British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

I think Leicester started well down on the points limit, I assume they have plenty of scope to still keen prove if possible.

getting a rider to commit to riding EL on a Saturday night has been the biggest problem for all of there team building this season and will continue to be.

• Like 1

Nice to see Davy Join the Lions. Just hope that if he starts to do well, that the same does not happen when Jaason started to pick up his act and when he did Swindow decided that they wanted him back again after giving hime the elbow.

Davy is a great rider and he deserves better than the way he has been treated this year. Lets hope he has a long stay with the Lions and Poole don't decide when he gets going again that they will have a place for him again.

Still not got to a meeting yet this year, has I still have a huge hole in my toe. This could be just what the Lions need, sorry about the pun.

So student admission requires an NUS card and a letter? What's this letter all about? I have an NUS card, but what else will I need to produce? Any help appreciated please.

I guess it similar to Coventry. Its designed for full time students so a letter from the uni stating you go to uni and full time you will get in for the student rate. Anyone can get an NUS card for doing for example a 1 hour cooking class so with the much cheaper rate its a fair enough request.

• Like 1

So student admission requires an NUS card and a letter? What's this letter all about? I have an NUS card, but what else will I need to produce? Any help appreciated please.

I'd suggest taking any of your paperwork showing your course?

• Like 1

I guess it similar to Coventry. Its designed for full time students so a letter from the uni stating you go to uni and full time you will get in for the student rate. Anyone can get an NUS card for doing for example a 1 hour cooking class so with the much cheaper rate its a fair enough request.

I'd suggest taking any of your paperwork showing your course?

Thanks guys, so my letter of admission should suffice. I'll have to dig it out haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I genuinely can't see the Lions surviving many more seasons if we persist with Saturday night racing in the top league,nobody will turn up to watch the crap teams that we put out.

If the "crowds" we get keep dropping I can't see the sport to be viable in Leicester unless we go to to the better Premier League.

I genuinely can't see the Lions surviving many more seasons if we persist with Saturday night racing in the top league,nobody will turn up to watch the crap teams that we put out.

If the "crowds" we get keep dropping I can't see the sport to be viable in Leicester unless we go to to the better Premier League.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is like tomorrow especially as the weather forecast is good for the evening>

This is disgraceful, the way his Polish team suddenly want him back again. At the start when he came over here they said they wanted him to learn to ride the British tracks and also to gain more experiance. It looks like the time has come now that he is just starting to become a far better rider then when he first came. Time that someone stood firm against the Poles, they have now gotten to big for thier boots. Such a shame because he was a pleasure to watch riding and a great lad to talk to.

Hope he gets over there and tells them where to go stuff themselves and comes back over here, just depends how much he thinks of his Polish side and what sort of powers they hold over thier riders.

Bad show Poland, you deserve an award for the worst PR of this year.

• Like 1

This is disgraceful, the way his Polish team suddenly want him back again. At the start when he came over here they said they wanted him to learn to ride the British tracks and also to gain more experiance. It looks like the time has come now that he is just starting to become a far better rider then when he first came. Time that someone stood firm against the Poles, they have now gotten to big for thier boots. Such a shame because he was a pleasure to watch riding and a great lad to talk to.

Hope he gets over there and tells them where to go stuff themselves and comes back over here, just depends how much he thinks of his Polish side and what sort of powers they hold over thier riders.

Bad show Poland, you deserve an award for the worst PR of this year.

Two different Polish clubs. Bydgoszcz last year were happy for him to ride in England. Wroclaw this year are only interested in Wroclaw.

Two different Polish clubs. Bydgoszcz last year were happy for him to ride in England. Wroclaw this year are only interested in Wroclaw.

Just to offer a little background, Wroclaw are struggling in their league and are having to race their home meetings in Poznan while their own track is rebuilt. It doesn't excuse their appalling behaviour but might help to explain.

Back in the 70s the PZM's antics in releasing riders like Zenon Plech and Edward Jancarz to race over here was written-off as being down to communist bureaucracy. Seeing how the Polish clubs behave now I think we have to re-think that bit of history.

Awful for Leicester. midweek or PL is the straight choice, but either way it must survive.

This weekend is also Wroclaw massive Derby match against Leszno so is not really that unexpected as far as I know the rider himself wanted to ride for Leicester but without the PZM start permission he is unable to ride anywhere.

As he is now banned and there is also some other meetings and practice sessions required I think no option but to replace him I have a feeling we may be seeing Greg Walasek again next week as well.

It will be interesting to see if Jason Doyle rides at Leicester next week as after the last meeting he was quite adamant telling fans that unless the fixture got moved he won't be at Leicester as can't do Saturday nights

When I held a student card it ran the course of the academic year. It had a start and end date. Don't they have them anymore??

This is really beginning to get very worrying - uncertainty over the promotion, the sheer impossibility of running on Saturday nights in the EL, even before you look at a weakening team.

I've only been once and it was a delight to be watching speedway in Leicester again after all those years, and in an impressive stadium for a speedway new build.

It's now showing very concerning parallels with Newport, a track that should never have been lost. This one certainly shouldn't. I do hope the situation can be sorted out but changes have to be made, even if I'm just looking on from the sidelines - but very concerned.

This weekend is also Wroclaw massive Derby match against Leszno so is not really that unexpected as far as I know the rider himself wanted to ride for Leicester but without the PZM start permission he is unable to ride anywhere.

As he is now banned and there is also some other meetings and practice sessions required I think no option but to replace him I have a feeling we may be seeing Greg Walasek again next week as well.

It will be interesting to see if Jason Doyle rides at Leicester next week as after the last meeting he was quite adamant telling fans that unless the fixture got moved he won't be at Leicester as can't do Saturday nights

I imagine he probably will. Riding twice in a season is slightly different to riding as a home rider

This is really beginning to get very worrying - uncertainty over the promotion, the sheer impossibility of running on Saturday nights in the EL, even before you look at a weakening team.

I've only been once and it was a delight to be watching speedway in Leicester again after all those years, and in an impressive stadium for a speedway new build.

It's now showing very concerning parallels with Newport, a track that should never have been lost. This one certainly shouldn't. I do hope the situation can be sorted out but changes have to be made, even if I'm just looking on from the sidelines - but very concerned.

If you don't mid me asking, why have you only been there once?

• Like 1

The basket case that is British Speedway..

Leicester just a microcosm of the general malaise....

Guess what? You sign Polish riders they get called back at a moment's notice. Who knew?

Guess what? Riding on a Saturday night means youre going to restrict yourself in the number of riders that want to ride on that night for your team. Who knew?

Guess what? Saturday nights have lots of GP and U21 and Euro Championships and Best Pairs events which attract the better riders. Who knew?

Guess what? The EL launched this season with a hugely obvious disparate level of capability between the teams from top to bottom resulting in the farce we have now. Who knew?

Well everyone on here for a start...

• Like 4