British Speedway Forum

Premier League Fours?

I would be very surprised to see it re-staged especially at The Showground due to Panthers expected commitments in the Play Offs and the events already booked in at the EoES - something on there most weekends between now and beginning of November which is the norm! On top of that even if a club not involved in Play Offs were to volunteer to stage it finding a date when 4 clubs and their four riders plus reserves were all available would be a nightmare.

Could have it at Foxhall....

6 week gap to the 16 lapper if we dont make the play offs (as seems likely)

Also is as close to a neutral track as you can get given our home record this year!!

Could have it at Foxhall....

6 week gap to the 16 lapper if we dont make the play offs (as seems likely)

Also is as close to a neutral track as you can get given our home record this year!!

I think it would be a good idea for your club (or one of the other 3 finalists) to host it - as you say you have many dates and neutrality is not an issue for me - Panthers in the original staging on our own track but still eliminated at the semi final stage!

The same thing happened at Leicester in our first season it was re run over 16 heats.

Talk of the terrace on Saturday at Leicester was the PL 4's was being re-run at Leicester on a Saturday evening when all 4 clubs agree on a date.

It was abandoned because of rain in 1987 and restaged as a standard 16 heat four team final at hackney. I seem to remember it was run in late October, I went to both stagings of the fours that year.

• Like 1

It is likely to get good support from the Leicester fans too. Our season is finished at home after Bank Holiday Monday add that to the fact a few current & ex lions could be involved it will put a few on the gate.

Let's just hope the BSPA don't price it too high

Leicester sounds a better bet, it is unlikely to make money and the less of a rental fee, etc, that has to go outside the BSPA the better.

Either that, or scrap it for this year.

If you had bothered to attend Leicester in the last 12 months you will know some of the racing is far from boring

Boring boring Leicester. Oh dear.

The same thing happened at Leicester in our first season it was re run over 16 heats.

Talk of the terrace on Saturday at Leicester was the PL 4's was being re-run at Leicester on a Saturday evening when all 4 clubs agree on a date.

I think that would be a good compromise with two northern and two southern tracks involved and a Saturday evening should help fans of all clubs to attend if they wish.

It is likely to get good support from the Leicester fans too. Our season is finished at home after Bank Holiday Monday add that to the fact a few current & ex lions could be involved it will put a few on the gate.

Let's just hope the BSPA don't price it too high

If you had bothered to attend Leicester in the last 12 months you will know some of the racing is far from boring

Well it couldn't have got any worse

Leicester is an option for this meeting as others have said logistically is ok with clubs in the final and is a neutral track.

It will also get a good support from Leicester fans especially as they are finishing so early and will feature some Leicester favourites.

I don't think it will be a Saturday night though more likely to be a Sun afternoon in early Oct

Big stadium rent

Poor crowds for a Sheffield match let alone a match Sheffield have no part in

get some of the money back from peterborrow for the 16 heats that had to be cancelled. put that towards the rent. i a,m sure the sheff faithful will support the event , even if their team are not in it.

or just let it be till next yea if its too much hassle..