British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

As for clubs not wanting to race on Saturdays, I would think that Swindon would be the main club for that award as it would look rather silly, that Jason Doyle left the Lions because he didn't like racing on a Saturday.

Looking at the overhead shot of BP can only see any work done on turns 3/4 there are a few markers on turns 1/2 but if they are what they plan on taking off there, then it looks like it is only 12" or so and would not make those turns any better, can,t really see yet if the changes to turns 3/4 will make the racing any better, it will only be a case of the truth in the pudding is eating it.

As for clubs not wanting to race on Saturdays, I would think that Swindon would be the main club for that award as it would look rather silly, that Jason Doyle left the Lions because he didn't like racing on a Saturday.

Looking at the overhead shot of BP can only see any work done on turns 3/4 there are a few markers on turns 1/2 but if they are what they plan on taking off there, then it looks like it is only 12" or so and would not make those turns any better, can,t really see yet if the changes to turns 3/4 will make the racing any better, it will only be a case of the truth in the pudding is eating it.

Any alteration to the track has got to be better than doing nothing at all. I very much doubt the track curator would do the work if it wasn't meaningful. Judging by the aerial shot, those cones are a lot further in than 12" scaling it off the tractors on the track. Unless of course Glyn is using Britains tractors to do the work.

If you look at the photos on the Lion's web site you will see that they have taken at least 2 metres of bends 3 & 4 so I would guess that they would want to make sensible changes to bends 1 & 2 as well. Glyn is waiting for better weather (this may take some time!) to do bends 1 & 2. Perhaps Glyn could come on here and tell us when he hopes to start on 1 & 2.

Edited by Happy Hunter

To go with his inflated average no doubt!!!? :wink::D

His average is massively inflated but its not to say he wouldnt be a useful acquisition.

If his cost is as inflated, theres no way he'll be a lion. If they refused to shell out for Doyle last season and pay Masters a decent wage this year, I doubt they'll start now

Maybe Zengota has a false average due to second string races before he moved up but he was still scoring well in all the leagues he rode in regardless of the racing number.

Saturdays however do not fit in for him as he is a crucial member of his Polish team and rides in other countries. Shame as he would be a good signing for any team

The heat leader lists ceases being relevant after the first set of average. Zenghi has probably agreed to sign for someone after the first set of averages.

Coventry could be the most likely in that scenario with the riders they have currently signed - given his previous spell and his popularity.

• Like 1

Maybe Zengota has a false average due to second string races before he moved up but he was still scoring well in all the leagues he rode in regardless of the racing number.

Saturdays however do not fit in for him as he is a crucial member of his Polish team and rides in other countries. Shame as he would be a good signing for any team

Why would saturday be a problem as Polish meetings are on a sunday.

If you look at the photos on the Lion's web site you will see that they have taken at least 2 metres of bends 3 & 4 so I would guess that they would want to make sensible changes to bends 1 & 2 as well. Glyn is waiting for better weather (this may take some time!) to do bends 1 & 2. Perhaps Glyn could come on here and tell us when he hopes to start on 1 & 2.

The overheads don't do the changes justice..

The lines available going in to turn 3 and out of turn 4 have increased no end, makes inside dives, and outside drives, cut-backs all over the place!! The work is on going, and difficult with the water table being so damn high at the moment.. but it's getting there, wet feet or no wet feet!!,

Edited by Shale Searcher

Why not try and read speedflash's post #1047 dated 17th Jan on this subject. BTW, It's more like 3-4 metres.

• Like 1

Why not try and read speedflash's post #1047 dated 17th Jan on this subject. BTW, It's more like 3-4 metres.

As I said previously, the overhead drone shots do not show just how much more track will be available, and the new racing lines that will be usable.

You could place the orange tractor in the space between the old kerb and the new kerb at its widest. You will be able to turn in on 3, metres earlier, and turn in later to stretch the back straight and then cut back under the old lines exiting turn 4.

Much better...

• Like 1

Hope then that after this last storm is out of the way, that we have some fine weather so that the work can be started on turns 1/2, it would be graet to see it all come together before the new season starts.

• Like 1

Hope then that after this last storm is out of the way, that we have some fine weather so that the work can be started on turns 1/2, it would be graet to see it all come together before the new season starts.

And then you can show up and pay to get in every Saturday, sit and admire the track for a couple of hours, and go home happy without seeing any speedway because there isn't a team.

• Like 1

And then you can show up and pay to get in every Saturday, sit and admire the track for a couple of hours, and go home happy without seeing any speedway because there isn't a team.

Classy, Speedway fans mocking other Speedway fans about the decline of the Sport in this country affecting their club

Classy, Speedway fans mocking other Speedway fans about the decline of the Sport in this country affecting their club

Bit of harmless banter i think

....meanwhile, during the weather disruptions to track work up at BP, Glyn's Tommy Cooper impersonation lessons clearly still need a bit of work......

(see the most recent picture in the Gallery section of the Leicester Speedway website)

Edited by Big Al

Bit tentative that link , have you got a Mullet ?

Bit of harmless banter i think

....meanwhile, during the weather disruptions to track work up at BP, Glyn's Tommy Cooper impersonation lessons clearly still need a bit of work......

(see the most recent picture in the Gallery section of the Leicester Speedway website)

good god man , have you not learned yet . bit of a banter on a Leicester thread ,who sir ?,me sir ?. no.sir . bit of fun sir . how very dare you

• Like 2

Not quite as tentative as the link between wanting my club to field a septet and a haircut that I don't have

I think it is . since you have made no mention of septets , just whining like a true mullet wearer because someone sees the lighter side for change .