.

What is the potential benefit of doing that?

That wouldn't solve the problem the GP riders keep complaining about. They are saying there are too many meetings too close together. What they want is to job share so they for example do 2 British meetings a months stead of 4. That however would increase costs for promoters I.e. 2 sets of machinery, 2 sets of mechanics, 2 lots of travel to sort out etc.

What is the potential benefit of doing that?

Prevents a rider from getting too burned-out.

Provides a way for a rider to keep involved in the UK league rather than disappearing (and once gone - chances of returning less likely).

Possible replacement (ahead of schedule) in the event of injury.

That wouldn't solve the problem the GP riders keep complaining about. They are saying there are too many meetings too close together. What they want is to job share so they for example do 2 British meetings a months stead of 4. That however would increase costs for promoters I.e. 2 sets of machinery, 2 sets of mechanics, 2 lots of travel to sort out etc.

Will have to wait for 2017 until that happens.

In the meantime...do it on an unofficial rota basis

No ! No ! we cant have ideas like that........ They're far too much sense in those ideas, the BSPA wont be able to keep up .......... :t::t::t:

Don't Doyle and NKI both live in the UK?!

Don't Doyle and NKI both live in the UK?!

And the other 7 teams ? Don't think there are 14 UK based riders.

The riders sort all that stuff out anyways out of their pay I guess?

But it still means 2 lots of everything to be paid for and I can't see the riders taking less to allow another rider to kit himself out with bikes etc!