British Speedway Forum

Stockholm Gp September 26

Straw man arguments. You all called robert72 a liar. I have agreed with his point. Yet rather than having the balls to apologise you just attack the next person.

Yes, I have for a long time been anti-Ward. The reason well documented and don't need dragging up now. I'd happily move on.

A speedway forum and we are talking National Anthems..must be the end of the season and we fans now in waiting for the mighty BSPA to meet at their AGM and come up with some ideas for us long suffering fans to debate - well lets say argue about.

But please, in the meantime God save us from more discussion on national anthems!

Most speedway fans here can't come up with sensible comment about speedway so there's little hope of getting sense on more complex subjects such as national anthems and systems of government.You just get ignorant prejudice and bull.

Anyway on a lighter note I went to all 3 Friends Arena Gps

2013 was very good

Last year was a bit bland

This year was pretty good, got better better after about heat 10

Any news on if there Will be another GP there?

Edited by PNYC

I don't get all the negativity regarding the GP. I went to the meeting with my father, and we both enjoyed it a lot. The venue was great, the track and the racing were good and the atmosphere was top notch.

Would go again, and recommend it to everyone. The location of the venue is also very convenient.

Would 2nd that-my 1st visit to Stockholm and the city is great. I do however think that the GP whole experience has become a bit flat-there needs to be more done to ramp up the atmosphere (the Poles can do it-so it can be done) .

Would 2nd that-my 1st visit to Stockholm and the city is great. I do however think that the GP whole experience has become a bit flat-there needs to be more done to ramp up the atmosphere (the Poles can do it-so it can be done) .

I THINK the atmosphere can largely depend on the performance of the home riders, especially in Sweden and Denmark. Cardiff tends to be an exception because British fans have traditionally cheered for just about everyone (maybe not Nicki!) and just a bit louder for the home stars.

I THINK the atmosphere can largely depend on the performance of the home riders, especially in Sweden and Denmark. Cardiff tends to be an exception because British fans have traditionally cheered for just about everyone (maybe not Nicki!) and just a bit louder for the home stars.

nicki is top box office and the sport would be worse off without him,he is a real legend on and off track

Edited by robert72
  • Like 3

Any news on if there Will be another GP there?

They signed a 5 year contract, starting from 2013, so I assume that they will stage another two GPs there.

I THINK the atmosphere can largely depend on the performance of the home riders, especially in Sweden and Denmark. Cardiff tends to be an exception because British fans have traditionally

cheered for just about everyone (maybe not Nicki!) and just a bit louder for the home stars.

IMO the main issue is that the arena is too big. Tele 2 Arena would IMO be a better choice, closer to the central city, easier transport (subway) and it's not as big as FA.

FA capacity is around 50'000 while Tele 2 Arena is only around 30'000. So I think it would be easier to get a good atmosphere at T2A.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Hi Philip-unless I missed something from lower back straight-where were the Swedish flags this year for the punters to wave.? It`s not only cheering for riders, every country has sing-a -long songs to get the crowd involved and in my opinion the music should be better.

Full 3 hour video(Polish) of the GP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOoFgZbLfj0

Hi Philip-unless I missed something from lower back straight-where were the Swedish flags this year for the punters to wave.? It`s not only cheering for riders, every country has sing-a -long songs to get the crowd involved and in my opinion the music should be better.

I SPENT the evening in the pits, watching on the TV screens at the scoreboard, but I think many will endorse your view. Will pass on to BSI....

The Section right on top of the start/finish line (the most expensive or VIP any other GP) was completely empty.Madness in my opinion. Couldn't understand that at all.

With regards to the atmosphere/noise, the races the at Aj, Toniho and THJ won it went noticeably (and of course understandably) lively. The simple matter is if there is a Swede doing well the crowd will be bigger and the atmosphere will be better.

However on the whole, good GP, lots of fun, slickly presented and I'd def go again.

Edited by PNYC

Yes they are quite expensive. But at the same time at least they are easier to get to then those GPs that are pretty much in middle of nowhere.

Parken was a great stadium, Friends arena certainly is a belting stadium, if they could just get a Swede rider somewhere near the top end of the leader board it'd help out so much.

Think the gp showed that KIldemand and Lindback do deserve their wildcard spots.

Lindback although not scoring much kept getting in traffic from bad gates early on and looked to have speed on a track that wa to small for his liking.

Hampel must be in line for one dont care how many of one nationality there is in the series

the 4th slot is difficult

• Like 2

I don`t have a problem with Tai not singing the anthem but I do believe he shouldn`t talk to his fellow podium riders whilst it is playing, especially when the other persons anthem is playing as he did the other week when Hancock was standing in pride listening and singing to his...Hancock had no alternative but to answer Woffenden which I suspect he didn`t want to do..

• Like 2