British Speedway Forum

Hancock Banned After Attacking An "innocent" Man As He Was Out Riding His Bike

SCB

real leather or cheap sh!t from Turkey??

Turkey they ent got leather have they? just bloody plastic but my handbag does fine.I know you are a NIcki lover, i respect what he has achieved in the sport for me he is the Tyson of speedway but can't back it up.Pedersen/Hancock for me i am sure if there was a vote over a twenty year period there would be more support for Greg than Pedersen am i right.?

Turkey they ent got leather have they? just bloody plastic but my handbag does fine.I know you are a NIcki lover, i respect what he has achieved in the sport for me he is the Tyson of speedway but can't back it up.Pedersen/Hancock for me i am sure if there was a vote over a twenty year period there would be more support for Greg than Pedersen am i right.?

i dont know sid, be pretty close id think.

i dont know sid, be pretty close id think.

You could be right Arson i usually like the bad guys (ie) Tyson, McEnroe followed there careers supported both.Gutted when McEnroe lost to Lendl in the French when two sets up Tyson after prison was not the same his heart not in it just there for the money.

The man with the TV 'Grin' deserves his ban - no one is that happy !

NP is much maligned, but I know who I prefer to watch and I will miss Nicki once he retires :t: s..

There aren't enough 'characters' like him in speedway these days..

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 5

You could be right Arson i usually like the bad guys (ie) Tyson, McEnroe followed there careers supported both.Gutted when McEnroe lost to Lendl in the French when two sets up Tyson after prison was not the same his heart not in it just there for the money.

Lewis would have done Tyson and Herbie at the same time blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back sid :)

So nicki didnt like being jumped on by greg, but its ok for him to KICK the manager of torun?

Anyone see nicki last night in sweden , on the phone to the ref after a race after being beaten by laguta, no contact at all was just hard riding

but he carnt take loseing , \\

he likes to dish it but carnt take it

Nicvki did kick out at the Torun manager but he had been sworn at. The Torun bloke was in a private area and shouldn't have been there. No excuse for Pederesen but it would not have happened if the Torun manager had kept his own nose out.

• Like 3

Surely if SVEMO want to ban him it should be for 1 or 2 matches say next weeks meeting is called off then he's had no punishment.

Who replaces him next week a junior in his position in the team or another rider of equal ability to the Grinning one.

1. I don't think that they can issue a ban that goes for a certain amount of meetings only for a certain amount of time.

2. Stefan Andersson, team manager for Piraterna, can choose any rider he wants from his squad. It will likely be Adrian Miedzinski.

So I wonder if Greg realizes the irony that in "his attempt to get rid of dangerous riding" his actions will likely result in that one of the worst,

if not the worst (the latter according to Peter Ljung in a Swedish speedway poddcast) will take Greg's place in the lineup.

The official ruling(press release can be read at the link below and IMO it's always better to use the original source/ruling then to use one of the involved parties' own biased version.

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/svemo/pressreleases/avstaengning-foer-hancock-1201897?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid

http://www.svemo.se/ImageVaultFiles/id_9959/cf_44/Diarienr_2015_03_Beslut.PDF

Svemo base the ruling on the rules set by the National Swedish sports Confederation (Riksidrottsförbundet) which is the highest governing

sports Confederation in Sweden. Their rules overrides any rules found in the special sports associations.

Dunno what's happened with Greg, he seems to be obsessed by Nicki? Like it is something different behind it then Nicki's riding style.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Nicvki did kick out at the Torun manager but he had been sworn at. The Torun bloke was in a private area and shouldn't have been there. No excuse for Pederesen but it would not have happened if the Torun manager had kept his own nose out.

Absolutely there are yellow lines and the Torun manager was shouting obscenities at Pedersen provoking a reaction as well as being over the yellow line in Pedersens pit which is not allowed and not the first time he has done this. Why this has been bought up in this conversation though when it has nothing to do with the thread topic is beyond me.

Hancock is a boring old fart always has been I would rather watch ten of Pedersens than watch Hancock.

• Like 6

For the actual ruling, the committee took into account that Greg was provoked by Nicki's manoeuvre and that Nicki was excluded and warned for the incident.

They also took into account that a longer suspension would hurt a professional rider like him economically.

Imo ruling is ok but.

A rider should not have to file a complaint for Svemo to deal with this case which is the case here. The case was not dealt with until Nicki filed a formal charge against Greg

which I think happened two or three weeks ago.

• Like 3

For the actual ruling, the committee took into account that Greg was provoked by Nicki's manoeuvre and that Nicki was excluded and warned for the incident.

They also took into account that a longer suspension would hurt a professional rider like him economically.

Imo ruling is ok but.

A rider should not have to file a complaint for Svemo to deal with this case which is the case here. The case was not dealt with until Nicki filed a formal charge against Greg

which I think happened two or three weeks ago.

Ridiculous that somebody has to file a complaint before any action is taken...so if Pedersen hadn't done that then Hancock would have got off scot free...as it is 1 match isn't that severe anyway........it shows that authorities maybe do have one law for one and another rule for others and they really didn't want to punish Hancock at all because of who he was and that can never be right

The man with the TV 'Grin' deserves his ban - no one is that happy !

NP is much maligned, but I know who I prefer to watch and I will miss Nicki once he retires :t: s..

There aren't enough 'characters' like him in speedway these days..

Ward is a CHARACTER but some on here kill him off Pedersen has been given endless chances far to many over the years.

Ridiculous that somebody has to file a complaint before any action is taken...so if Pedersen hadn't done that then Hancock would have got off scot free...as it is 1 match isn't that severe anyway........it shows that authorities maybe do have one law for one and another rule for others and they really didn't want to punish Hancock at all because of who he was and that can never be right

Has Pedersen really been punished? over the years i think not he is doing now what he was doing ten years ago a dirty rider who will push riders to the limits.I can remember seeing Adams v Crump at the Abbey 2.1 to Leigh total trust no fencing real close bends close racing no dirty riding for me that is what it is about.

name them sid... What chances has he been given

I would say he has been involved in at least 15 major decisions over a long period (ie riders brought off.) Coincidence i doubt it he won't change ok Hancock made one mistake but i can understand why he reacted like he did that was years of frustration.Arson you must be Stevie W in disguise Pedersen over the years is the dirtiest rider ever and that is FACT go on U tube and most of them are on there. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

If NP is as bad as other riders have been suggesting, why not collectively refused to ride in a meeting when he is due to ride. If they wish to make a point refuse to race against him in the GP. If not accept him for what he is and get on with the job.

Why should they except him for what he is?

Has Pedersen really been punished? over the years i think not he is doing now what he was doing ten years ago a dirty rider who will push riders to the limits.I can remember seeing Adams v Crump at the Abbey 2.1 to Leigh total trust no fencing real close bends close racing no dirty riding for me that is what it is about.

I would say he has been involved in at least 15 major decisions over a long period (ie riders brought off.) Coincidence i doubt it he won't change ok Hancock made one mistake but i can understand why he reacted like he did that was years of frustration.Arson you must

be Stevie W in disguise Pedersen over the years is the dirtiest rider ever and that is FACT go on U tube and most of them are on there.

So one major incident a season? Must be plenty of riders with worse records than that? I thought the old time riders like jack millen were meant to be way dirtier? Of course Nicki has had his whole career in the erw of televised speedway so every hard/reckless/dirty move has been captured.

No angel sure, but this season the likes of Doyle and killer have been involved in far more incidents.

• Like 4