British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

Hi,

We have had so much rain over this winter its very difficult to get turns 3 and 4 finished. I am not going to dig up 1 and 2 and not be able to get it hard enough to race on.

Its a weeks work to do if the weather is good . We have been on 3 and 4 now for 5 weeks. So what I can say is that it will be done when the weather allows us to do it.

I put 40 ton of shale on 3/4 and now its like cement slurry. I have another 40 ton to put on but I fear I may have to take most of the wet stuff off at the moment its so wet I can't even pick it up in the tractor bucket.

Its like trying to pick up water.

Glyn

• Like 2

Hi,

We have had so much rain over this winter its very difficult to get turns 3 and 4 finished. I am not going to dig up 1 and 2 and not be able to get it hard enough to race on.

Its a weeks work to do if the weather is good . We have been on 3 and 4 now for 5 weeks. So what I can say is that it will be done when the weather allows us to do it.

I put 40 ton of shale on 3/4 and now its like cement slurry. I have another 40 ton to put on but I fear I may have to take most of the wet stuff off at the moment its so wet I can't even pick it up in the tractor bucket.

Glyn

Thanks Glyn. That's really helpful. Unfortunately the forecast doesn't look too good!

Hi,

Glyn

There's no rush with the track as they haven't got 2 key riders to make a team worth watching yet.

I guess season ticket sales have not gone very well.

Glynn.

It looks like the weather will be holding up any other work to the track before the seson starts. Will there be any other chances to get this work done once the seson gets under way.

Maybe when they have the lay off for the world cup series, because it would be such a shame not to see the work through till its conclusion.

Looks like it may have been the lions that have yet to pay Doyle. He's just tweeted his displeasure at not getting paid, insinuating he was promised money in September and is yet to receive it. Looking worryingly unprofessional.

Are there financial concerns? Rumours that masters didn't sign because he wasn't offered much of a wage, Doyle not getting paid..? I wonder why no one wants to sign for us...

It is worrying times for the Lions with the problems of not being able to field a competitive team, a handful of season tickets sold and now not paying riders money owed.

I wonder how much is Hemsley not wanting to pay Doyle as he left or simply hasn't got the money which I understand is a sizeable amount as for about 5-6 meetings.

I do know 2016 signings were told no money until Feb if wanted signing on fee there may be more departures yet

It is worrying times for the Lions with the problems of not being able to field a competitive team, a handful of season tickets sold and now not paying riders money owed.

I wonder how much is Hemsley not wanting to pay Doyle as he left or simply hasn't got the money which I understand is a sizeable amount as for about 5-6 meetings.

I do know 2016 signings were told no money until Feb if wanted signing on fee there may be more departures yet

Flagrag, with the track shape being changed and hopefully for the better it is now down to the fans to show there support and loyalty to keep the club going.

Sofar as the track is concerned it should never had got this far in the first place, but its also very difficult to do what you want to do with a track this time of year due to our lovely British weather. Rain ruins plans, and how..

The EL reguardless of what people say its still a step up from the PL, and with that comes a higher wage bill.

To be fair, this situation should never had rose if the track was done as it was originally laid out to be. Fans would have come through the turnstyles and season tickets would have sold, with that the cashflow would have been that much better and riders would have been paid.

So in all you have to say the balls up with the track shape from the get go has been there downfall, but now its down to the fans to get behind the club, and down to the promotion to entice the fans to go, even if it means danglling a carrot.

• Like 1

Looks like it may have been the lions that have yet to pay Doyle. He's just tweeted his displeasure at not getting paid, insinuating he was promised money in September and is yet to receive it. Looking worryingly unprofessional.

Are there financial concerns? Rumours that masters didn't sign because he wasn't offered much of a wage, Doyle not getting paid..? I wonder why no one wants to sign for us...

Are you certain its the Lions who have not paid Jason? Don't forget he was guesting for other EL teams as well as riding in Poland and Sweden.

It would be nice for someone in the uper ranks to come clean and let all the fans actually know, what is happening at the club. There just seems to be so very little forth coming in the way of any other riders after it was announced that they would have been signed and named before Christmas. Now we are nearly into February at still no sign of them.

Are things really a bit rocky as far as the money goes. We the fans never get to find out, how the club stands.

I'm told the money Doyle was set to receive was linked to a loyalty bonus which Doyle broke the terms of.

That sounds more like it then, maybe someone at Swindon have been wispering in his ear.

• Like 1