British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

Just a question in regards to this race night and a competitive team and maybe a drop to the prem would be a backward step, if you had the choice via special magic, and you could have A, a team that is bottom 3 all season, but a track that produces the best pass pass pass speedway in the world, or B, a team that wins by 30 points every week but a track that produces "washing on a clothesline" racing.

What would you prefer?

Id pick the track every time myself, your point is fair though, but id much sooner pay to see a close exciting meeting with great racing every time even if it meant my team getting beaten most weeks, im not arguing the toss though, it was just a question of opinion. :t:

• Like 1

Because the financial reality is that some teams operate at different economic levels to others and fans can appreciate that. How many Mildenhall fans want to return to the PL? I'm sure there are Oxford fans who would have preferred a return to the PL and survival over going bust as an EL team in 2007.

That said Leicester are better equipped than most tracks to survive in the EL.

as I say,never understood why a fan says they prefer lower leagues..speedway is a sport, hence in competitive sport, surely any fan wants to see top flight...of course speedway isn't a professional run sport, and clearly dictated by finance constraints, so yes I understand your point..

Personally I would pick A as I'd prefer to see good racing but I suspect I am in a minority and most fans would select B with their team winning easily every week. 2004 stands out as a really enjoyable season for me but both the Bees and Cougars finished bottom of the league. You get used to it after a while and can just sit back and enjoy the racing. :lol:

Brandon closing is a forgone conclusion. If Cov go to new Stadium, which I hope they do, and Fri is an option. Why not?

Not tasteless at all you see. Maybe don't judge everyone by your own standards

Far be it for me to point out you appeared happy Coventry were closing so Leicester could have Fridays.

If that's your bag I don't need to judge you as you do it all by yourself.

Just a point , when Brandon closes and if a new site is sourced and track built won't they still, have seniority over Fridays.

So until that time any thoughts of getting Fridays appear tasteless IMHO.

No reply required, it's just my opinion.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

TMW. Agree there there has not been anything on the Lions site, for a few weeks now. Hope we get a few words from DH after the AGM. Any news on what is happening with Jason Doyle, his he coming back or have the management got to try and find a new No1.

TMW. Agree there there has not been anything on the Lions site, for a few weeks now. Hope we get a few words from DH after the AGM. Any news on what is happening with Jason Doyle, his he coming back or have the management got to try and find a new No1.

Hans Andersen is available if you're interested. :lol:

Expect an announcement about next year's team at the End of Season Party. I don't think that the 2 Ws are going to come over just for the food & drinks!

Leicester dont usually start putting their team together until all the other teams are complete , then they can have their pick of the leftovers