British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

speedbee, I personally park in the disabled places, and I for one are not a fake, I use a wheelchair, same as the fellow who sits beside me and the other guy who uses a wheelchair who has no legs, so that is 3 that I know of that use the parking spaces that are needed. But yes as you say there are an awful lot out there with a blue badge, that when I try to get a space somewhere and see all the places have been taken by those who park thier car and walk off, it gets my back up, not that my back could get up if it wanted to, as it has been broken now in so many places that I wonder if there is any place left for it to crumble again.

Honestly though, I can't really see who they are going to get in to fill the team places, that are going to get the fans to bother turning out on a Saturday night. I for one have very big doubts about going next season. What's the point of going to see a team that would be better in the PL, that the EL from what is left to fill the remaning slots. We may be in for a shock. But I doubt it very much.

Can't see any sense in what DH is doing other than close the club. Because if he doe's not some decent riders, then I fear that the number of people who turn up to pay £18, will be very few and far between. Is this what he plans, to do, hope not as the sport has been a long time coming back to the City.

speedbee, I personally park in the disabled places, and I for one are not a fake, I use a wheelchair, same as the fellow who sits beside me and the other guy who uses a wheelchair who has no legs, so that is 3 that I know of that use the parking spaces that are needed. But yes as you say there are an awful lot out there with a blue badge, that when I try to get a space somewhere and see all the places have been taken by those who park thier car and walk off, it gets my back up, not that my back could get up if it wanted to, as it has been broken now in so many places that I wonder if there is any place left for it to crumble again.

Honestly though, I can't really see who they are going to get in to fill the team places, that are going to get the fans to bother turning out on a Saturday night. I for one have very big doubts about going next season. What's the point of going to see a team that would be better in the PL, that the EL from what is left to fill the remaning slots. We may be in for a shock. But I doubt it very much.

Can't see any sense in what DH is doing other than close the club. Because if he doe's not some decent riders, then I fear that the number of people who turn up to pay £18, will be very few and far between. Is this what he plans, to do, hope not as the sport has been a long time coming back to the City.

It's all a bit of a vicious circle IMHO . the rest of the BSPA members do like a whipping boy , and considering they should think that whats good for Leicester , is good also for them , they are less than helpful , the other side of the coin is St David syndrome , he thinks that everyone including the other promotions owe him something for re-opening Leicester , and he doesnt listen to anyones advice such is his arrogance , I don't think a great deal to the people who run speedway in the UK but surely they wont see Leicester Drop out without lending a hand somehow to ensure a competitive team , One thing I give Hemsley credit for is not being held to ransom by Doyle over race night , but I think his reluctance to accept the inevitable will come back to bite him as far as team building goes . who knows this time next week could see an announcement that he has broke the bank and signed Gollob or Sajfutdinov . whatever happens I doubt he will do the sensible thing and apply to rejoin the Premeir league ,

• Like 5

Gollob has signed for Wroclaw alongside Woffinden and Janowski who also won't be riding here like Jedrzejak and Pavlic too.

Wolves are starting with a number one with a 6.80 average in Kylmakorpi and it's likley he won't be the lowest number one in the Elite League thanks to Leicester and the look who's left seven

If Buster thinks that a one/two night EL and/or team berth sharing could happen why did it not this year to help our league? Or is Buster just hopeful and will these measures never be voted in?

Why are the promoters not seemingly doing the best for their businesses? Or is it they can't see/afford a way forward?

I cannot believe that they don't see Woffinden et al racing over here as a good thing for the league and each of their businesses? Or having asked the riders, even if they were offered less matches, one/two nights a week, are they not bothered/too mercenary to race in the BEL?

If Buster thinks that a one/two night EL and/or team berth sharing could happen why did it not this year to help our league? Or is Buster just hopeful and will these measures never be voted in?

Why are the promoters not seemingly doing the best for their businesses? Or is it they can't see/afford a way forward?

I cannot believe that they don't see Woffinden et al racing over here as a good thing for the league and each of their businesses? Or having asked the riders, even if they were offered less matches, one/two nights a week, are they not bothered/too mercenary to race in the BEL?

