British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2016

The extra fans through the turnstiles would have paid for it many times over. Thought DH was supposed to be an astute businessman.

Not if it means admitting he got the shape wrong in the first place.

......mrcts.......what a bunch of moaning morons we have as supporters at Leicester....I'm a season ticket holder,I pay up front,why shouldn't I get the odd little perk......put up or shut up!

I think the moaning being done was more to do with the fact there would be a new secret Facebook group for season ticket holders only. No-one is saying season ticket holders shouldn't get extra perks but why does there have to be a secret group? Not everyone can afford a lump sum especially if more than one in the family is a supporter and paying at the gate doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

I think the moaning being done was more to do with the fact there would be a new secret Facebook group for season ticket holders only. No-one is saying season ticket holders shouldn't get extra perks but why does there have to be a secret group? Not everyone can afford a lump sum especially if more than one in the family is a supporter and paying at the gate doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Because if you have committed to shelling out for a season ticket .it's unlikely you will say anything The Hemsleys dont want to hear . so rahter than being an added bonus for season ticket holders . it's a dig at possibble dissenters

Fair play if you buy a season ticket you should get the odd perk but that should be price of it and maybe a set of free safety glasses to keep the shale out of your eyes but would I buy a season ticket so as I had access to a special Facebook page probably not.

Hardly a perk really

What a sad world we live in these days.

• Like 1

Fair play if you buy a season ticket you should get the odd perk but that should be price of it and maybe a set of free safety glasses to keep the shale out of your eyes but would I buy a season ticket so as I had access to a special Facebook page probably not.

Hardly a perk really

What a sad world we live in these days.

to be fair, last time i bought a season ticket for Leicester i worked out it cost £35 more than the actual value of the meetings they put on. Anyone having been through that and still buying season tickets for BP probably does need their own 'special' secret facebook page!

Thought DH was supposed to be an astute businessman.

link?

because Dave Hemsley couldn`t find anyone to pay for it then ;)

I don't believe that's true at all. To make that assumption makes light of the real reason everyone has had to put up paying for the tripe that's actually been on offer for the last five years!

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

The only one who seems to be in agreement on Facebook is Dave Howard and on here rmcts so if I add 2 + 2 together I wonder if it will make 4? :wink:

• Like 1

I'm hoping it's good enough to attract sky for a couple of extra meetings and reduced admission :rofl:

Reduced admission for sky is ok , but the downside is a meeting dragged on for 2 .1/2 hours and run at the directors call ,

The extra fans through the turnstiles would have paid for it many times over. Thought DH was supposed to be an astute businessman.

100 extra for say 15 meetings equates to approx. £30K more income. ie 5 times more than the initial outlay.

That's shorter than a non-televised meeting at BP.

Ok, so Blackbirds Rd, compared to Beaumont Park.

Old days, 7.30 or 7.45pm start, 13 races (main meeting) a track grade after every race, then interval, then 7/8 race second half.. then the learners until lights out.. approx 22.00/22.15hrs

Now, 7.30 start, 15 race main meeting, a track grade after heats 4, 7, 10 & 14 (usually) inc a 10/15 minute interval after heat 10, (weather permitting) Then a substantial track grade so the MDL riders get a reasonable surface to race on (6 race match) usually riders with 2 on trott, & Thompson Twins have a couple of races between races in the MDL match, so in total 23/24 races in total.. all done by 22.00/22.15hrs

What's it like elsewhere?

Edited by Shale Searcher

You need to watch more Colombo

Dave doesn't buy a season ticket

I can see where Janet comes from though Tina. You can usually tell the people involved in Leicester or part of their clique, both on here and other social media, by there unfailing pantronising tone and general rudeness to the common Leicester fans. Reading some of mcrts posts its probably easy to mistake him as someone who's might be part of the general unpleasantness and bullying that prevades social media from those that have or feel an association with the management.

interestingly, you dont need to be columbo to understand what i'm hinting at

Edited by volty

Reduced admission for sky is ok , but the downside is a meeting dragged on for 2 .1/2 hours and run at the directors call ,

Sky meetings are 2 hours.

No idea where you got the extra half hour from.

It's been 2 hrs for years.

It's only about 10-20 minutes longer.

I can see where Janet comes from though Tina. You can usually tell the people involved in Leicester or part of their clique, both on here and other social media, by there unfailing pantronising tone and general rudeness to the common Leicester fans. Reading some of mcrts posts its probably easy to mistake him as someone who's might be part of the general unpleasantness and bullying that prevades social media from those that have or feel an association with the management.

interestingly, you dont need to be columbo to understand what i'm hinting at

I have no connection to anyone at Leicester Speedway in any way,shape or form....I've been pretty critical about the people who run Leicester Speedway and are not part of any clique......to suggest that I bully anyone is beyond belief.....I say it as I perceive it right or wrong!

You need to watch more Colombo

Dave doesn't buy a season ticket

I already knew the answer would be 5 because he's one of the staff so would get in free. Just a shame he's pleased it's Coventry's last season (barring a miracle) as no fan should want a track to close. Worse still to gloat about it on the 'Save Coventry Speedway' page. Hope I never go in the car park or I might just be tempted to forget where my brake is if I see him. At my age I'd probably get away with it now and avoid a prison sentence. :lol:

......Shale Searcher......Ok, so Blackbirds Rd, compared to Beaumont Park.

Old days, 7.30 or 7.45pm start, 13 races (main meeting) a track grade after every race, then interval, then 7/8 race second half.. then the learners until lights out.. approx 22.00/22.15hrs

Now, 7.30 start, 15 race main meeting, a track grade after heats 4, 7, 10 & 14 (usually) inc a 10/15 minute interval after heat 10, (weather permitting) Then a substantial track grade so the MDL riders get a reasonable surface to race on (6 race match) usually riders with 2 on trott, & Thompson Twins have a couple of races between races in the MDL match, so in total 23/24 races in total.. all done by 22.00/22.15hrs

What's it like elsewhere?

Don't know but I've downloaded that little lot to see if it's correct when the season starts and compare the details to the other tracks I go to - Peterborough and Coventry. By the way you've missed out the sun break. :P

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

Curious, isn't it? Can't help think there are other factors at work than David Hemsley finally "seeing the light" and giving-in to supporters criticism.

Anyway, whatever the reasons, I'm not just presuming the changes will work in terms of creating more options for riders, so will be anticipating opinions and hopefully judge for myself after racing has resumed for at least a couple of months.

I also hope the excellent drainage installed when the track was initially built, and has saved many a match from being cancelled, will continue to be as effective with, by the sound of it, relatively minor adjustments (which has possibly helped a lot to keep the cost down to the figure quoted by Glyn).