British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

I just don't understand why they signed Klindt with so may points available, i would rather have PK and that would still leave enough for Stead or Bjerre plenty of combinations to chose from for 2 riders if they

got shut of Klindt, and when has Klindt been any good anyway he can't even make a heat leader in the PL.

I just don't understand why they signed Klindt with so may points available, i would rather have PK and that would still leave enough for Stead or Bjerre plenty of combinations to chose from for 2 riders if they

got shut of Klindt, and when has Klindt been any good anyway he can't even make a heat leader in the PL.

I have been led to believe PK is asking silly money as well, why do you think nobody else has employed him yet this season coming...

I'm not sure I agree with all this guaranteed payments, speedway is and always should be points based earnings... It's got to take the edge off your performance, even just a little bit.. knowing you're gonna get a fat wad if you score 12 or 0!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

well you haven't read that many Gem because ,it is either a newbie with only 116 posts or Robert 72s new alter ego

He's not been on here very long and probably hasn't got a very high post total yet because let's face it what is there to comment about on Leicester at the moment anyway. Definitely not Robert72 ~ there's only one of him thank goodness. :lol:

• Like 1

I have been led to believe PK is asking silly money as well, why do you think nobody else has employed him yet this season coming...

He has said he doesn't want a full season over here. But is happy to be available if wolves need him later in the season.

He has said he doesn't want a full season over here. But is happy to be available if wolves need him later in the season.

Lots of rumours/stories about who wants what money, half season, beginning of season, end of season, middle of season, home only, away only, big tracks, small tracks, without bikes, new bikes please, any bikes please....etc etc etc...

At the end of the day, if you wanted say Nicki Pedersen, and you could afford 5k per meeting, you'd probably get him..... But its not realistic in the UK whilst speedway only attracts 1000 to 2500 paying spectators and the sport has no lucrative sponsorships. If the money is right, they'll come here to ride...!

In my opinion.

• Like 3

He's not been on here very long and probably hasn't got a very high post total yet because let's face it what is there to comment about on Leicester at the moment anyway. Definitely not Robert72 ~ there's only one of him thank goodness. :lol:

Newbie it is then . With all the usual Indomitable optimism and In depth knowledge of everything Leicester . judging by the comments of some of the elder statemen lions fans on here , there should be no shortage of second hand rose tinted specs should the need arrise :lol:

Who is a Newbie?

Don't feed the troll.....he is looking for a reaction!
  • Like 1

Lots of rumours/stories about who wants what money, half season, beginning of season, end of season, middle of season, home only, away only, big tracks, small tracks, without bikes, new bikes please, any bikes please....etc etc etc...

At the end of the day, if you wanted say Nicki Pedersen, and you could afford 5k per meeting, you'd probably get him..... But its not realistic in the UK whilst speedway only attracts 1000 to 2500 paying spectators and the sport has no lucrative sponsorships. If the money is right, they'll come here to ride...!

In my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

Newbie it is then . With all the usual Indomitable optimism and In depth knowledge of everything Leicester . judging by the comments of some of the elder statemen lions fans on here , there should be no shortage of second hand rose tinted specs should the need arrise :lol:

Indomitable? Is that a saying from the west side of the county ?

so there have been plenty of comments about not much.

Isn't that 90% of the BSF? The other 10% make up Speedibee's posts Edited by TMW

In my opinion.

If Nicki Pedersen agreed to ride for the Lions what thoughts are there on how many additional spectators would he attract to a home meeting?

Daft as it may seem I reckon the Lions promotion are hoping that he turns into a heat leader (even no. 1?) during the course of the season!

Go back a couple of years and you will see people saying pre season that the Lions would struggle because Jason Doyle was not a recognised No. 1 and not likely to improve. Not saying Wosa will emulate Doyley as a number 1, but may improve by a bigger margin/average

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

Well we have a Leicester thread that's longer than the Lakeside and Belle Vue threads put together so there have been plenty of comments about not much.

Perhaps he's a bit more fussy what he bothers to write about. :wink:

If Nicki Pedersen agreed to ride for the Lions what thoughts are there on how many additional spectators would he attract to a home meeting?

Go back a couple of years and you will see people saying pre season that the Lions would struggle because Jason Doyle was not a recognised No. 1 and not likely to improve. Not saying Wosa will emulate Doyley as a number 1, but may improve by a bigger margin/average

Agree entirely!

Edited by Happy Hunter