British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

Glad you admit it. Now please jump off the Poole bandwagon, its getting very tiresome.

It sure is...... Every club and supporter in the land is finding this perpetual droll very tiresome...... Its all but killed my interest. Never thought I could feel this way about a sport I've followed for years.... But the consistent inefficiency, of the BSPA, to govern in a clear and fair manner, has just about destroyed everything the sport stood for.

All we have left now is comments like the above, from people who haven't got a clue about the damages being done, as long as their beloved team are able rule the roost.

For God Sake Man....... Open your eyes and see the real world..........

• Like 1

I've already said elsewhere that I don't totally blame Matt Ford for this. I blame the BSPA as a collective. They're the mugs who have voted in too high a points limit, voted in a rule that gets Buzz to second string and voted in a rule that brings in draft riders on their converted PL averages. They're all mad. But there no denying that just about every rule has benefited Poole to the detriment of others. It's ok Starman being all smug (look up 6 posts) but some of us like to look at the bigger picture and killing off Leicester to Poole can win is not good. Poole need to win has also more or less killed off Peterborough as an EL club and could see Coventry killed too. But it's ok, Poole have all those nice shiny trophies, the issue is that in a year or twos time a league of Poole and BV won't be much fun!

Buzz isn't a 2nd string! What has been stated is that Buzz didn't meet the criteria to go on the HL list (due to him not riding in 2015!!) He will however line-up for Poole in one of the top 3 positions because his last average is higher than Hans' current average.

Newman would have been selected by Poole at reserve in any case - whatever his average - as their protected rider. In fact with a combined reserve average of 7.10 for 2016 compared to 6.50 in 2015, Poole actually have fewer points to build their 1-5 than in 2015.

All teams have exactly the same opportunity to build to whatever points limit is agreed. Those clubs that according to some are struggling just because they haven't announced their whole team yet, are only disadvantaged because the riders that are available do not wish to ride on inconvenient race nights, whether they build to 40.5 or 38 or whatever.

To blame Poole for 'killing off' the likes of Leicester, Peterborough and Coventry is utter biased nonsense with no founding whatsoever other than in the warped, jealous and deluded mind of the poster with a self-confessed anti-Poole view and quite frankly is way below the usual standard of your posts.

ps. Apologies Leicester fans.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

It sure is...... Every club and supporter in the land is finding this perpetual droll very tiresome...... Its all but killed my interest. Never thought I could feel this way about a sport I've followed for years.... But the consistent inefficiency, of the BSPA, to govern in a clear and fair manner, has just about destroyed everything the sport stood for.

All we have left now is comments like the above, from people who haven't got a clue about the damages being done, as long as their beloved team are able rule the roost.

For God Sake Man....... Open your eyes and see the real world..........

But you are completely missing the point. WHO'S FAULT IS IT ? I have stated many many times why British speedway will NOT get the big boys back here, and clearly this seems to fall on deaf ears..

Sorry Leicester fans, but one or two on here seem to want to drag things on.

Edited by Starman2006

But you are completely missing the point. WHO'S FAULT IS IT ? I have stated many many times why British speedway will NOT get the big boys back here, and clearly this seems to fall on deaf ears..

Sorry Leicester fans, but one or two on here seem to want to drag things on.

No we're not missing the point. The point is that theres been a cock up. The point is that things are not fair. The point is Leciester are buggered but people like you don't care because all is well at their won club and things will never change due to this self interest,

No we're not missing the point. The point is that theres been a cock up. The point is that things are not fair. The point is Leciester are buggered but people like you don't care because all is well at their won club and things will never change due to this self interest,

I beg your pardon, i do care, but again you never answered the question, who has buggered things up hmm? WHO'S FAULT IS IT ? All your posts are centred round poole. Ive told you many times why the top boys will not come back to this country, and one for MOST clubs is affordabillity.

So what the hell do you want, because you keep going round and round in circles. It just happens that Matt is a lot shrewder and quicker off the mark.

I beg your pardon, i do care, but again you never answered the question, who has buggered things up hmm? WHO'S FAULT IS IT ? All your posts are centred round poole. Ive told you many times why the top boys will not come back to this country, and one for MOST clubs is affordabillity.

So what the hell do you want, because you keep going round and round in circles. It just happens that Matt is a lot shrewder and quicker off the mark.

It's nothing to do with "the top boys". And you claim we're missing the point.

I've also told you many times whos fault it is.

I've also explained how to solve it!

I said the other week that the way things are going in the EL, I have my doubts to whether or not I turn out to drive the 25 miles to come and see the Lions, from what I can see of things, if they do manage to get a team together to stay in the EL next year, then at the moment it would make the Lions look a laughing stock of the league, having to bring in a glut of PL riders to make up the team, and end up at the bottom of the league without scoring a point.

