British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

Flagrag, with the track shape being changed and hopefully for the better it is now down to the fans to show there support and loyalty to keep the club going.

Sofar as the track is concerned it should never had got this far in the first place, but its also very difficult to do what you want to do with a track this time of year due to our lovely British weather. Rain ruins plans, and how..

The EL reguardless of what people say its still a step up from the PL, and with that comes a higher wage bill.

To be fair, this situation should never had rose if the track was done as it was originally laid out to be. Fans would have come through the turnstyles and season tickets would have sold, with that the cashflow would have been that much better and riders would have been paid.

So in all you have to say the balls up with the track shape from the get go has been there downfall, but now its down to the fans to get behind the club, and down to the promotion to entice the fans to go, even if it means danglling a carrot.

p

Fair comment Starman but every club loses fans when teams regularly perform badly but the bottom line is that if Leicester go under the Sky deal goes out the window . That is the gravity of the situation.

In a way I feel sorry for DH. People say he has brought it all on himself, and that may or may not be so, but I don't want to see any promoter losing so much money he has to pull out of the sport.

• Like 1

p

Fair comment Starman but every club loses fans when teams regularly perform badly but the bottom line is that if Leicester go under the Sky deal goes out the window . That is the gravity of the situation.

In a way I feel sorry for DH. People say he has brought it all on himself, and that may or may not be so, but I don't want to see any promoter losing so much money he has to pull out of the sport.

I agree with your top sentence and a half, but i get the impression that the promotion have brought all this on themselves.

It would be nice for someone in the uper ranks to come clean and let all the fans actually know, what is happening at the club. There just seems to be so very little forth coming in the way of any other riders after it was announced that they would have been signed and named before Christmas. Now we are nearly into February at still no sign of them.

Are things really a bit rocky as far as the money goes. We the fans never get to find out, how the club stands.

That sounds more like it then, maybe someone at Swindon have been wispering in his ear.

No one said that the remaining riders would be signed by Christmas; it was said that they HOPED that they would be signed by Christmas!

Its very likely that those two are linked.

You can't expect people to buy season tickets when they don't know what they will be getting.

people who bought season tickets 2 years ago lost out on about £40 and were never reimbursed , no surprise then ,that folks are reluctant to part with a lump sum .without even the expectation of getting some benefit

• Like 1

It would just be nice, if the management made a small coment on the website, letting the fans know, that at least they had a few riders to look into to fill the final team slots. But they just love to keep everything so hush hush.

I saw a sign on the back of a local boxing club van today and I think it fits the bill here.

When you come up against a brick wall. Eith climb over it. Over better still just go through it.

Or is it just a fact that there are no riders willing to sign for the Lions. Come on give us some idea, what is actually going on

It would just be nice, if the management made a small coment on the website, letting the fans know, that at least they had a few riders to look into to fill the final team slots. But they just love to keep everything so hush hush.

I saw a sign on the back of a local boxing club van today and I think it fits the bill here.

When you come up against a brick wall. Eith climb over it. Over better still just go through it.

Or is it just a fact that there are no riders willing to sign for the Lions. Come on give us some idea, what is actually going on

biggest problem as I see it is racing Saturday nights had the club made the switch to an alternative race night early in the closed season maybe Doyle would still be at the club Saturday night speedway just doesn't work just look at the clubs that switched race nights when the SGP and racing in Poland became the be all and end all .

p

I agree with your top sentence and a half, but the problem is from what i read and was told the track was altered before it was even laid, and if that was the case then they've made their own bed. Nobody wants to see clubs lose money, but you have to make sure you don't do that in the first place.

Edited by Starman2006

Always liked Seba when he rode for Swindon - was that about 10 years ago? Fantastic gater in his time but is he up for a watered down EL?

He's 40 now but seems to score well in Poland's 2nd division still. They will be a fair bit below the limit.

Edited by woz01

Wallasek AND Ulamek. Grab a grandad night in Leicester o Saturday nights then. Are they changing the name of the stadium to the ritz. 😂 combined age of 150 there