British Speedway Forum

Stockholm Gp September 26

I didn't think it was a great meeting but at the Press Conference all of the top three praised the track as one of the best they have ridden. Also, I don't think you appreciate how much the riders actually like appearing in stadiums like this, Cardiff and coming up Melbourne. It is a big stage for them and I doubt whether you will find any of them arguing against going to Warsaw, Cardiff, Stockholm and Melbourne, great arenas that are usually the province of sports like soccer.

I could not care less if the riders like a nice posh stadium. If the racing is not there then fans will eventually stop going and stop watching. Big stage will soon become a small stage if the quality of the racing is not there. Long Eaton was an awful stadium, but we had a great shape of a race track that produced great racing, which is where I became a fan of speedway RACING. The same with the likes of Peterborough, not a brilliant stadium but always great racing.

If the GP is designed to give the riders a big pay day fine, the speedway press should tell us. But if the speedway press truly represent the fans then they should report what the fans want which is great speedway RACING as opposed to speedway riding in a nice stadium.

As for the top 3, well team Monster have shown all season that the likes of HanCOCK and Woffinden are like one voice, neither will rock the boat with each other, they all stick together like glue, their words against Niki another example of that.

• Like 2

As for the top 3, well team Monster have shown all season that the likes of HanCOCK and Woffinden are like one voice, neither will rock the boat with each other, they all stick together like glue, their words against Niki another example of that.

I see what you've done there, you've put the last four letters of Gregs surname into capitals so as to call him a cock.

How terribly clever of you. :rolleyes:

By the way, it's Nicki.

• Like 2

Is there a requirement for people to sing the National Anthem?. I always thought it was respectful just to stand.

Unless you are a religious monarchist that makes perfect sense.

It does annoy the heck out of me when sportsmen representing any nation do not show their nations anthem respect by standing in silence whilst it's played.

Bomber is doing well tonight and let's be fair that is a tad unusual. His domestic season of racing has just finished ---- surely it's no coincidence that he's doing well in the GP --- he's rested and full of concentration.?

Feel I should stick up for the lad here. Not only is he one of the most utilised riders for the guest facility, but he's also one of only a handful who rides in 3 leagues, for his team in the SWC, and also in the SGP. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a busier rider, AND he still managed to qualify for the GPs next year, but even that hasn't stopped him giving his all in the series, despite not needing the points. That's pretty impressive in my book. :)

• Like 2

Tonight showed how stupid the rules are.

In the semi Bomber held his line, got a nudge and fell off. Kildermand out. If Bomber had moved wider and let Kildemand to go past him then nothing would have happened.

Refs need to be wiser. Exclude the rider who is slower and playing the system..

• Like 1

Tai let himself down at the end by not singing the British anthem, instead he chatted to Greg, totally disrespectful. Someone needs to have a word with him.

Some good racing and well deserved win by tai.

Did you sing the anthem when you were on the rostrum Rob ?

• Like 5

Greg Hancock was the same at the last GP - laughing, chatting and drinking from the Monster bottle during the USA anthem.

I find it more surprising to see an American doing it as they're normally pretty big on the patriotism stuff.

I didn't notice it with Tai, but wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

Congratulations to Chris Harris on breaking the track record tonight

@Ad_Royno4: Awesome to work with @BomberHarris37 tonight at the GP.. good to see him get the track record and get to the semi's! http://t.co/9dPBfznXOw

Harris did 54,46 in heat 17 and then Magic did 54,23 in semi 1. Those were the two fastest times of the night.

• Like 1

Tai let himself down at the end by not singing the British anthem, instead he chatted to Greg, totally disrespectful. Someone needs to have a word with him.

Some good racing and well deserved win by tai.

Maybe he was saying " guess what, Greg. There's some pond life on the BSF that thinks the #DW43 stuff is "overkill"" and Greg is replying "Yeah I know, it's the same tube who kept moaning because the family hadn't released a statement detailing Darcy's injuries"
  • Like 6

Here we are on the verge of having a two times "BRITISH" World Speedway Champion, when all some of you can do is whinge about him apparently not standing to attention or singing along to the National Anthem.

Some of you are really pathetic.

Our National Anthem is so outdated, both in sentiment and content, we really need to get up to date, and produce a new one, though I daresay the Politically Correct brigade would take it over, which would probably be worse.

• Like 4

Tonight showed how stupid the rules are.

In the semi Bomber held his line, got a nudge and fell off. Kildermand out. If Bomber had moved wider and let Kildemand to go past him then nothing would have happened.

Refs need to be wiser. Exclude the rider who is slower and playing the system..

Absolute boll***s. One, Kildemand has lots of previous - he is dangerous.Two, why should he just move over? It wasn't a clean pass, Kildemand took his leg away. End of. Just another Harris hater.

I could not care less if the riders like a nice posh stadium. If the racing is not there then fans will eventually stop going and stop watching. Big stage will soon become a small stage if the quality of the racing is not there. Long Eaton was an awful stadium, but we had a great shape of a race track that produced great racing, which is where I became a fan of speedway RACING. The same with the likes of Peterborough, not a brilliant stadium but always great racing.

If the GP is designed to give the riders a big pay day fine, the speedway press should tell us. But if the speedway press truly represent the fans then they should report what the fans want which is great speedway RACING as opposed to speedway riding in a nice stadium.

You did really well in this post until showing yourself for what you ARE with your last sentence.

Here we are on the verge of having a two times "BRITISH" World Speedway Champion, when all some of you can do is whinge about him apparently not standing to attention or singing along to the National Anthem.

Some of you are really pathetic.

Our National Anthem is so outdated, both in sentiment and content, we really need to get up to date, and produce a new one, though I daresay the Politically Correct brigade would take it over, which would probably be worse.

Couldn't agree more.