British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

Shale Searcher -Peter Karlsson burnt his bridges back in 2014 when he guested for Leicester on high fixed money didn't hardly score or put any effort in.

Kenneth Bjerre may be the best of what's available but is not what Leicester need if he was in place of Klindt or Wozniak but not at the top end of the team

I'd take Wozniak over Bjerre any day of the week... Wozniak is on the way up and is hungry to improve. He got better and better as the season went on last season and seems very keen to represent the Lions (which not many riders seem to want to do- although Simon Stead has made it clear he'd have liked to). Kenneth Bjerre might not be the strength of rider at the top end we need, but he's probably the strongest of anyone that might be half interested in racing for Leicester Speedway in the 2016 season.

Shale Searcher -Peter Karlsson burnt his bridges back in 2014 when he guested for Leicester on high fixed money didn't hardly score or put any effort in.

Kenneth Bjerre may be the best of what's available but is not what Leicester need if he was in place of Klindt or Wozniak but not at the top end of the team

Peter isn't interested in starting in UK this season. If he was he would have signed by now.

Peter isn't interested in starting in UK this season. If he was he would have signed by now.

He isn't interested because, as flag rag says he wants fixed money, and a big wedge at that, which is alright when he is consistently scoring big points from a heat-leaderposition but sadly he can't do that anymore. That was the whole trouble at Lakeside when he went off the boil. I don't blame the guy. At this stage of his career he doesn't need to fly all over the place for small change, and good on him for seeking out the best deals he can get but promoters are not going him pay big him big money if he is no longer scoring big points.

• Like 3

I'd take Zengota over Bjerre without doubt. Bjerre may be more of a 'name' rider, but Zengota will give his all and is a very good rider.

He was rider of the year at Swindon last year, and I think he was also rider of the year when he was at Coventry.

Unless Leicester can get themselves a proper, all out number one rider then he would be a decent signing.

• Like 4

Weatherwatcher,

Even the less than mediocre Poles, Danes, Swedes, Ruskies, Martians want silly money... It's blooming ridiculous!! I know Saturday nights don't help, but it's all down to money, money, money and money.. UK crowds are not large enough to sustain the payments these damn riders want.. I don't think fixed race nights would actually help, squads are not the answer either.. The only thing that will help is a sudden, dramatic upsurge in crowds, say if they doubled to say an average of 2,800 to 3,000 that would help no end, but it has to be at that level in a sustained way..

Do you have to have a captain? If you do I would go with Walasek... Or if not actually needed I'd go without.

yes you do . captains have certain duties to carry out on behalf of the SCB , other than riding duties .

If Leicester were to get injuries to key riders would the club fold as how would they get replacements as they have spent months trying to get key riders and are still trying

And the wider picture is for the rest of the league..

We know injuries will happen so when it becomes reality who will replace the injured riders?

Be interesting to see how the teams that don't race Saturday fair in filling their inevitable gaps, (or is it simply a Leicester problem)..

And what money they all will be paying out for replacements..

Demand seems to be far outstripping supply even before a wheel is turned, and given the nature of the sport it will outstrip it much further as the season progresses..

I would imagine the riders know they hold most of the cards and will be negotiating accordingly..

Amazingly, a self inflicted issue by the promoters.

Edited by mikebv

I think flagrag was refering to when PK guested at Leicester in 2014 & demanded £4000 fixed fee before the meeting in cash .

Then he turned up with 1 dirty bike ,no mechanic & rolled round at the back for 4 laps putting no effort in.

So he burned all bridges with David & Norrie who were righly disgusted after that meeting.

Where is the link that Peter has said that?

I've read only that he doesn't want to start 2016 in the UK.

Obviously if I have missed that statement then I stand corrected.

Edited by lionking

I think flagrag was refering to when PK guested at Leicester in 2014 & demanded £4000 fixed fee before the meeting in cash .

Then he turned up with 1 dirty bike ,no mechanic & rolled round at the back for 4 laps putting no effort in.

So he burned all bridges with David & Norrie who were righly disgusted after that meeting.

It was daytripper who responded to my post saying flagrag stated he wants fixed points money to Start the season which isn't what he said at all. Like you said he/you were referring to one meeting as a guest.

I've read nothing other than Peter not wanting to start 2016 in the UK.

BecketLion - I would have liked to have seen Simon Stead return to Leicester but once he signed for Sheffield that couldn't happen due to sheer volume of fixtures he would have to miss I think it was around 9-11 meetings when he would be missing.

