British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

Not seen any mention of THJ anywhere but here, but no one seems to suggest he's turned us down (admittedly, no ones mentioned we've approached him) but if we were to get him, I think we'd have 3 handy heatleaders there... No standout rider, but collectively strong throughout. I'd rather have THJ, Wozniak and Walasek than the Wolves trio of Lindgren, Bech and Kylmakorpi for example.

I'd like Leicester to have that top 3 too. Don't think you could pick a worse top 3 if you tried!

THJ always struggles in the EL and would easily be the worst of the supposed top riders.

DH has declared his intention to run EL and is part of the BSPA group agreement to the format, points limit and Heat Leader list that all others have agreed to.

He surely couldn't have been surprised at losing Doyle - however much he may say publicly, so must have had other riders in mind already!! If he didn't, then its no good blaming others.

Is that for real? They're not that far apart.

What ~ Leicester and Glasgow? :shock: Looks quite a long way apart to me. :lol:

• Like 1

Rick Frost seems to have gone very quiet on his demands for an independent body to run the sport since he got hooked up,with Ford. Strange that, especially since him and Trump practically brought the sport to its knees with his demands for one five years ago.

He admitted to being very naïve in being led down that particular garden path by Trumpton and Grubby!! :P

In any case, nobody has been able to come up with any single person who is 'independent', let alone a whole body!!

I'd like Leicester to have that top 3 too. Don't think you could pick a worse top 3 if you tried!

THJ always struggles in the EL and would easily be the worst of the supposed top riders.

Interesting theory... Wozniak went from strength to strength last year, including making the pass that got us the away win at Wolves in heat 15, to take us above you in the table. Walasek who was absolutely brilliant when fit and thj who didn't disgrace himself in the gps.

You really think that's a worse three than a worsening lindgren, average kylmakorpi and a bech that's never lived up to his potential?

SteveBum says THJ is poor in the EL yet he should be classed as a heatleader.

Brum Logic

He was in the GP's last season so if course he should.

Doesn't make him a good heat leader given his previous EL form.

Feel free to prove me wrong with mind blowing stats of his illustrious EL career.

I'll be sitting a long time waiting.

Probably the most overrated rider in the last 10 years.

Interesting theory... Wozniak went from strength to strength last year, including making the pass that got us the away win at Wolves in heat 15, to take us above you in the table. Walasek who was absolutely brilliant when fit and thj who didn't disgrace himself in the gps.

You really think that's a worse three than a worsening lindgren, average kylmakorpi and a bech that's never lived up to his potential?

Didn't disgrace himself in the GP's, really? ?

14th place and 40 points away from the top 8.

Besides the odd decent ride he was a complete deadweight, as predicted.

Wozniak looks decent, although we all know about 2nd season syndrome.

Rider for rider I'd say lindgren easily over THJ. Bech over Wozniak whilst it's narrow between Walasek and Joonas.

So yes more than happy with our 3 over that proposed 3.

bearing in mind those 3 aren't signed so it's hardly a discussion worth continuing.

From what i understand THJ has been approached by Leicester and is interested but is not willing to commit until he knows what is happening with riding in Poland next season. In this lower quality league I think he would have been a good signing to go with Doyle,Wozniak and Walasek but with the current options he seems a big risk.

I know some fans don't and can't understand the Poland problem on Sunday's these clubs get big crowds,Plenty of sponsors so can pay riders big wages. In return they expect you to be 100% at your best and do as they say.

So this means they like the UK,Danish,Swedish based riders to fly over Saturday morning/Lunchtime then often a practice session at the home track followed by a meal with sponsors and club officials. On the Sunday they then like the riders there nice and early to bond and discuss the meeting.

So as you can see Leicester's Saturday night racing just does not work with travelling to Beaumont park then riding the meeting leaving the track around 10pm to get to Stansted around half past midnight. Maybe 3 or 4 hours sleep in a hotel or on a bench in the terminal before a 6-7am flight which is often full of screaming kids and Ryanair constantly trying to seek their things. Once in Poland riders can have a few hours drive to get to meetings then they need to check equipment and maybe fit an engine.

Hopefully this helps explain why so many riders do not want to come to Leicester for Saturday night racing I know a few riders said to Doyley and Wozniak they don't know how they do it so regular as it tired them out just doing it 2 or 3 times a year.

• Like 3

From what i understand THJ has been approached by Leicester and is interested but is not willing to commit until he knows what is happening with riding in Poland next season. In this lower quality league I think he would have been a good signing to go with Doyle,Wozniak and Walasek but with the current options he seems a big risk.

I know some fans don't and can't understand the Poland problem on Sunday's these clubs get big crowds,Plenty of sponsors so can pay riders big wages. In return they expect you to be 100% at your best and do as they say.

When then get paid...

Please sign THJ, then we can see who leaves and gets bored first between him and KK :rofl:

KK has been sacked 3 times in 12 years. Bech has been sacked once in 3. You might want to worry about your own riders getting sacked for "taking advantage" (to quote Jon Cook)

How about this team?

1 Piotr Protasiewicz 7.67
2 Linus Sundstrom 7.22
3 Gregorz Walasek 5.91
4 Thomas H Jonasson 5.69
5 Szymon Wozniak 5.51
6 Josh Auty 4.80
7 Paul Starke 3.60
Total: 40.40

Would be an absolutely quality team, but the likelihood of convincing them all to race not only in the elite league, but in the elite league for leicester on a saturday night, when they're all likely to be racing in Poland on Sunday the next day is a problem.

Never has been over here, and going on averages won't be.

Doesn't mean to say he shouldn't be given he is fresh out of racing in the GP's.

For a rider who has never really lit up the EL and has never been a heat leader over here, i don't think the fact he was in the gp's should count considering how badly he did in them but he is worth his current average and did well for poole when he rode for them but that was mainly at reserve.