I am already looking at opions to take my grandson to Darley Moor to watch the road racing there same distance away from our house and have the price for twice as many hours racing and at a more sensible start time so we get home well before we do when we come to see the Lions.

It will all depend on who they get in the team, that is even if they manage to run in any league this year.

DH should hang his head in shame, and give the club away for free to someone who cares about the sport.

The Saturday race night will restrict the choice of rider at the top of the team due to Poland. However, Doyle proved that it can be done and there were many rider years ago who used to ride Sat nights and then Poland on Sundays. The flight situation is now easier than ever - I can only think they must earn so much from Poland that it makes UK racing not worth their while. What the BSPA should be doing is ensuring the continuation and growth of speedway by looking after all clubs. I don't have the information to say that this has not been done but they have implemented rider control before!

By the way, is Buzz owned by Rik Frost, now of Poole? Have to agree with others, the opacity and subjectivity of the HL list leaves us all guessing a bit - they have a habit of doing this with various lists etc.

So Buzskowski starts as heatleader? If so, no problem....carry on!

On the main topic, I feel bad for Leicester.

It looks pretty grim but hopefully something can be pulled out of the bag.

I hope other clubs in the league support them where possible as an uncompetitive Leicester side will kill off even more credibility of the elite league.

• Like 1

It's nothing to do with "the top boys". And you claim we're missing the point.

I've also told you many times whos fault it is.

I've also explained how to solve it!

Try again, i missed it in translation. And its nothing to do with poole.

The more I hear and the longer this goes on the more i think that Leicester will not run in 2016.

Unless they have a change of heart I understand that both Batchelor and North have said No to Leicester already and Barker and Glasgow are unsure about riding on Saturday then straight up to Scotland.

Walasek will be signing soon it is just agreeing with Poole the loan fee as I did hear Leicester wanted to pay it on a month by month basis when he rides so if like last year he gets injured they only pay the loan for when he rides, another Barmy idea from DH

The more I hear and the longer this goes on the more i think that Leicester will not run in 2016.

Unless they have a change of heart I understand that both Batchelor and North have said No to Leicester already and Barker and Glasgow are unsure about riding on Saturday then straight up to Scotland.

Walasek will be signing soon it is just agreeing with Poole the loan fee as I did hear Leicester wanted to pay it on a month by month basis when he rides so if like last year he gets injured they only pay the loan for when he rides, another Barmy idea from DH

Is that for real? They're not that far apart.

Tongue in cheek, maybe, but if we were at the start of team building and told we had Wozniak signed, Walasek about to put pen to paper... and arguably the best reserve pairing in the league, we'd be thinking we'd have a good septet in the making. If we didn't know all these riders had said no to us, we'd possibly be getting excited.

Not seen any mention of THJ anywhere but here, but no one seems to suggest he's turned us down (admittedly, no ones mentioned we've approached him) but if we were to get him, I think we'd have 3 handy heatleaders there... No standout rider, but collectively strong throughout. I'd rather have THJ, Wozniak and Walasek than the Wolves trio of Lindgren, Bech and Kylmakorpi for example.

If we were then to add say Steady and Barker (as seems to be the suggestion on here), we would have a solid, but not necessarily big hitting side. I would however imagine that 7 (THJ, Stead, Walasek, Barker, Wozniak, Auty, Starke) would be fairly consistent in picking up points from 1-7. If we can just build a reasonable 1-5 that can compete with other teams, our reserves should be a lot more reliant than the previous two years in the elite league.

This is me being very optimistic, as it does look quite bleak at the moment... but surely, we've thrown together two make shift sides the last two years, and whilst not being in danger of winning trophies, haven't been a complete embarrassment, in my opinion.

What don't you get about clubs like Leicester being fecked? All because the BSPA have been so stupid?

And youi really think everyone started equally when the draft reserve come in on PL averages? Oh bless you.

I've said I blame over promoters too, try reading you bloody moron.

The asset system is killing Leicester.

The asset system is killing Leicester.

Not having many assets certainly doesn't help. I'd say the problem is more that the pool of potential riders is reduced enormously by the race night, the ruling out of riders from certain countries based on experiences with two or three people, and a track that for a lot of riders doesn't appeal as a home circuit.

• Like 1

.....ok, but people have been known to change their minds if they are asked a second time, and even a third time. Not over till the fat lady sings and all that.

By the way, is Buzz owned by Rik Frost, now of Poole? Have to agree with others, the opacity and subjectivity of the HL list leaves us all guessing a bit - they have a habit of doing this with various lists etc.

Rick Frost seems to have gone very quiet on his demands for an independent body to run the sport since he got hooked up,with Ford. Strange that, especially since him and Trump practically brought the sport to its knees with his demands for one five years ago.