But what about this supposed squad system? Could Stead be included as part of this (whatever it actually consists of!)?

........as for a younger Dane.......Nicki Pedersen's younger than Ulamek and Walaszek isn't he? ;)

But what about this supposed squad system? Could Stead be included as part of this (whatever it actually consists of!)?

........as for a younger Dane.......Nicki Pedersen's younger than Ulamek and Walaszek isn't he? ;)

But has Anders Thomsen been under consideration as a possible? Many "experts" tip him for big things in the future. I know he probably wouldn't be anything near to a heat leader to start with, but at least he'd be likely to make progress and provide that sort of interest alongside of Wozniak

• Like 1

Track work has stopped till I can get 3/4 day window with out rain. I can then remove the mud and put in shale roll it to death squeezing out the water.

Start drying out the rest.

Glyn

Weather has been pretty decent for the time of the year recently. Have you been able to do anything?

I'd take Zengota over Bjerre without doubt. Bjerre may be more of a 'name' rider, but Zengota will give his all and is a very good rider.

He was rider of the year at Swindon last year, and I think he was also rider of the year when he was at Coventry.

Unless Leicester can get themselves a proper, all out number one rider then he would be a decent signing.

The 2 meetings that he guested for the Lions at home was a treat to watch. He rode his heart out. He is one of those tiders you would want in your side. He dosn't give up at go to the back of the field like er see some riders do, if he is at the back then you know he will still give it is all. Really like the Guy and don't think he would be a bad rider to sign up. That is if he wants to ride a Saturday, which seems to have put paid to getting quite a few riders to come here.

• Like 1

Where is the link that Peter has said that?

I've read only that he doesn't want to start 2016 in the UK.

Obviously if I have missed that statement then I stand corrected.

He hasn't said it publicly in connection with 2016 but he is hardly going to say " I am not coming because they won't pay what I

asked for " is he ? No rider says such things, publicly, nor does any promoter say " He was asking too much for his points return "

But let's tie a couple of loose ends together. Flag rag says he wanted £4K for a guest appearance. That's a lot of money. There are a lot of good riders guest for much less. One of his mechanics said on Facebook that he left Lakeside "by mutual agreement " because they wanted him to take a pay cut when his scores were falling at a rate of knots and he wasn't justifying his wage. I had heard before all that happened that he was on a big upfront wage. I can't tell you where it came from except that it was from the pits, not from a bloke in the pub .

Not that I am criticising the guy because, as I said before at his stage of a brilliant career I wouldn't expect him to be riding fit pin money, but equally promoters have to try to work to a budget.

I have more information which I am not going to put on here but you'll have to either accept what I and flag rag say or not accept it.

• Like 2

Weather has been pretty decent for the time of the year recently. Have you been able to do anything?

I'm up there tomorrow, fetching a load of pipe, and then on with installing the new drains on 3 & 4 with Steve C...

The forecast for today, Sat and Sun has changed this week more times than I'd like to count..!! Decent for tomorrow, not so brilliant Sunday, but could get away with mostly a dryish day!

He hasn't said it publicly in connection with 2016 but he is hardly going to say " I am not coming because they won't pay what I

asked for " is he ? No rider says such things, publicly, nor does any promoter say " He was asking too much for his points return "

But let's tie a couple of loose ends together. Flag rag says he wanted £4K for a guest appearance. That's a lot of money. There are a lot of good riders guest for much less. One of his mechanics said on Facebook that he left Lakeside "by mutual agreement " because they wanted him to take a pay cut when his scores were falling at a rate of knots and he wasn't justifying his wage. I had heard before all that happened that he was on a big upfront wage. I can't tell you where it came from except that it was from the pits, not from a bloke in the pub .

Not that I am criticising the guy because, as I said before at his stage of a brilliant career I wouldn't expect him to be riding fit pin money, but equally promoters have to try to work to a budget.

I have more information which I am not going to put on here but you'll have to either accept what I and flag rag say or not accept it.

I'm absolutely certain that there will be a money element to any of the riders for signing contracts so in that instance I'm sure PK is no different.

Of course some people on here are 'in the know' and likewise having been told information in the past I too haven't posted such details either so maybe there is more in it than meets the eye.

Again reading between the lines CVS spoke about PK 'not being keen' on a full season may have as much to do with cutting down his schedule as much as it is being offered the right deal to stay.

Even tho it appeared from team building purposes (as it was in November) he was only a stand by for Wolves 2016.