British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

I am 'reliably' informed that that is very much not the case. BR could be as boring as the next.

The visiting riders have never had a problem

I take it you never went personally........obviously not every meeting was fantastic but generally there would be good racing on a fair track......I would say I have never seen a match at Beaumont Park that has surpassed any match at Blackbird Road racing wise.

What do you mean visiting riders have never had a problem? If you are referring to passing I would very much doubt that visiting riders find it easy to pass at BP the same as the home riders.

Leicester Speedway....4 Riders......4 Laps.....No passing after 2nd bend 1st lap!.

I am 'reliably' informed that that is very much not the case. BR could be as boring as the next.

Dont feed the troll Tina , I know the source/s of your reliable information , I would much rather take their word than argue with Leicesters joint biggest embarrasment

• Like 2

It certainly could be at times. Sometimes it had to be prepared so as toget ameeying on and completed.But that was well balanced by the opposite.

No trouble passing at BP for visitors? I raise you Craig Cook at his NL prime struggling for 3 laps to get past Alex Edberg in 2013 for one example!

Dont feed the troll Tina , I know the source/s of your reliable information , I would much rather take their word than argue with Leicesters joint biggest embarrasment

Who asked you!

You know nothing you halfwit especially about Speedway.

I don't mind being a joint embarrassment at Leicester but you "my friend" are the sole embarrassment at soon to be homeless Coventry ha ha.

I presume your lad has hung up his boots then.......what a pair of losers you are!

Edited by mrcts

It certainly could be at times. Sometimes it had to be prepared so as toget ameeying on and completed.But that was well balanced by the opposite.

No trouble passing at BP for visitors? I raise you Craig Cook at his NL prime struggling for 3 laps to get past Alex Edberg in 2013 for one example!

NL prime?

You could also argue Iversen behind Mads. Isn't it part of track craft to stop your opponent from passing you by blocking him? Hence team riding.

One thing I do believe is points surpass entertainment these days not sure about the 'old days' but racing and entertaining is classed as chucking 'points away'.

Edited by TMW

NL prime?

You could also argue Iversen behind Mads. Isn't it part of track craft to stop your opponent from passing you by blocking him? Hence team riding.

One thing I do believe is points surpass entertainment these days not sure about the 'old days' but racing and entertaining is classed as chucking 'points away'.

The skill involved in sticking to the racing line (note singular) and thereby denying a quicker opponent from getting past is rather different to anticipating, reacting to and blocking a rider's moves on a track which offers multiple racing lines.

Similarly, the need for team riding is rendered almost redundant where the racing line is the singular variety.Maybe at BP the team riding goes on in bends 1 and 2, for instance Kauko and Magnus used to have a neat little double move going on - but after that..??

I don't think it's just a simple case of "either/or" - you can get entertaining matches with the "right" result. Yes, a belter of a heat 15 decider (with the right outcome) can very occasioally outweigh 14 heats of procession sometimes because you go away with that race in your mind.

NL prime?

I dont think there was ever a time when points didn't surpass entertainment . I can remember some cracking meetings over the years , but cannot remember ever being happy with my team losing after being involved in one of them . I dont think riders ever thought in terms of entertaining .winning was always the aim , but at a slower pace and with more dirt , options to correct a poor start or help your team partner were more plentiful and possible , so watching riders taking those options was entertaining

• Like 1

Rejoice rejoice, they'll be dancing in the streets of Leicester

:o:neutral::o

I'm just off up the shed to whittle a couple of thousand wooden spoons cos there going to sell quicker than season tickets I reckon

Happy new year to all as the season of good cheer has obviously gone

Relatively happy with Klindt but do hope he's the lesser of the two second strings. We could still form a fairly competitive team, largely thanks to the strength st reserve

I agree with you to a degree but we need a big hitter to get bums on seats

Who it will be,I haven't a clue

Shirl

As has been pointed out, there's still plenty of points to play with. Klindt averaged upwards of 8.5 at home for us in 2013. Plenty of people slating the team before it's been completed.

And a premier league team!? There's exaggerating and then there's just being facetious. Find a premier league team with auty and starke at reserve, with walasek not at number 1 and I won't point out the utter nonsense people spout on here.

Interesting piece in the Leicester Mercury on-line edition concerning track alterations. Changes are being made to the bends & the new shape is being marked out by Glyn Taylor in readiness for the infield to be cut this week before the foundations & new shale are laid. Glyn says he hopes it will give riders more manoeuvrability when entering & exiting the bends. DH said it was in response to views of the supporters & hopes to see an increase in support.

At least they've got the right man doing the alterations this time, lets hope he's left alone to do his way & we might see some improvement in the standard of racing next season.

• Like 3

Nicolai Klindt has rejoined Leicester.[/

Didn't Norrie Allen say that No more Danes will ever ride for Leicester while he is manager, does this mean a new manager is needed?

Apparently he's based in the UK, and supports Liverpool. So that probably gives him exemption status.

Interesting piece in the Leicester Mercury on-line edition concerning track alterations. Changes are being made to the bends & the new shape is being marked out by Glyn Taylor in readiness for the infield to be cut this week before the foundations & new shale are laid. Glyn says he hopes it will give riders more manoeuvrability when entering & exiting the bends. DH said it was in response to views of the supporters & hopes to see an increase in support.

At least they've got the right man doing the alterations this time, lets hope he's left alone to do his way & we might see some improvement in the standard of racing next season.

If it was legal I'd keep DH tied to a chair in a locked room during this work being done.

• Like 3

DH said he had the best track in speedway that produced awesome racing ?

Last time changes were made it was laughable shaving 12inches off the entrance to the corner, the straights needs shortening by 3 or 4 metres to make any difference.

Will speedflash come on and say what his plans are to improve ?