British Speedway Forum

Will Ward Win A World Title Within The Next Five Years A Simple Yes Or No.?

Who's to say? I think it depends very much on him and whether he's learnt any lessons from his ban. If he has, there is no doubt he is capable of winning the World Championship. But even then, there is still an element of luck involved and who he comes up against. Tai could hold him off and if Emil comes back. Someone relatively unknown at the moment might come through by five years time. Who knows?

Who's to say? I think it depends very much on him and whether he's learnt any lessons from his ban. If he has, there is no doubt he is capable of winning the World Championship. But even then, there is still an element of luck involved and who he comes up against. Tai could hold him off and if Emil comes back. Someone relatively unknown at the moment might come through by five years time. Who knows?

I think on a level playing field Norbold, i believe Emil at his best is the best rider in the world Ward and Tai are on par but i think with possibly no Emil Ward can win it.Saying that i want Tai, Ward,Emil to be part of a great era with hopefully a decent Laguta involved as well.

Who's to say? I think it depends very much on him and whether he's learnt any lessons from his ban. If he has, there is no doubt he is capable of winning the World Championship.

But even then, there is still an element of luck involved and who he comes up against. Tai could hold him off and if Emil comes back. Someone relatively unknown at the moment

might come through by five years time. Who knows?

There is also a few Polish rider who might find their way into the GP-series, which can be a tough challenge for anyone.

On a speedway bike Ward is a class act. He is young and if he has the desire and the temperament he could be a multi-champion. However, he could just as easily **** it up. With the same riders but in a different era we would have Ward, Woffinden, Sayfutdinov. Janowski, Zmarzlik and others all vying to be World champion.

As we now have the GP's I think most fans would love to see the Cardiff GP with Tai, Darcy, Emil and Maciej in the final.

I do expect Ward to become World Champion but I expect Tai to win more.

• Like 1

There is also a few Polish rider who might find their way into the GP-series, which can be a tough challenge for anyone.

Pawel Przedpelski is one i think could get in the series a great gater really quick, from the back i am not sure we shall see. Edited by sidney

I reckon Wardy is in the top 5 in the world and he can win quite a few world titles

So was Gollob and Adams but Gollob only have one and Adams zero titles despite being in the top for so many years.

Talent and skill is not always enough, professionalism and dedication are needed two. Ward have former two but does he have the latter two?

• Like 3

So was Gollob and Adams but Gollob only have one and Adams zero titles despite being in the top for so many years.

Talent and skill is not always enough, professionalism and dedication are needed two. Ward have former two but does he have the latter two?

Time will tell, he has certainly built up a rapport with the Swindon fans, chatted to him when the riders mingled with the fans last meeting. Hopefully will grow out of the stupid off-track behaviour, such a natural talent on a bike, reminds me of Barry Briggs.

Was a shame Leigh wasn't ruthless enough to be world champion, but superb skipper and team-rider for The Robins, moreso than the great Briggo.

Without recourse to stats...how old is he and how many GP's has he ridden?.

Time should sharpen up his gating and maturity should temper his rashness.

Riding against the best should only spur him on if the natural talent is there.

I agree that if the above do not happen he is unlikely to become World Champion, but I feel he will.

Without recourse to stats...how old is he and how many GP's has he ridden?.

Time should sharpen up his gating and maturity should temper his rashness.

Riding against the best should only spur him on if the natural talent is there.

I agree that if the above do not happen he is unlikely to become World Champion, but I feel he will.

bet you a fiver :)

Lots of ifs and buts to be so sure, too many for me... And only one man per year can do it, hes got his work cut out imo

Edited by Arson fire

No.

Does he have the raw talent to win a title in the next 5 years? Yes, certainly.

YOU WHAT, Clearly you've spent to long in Wales already. Darcy is more than capable of winning at least two titles in that time. But its down to him.

Edited by Starman2006

Ward for me is a better rider than Adams now, Leigh i watched everyweek.what a GREAT rider he was i,see him for the Robins at home ( not away) much.Crump, Sullivan i loved both those blokes Ward it is up,to him i believe. It is in his control.

Ward will never be world champ imo

Why? Edited by sidney

If he applys himself correctly it's entirely up to him how many titles he wins, he could've had one already if he hadn't screwed up last year.

In my opinion he's the most naturally talented rider in the world but, like Michael Lee he may not have the mental toughness to back it up.

• Like 1