CVS stated only one promotion was against it for 2016 but is likely to happen in 2017

I think you will find the BSPA conducted all the business for the coming year prior to the election of the New Chairman. What an arse about face way of doing things. From my experience electing a new Chairman was always the first job at the AGM. Anyway, Buster ideas will have to wait till next year when hopefully things will change.

• Like 2

I think you will find the BSPA conducted all the business for the coming year prior to the election of the New Chairman. What an arse about face way of doing things. From my experience electing a new Chairman was always the first job at the AGM. Anyway, Buster ideas will have to wait till next year when hopefully things will change.

Yeah I know all that, not what I am saying though, guess I am asking opinions really about Buster's ideas .... and why they haven'the been done already .....

CVS stated only one promotion was against it for 2016 but is likely to happen in 2017

So why did it not happen, is that not a yes vote? Edited by Trees

Nikolai Klindt has told Sportowe Fakty that he's changed teams in this country.

Yeah I know all that, not what I am saying though, guess I am asking opinions really about Buster's ideas .... and why they haven'the been done already .....

So why did it not happen, is that not a yes vote?

As I understand it, it was never an option for this season but something to be thought about for 2017 and beyond.

I think big changes like this should be proposed a year in advance, so that the creases can be ironed out before it is implemented.

The problem is, the proposals are always so high level they don't give anyone a chance to plan ahead.

• Like 1

It's in the speedway star by the sounds of it Kenni Larsen would like to ride over here would he not be a decent option?

He would be. But, does it come with the same caveat i.e. "I would like to race in the UK but not on Saturday night"

Lets not forget some teams would have to give notice to their landlords/other stadium users for a change of race night - depending which nights are being proposed!!? Its clearly not so straightforward for clubs that share with with greyhounds 2 or 3 times a week or other motor sport. to make an immediate decision.

• Like 2

So why did it not happen, is that not a yes vote?

If one promoter says no then it's a no!

In fairness they were trying to implement something when perhaps some (well one at least!) Was already too far down the line in team building.

Thankfully the rider share / 2 nite EL is likely in 2017 tho.

Lets not forget some teams would have to give notice to their landlords/other stadium users for a change of race night - depending which nights are being proposed!!? Its clearly not so straightforward for clubs that share with with greyhounds 2 or 3 times a week or other motor sport. to make an immediate decision.

Yeah but we've been talking about this for years, have they not?? Rider position share could easily have been implemented this season, why wait .... so frustrating. OK so probably not as easy as I think but they are constantly in contact ...... tch!!!

If one promoter says no then it's a no!

In fairness they were trying to implement something when perhaps some (well one at least!) Was already too far down the line in team building.

Thankfully the rider share / 2 nite EL is likely in 2017 tho.

More fool him for jumping the gun I would say ..... ffs!

So how many EL clubs next season, will there be that are actually fielding a proper EL team. Not that many by the looks of things, I just hope that they don't get to the stage where the supporters say enough is enough and find the nearest PL team to support.

They will be watching most of the same riders for less spent on the gate.

Just a thought, call anyone mane a team other than Swidon, who suddenly after all these years suddenly want to have Jason back in the team.

More fool him for jumping the gun I would say ..... ffs!

CVS said that the promoter was already down close to sorting a deal with a rider and didn't want the option of a job share affecting the deal.

You can't blame any promoter for wanting to tie up deals early on however in this instance I can't see how for fairness for all the jobs share wasn't voted in.

So how many EL clubs next season, will there be that are actually fielding a proper EL team. Not that many by the looks of things, I just hope that they don't get to the stage where the supporters say enough is enough and find the nearest PL team to support.

Bit of a daft comment.

Why would supporters of a weak team want to go and watch an even weaker team?

Chelsea aren't doing very well in the football Premier League.....will all their fans go to watch Leyton Orient?

The weakest EL speedway team would anihilate the strongest PL team....That shows that the Elite are Elite, but the Premier certainly aren't Premier

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 1

CVS said that the promoter was already down close to sorting a deal with a rider and didn't want the option of a job share affecting the deal.

You can't blame any promoter for wanting to tie up deals early on however in this instance I can't see how for fairness for all the jobs share wasn't voted in.

But what about all the other promotions, selfish and surely bad for BSPA business as a whole ...